8 Reasons your Weight Training Results SUCK.

Options
167891012»

Replies

• splucy
    splucy Posts: 353
    Options
    omg you are dead right about the recovery being vital

I did weight training quite intensely for about 6 months. I then went on holiday for two weeks where I did not work out at all. The result? I came back with muscles! O_O

2 weeks off and that is what happened to me.

During my 6 months of intense training, I had lost body fat % but thought that muscle gain was never going to happen.

Well there you have it, train train train, break and wah-lah.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Bumping this, because it deserves it.
  • chayoxela
    chayoxela Posts: 23
    Options
    This was a great article!
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Bumping cause Chris says so!
  • tarcher007
    Options
    I will definitely be changing my weight-lifting regimen. Thanks!
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    If you want to lift weights, lift weights. But it's not as if everyone that doesn't is some weakling that can't function in life.

LOL, true. If you look at people raised on farms that do farm work day-in-day-out or various construction, steel, or iron workers that have to move heavy **** all days long for 40+ hours a week, yup they are strong.
    That's because their bodies are in tip top condition & that lifting something heavy is already part of their daily lives so therefore they are using their muscles plus of course they eat plenty of foods that also feeds the muscles which is why they are strong even without the help of some heavy iron as those they are lifting everyday (e.g the bricks, bags of cement etc.) weigh about 100-200 lbs. However we shouldn't compare them to the rest of the population (especially women) who are living in sedentary lives & need to bust their *kitten* off in the weight lifting department.
  • crisanderson27
    Options
    If you want to lift weights, lift weights. But it's not as if everyone that doesn't is some weakling that can't function in life.

LOL, true. If you look at people raised on farms that do farm work day-in-day-out or various construction, steel, or iron workers that have to move heavy **** all days long for 40+ hours a week, yup they are strong.
    That's because their bodies are in tip top condition & that lifting something heavy is already part of their daily lives so therefore they are using their muscles plus of course they eat plenty of foods that also feeds the muscles which is why they are strong even without the help of some heavy iron as those they are lifting everyday (e.g the bricks, bags of cement etc.) weigh about 100-200 lbs. However we shouldn't compare them to the rest of the population (especially women) who are living in sedentary lives & need to bust their *kitten* off in the weight lifting department.

Add to that that most of them have substantial belly fat/bodyfat. Trust me, I know...I am one (I was raised on a 192k acre cattle ranch, and have been in heavy underground construction for 20yrs). It wasn't until I started heavy strength training that I realized JUST HOW STRONG I WASN'T in comparison to what I am now...and just how quickly that belly goes away with a good heavy workout program.
  • crisanderson27
    Options
    Bumping again!
  • foranagirl
    foranagirl Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    save