Alcohol

Options

Replies

• HartJames
    HartJames Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    That's one way of looking at it. I haven't gotten where I am by following that mentality however. One big oops can be a domino effect for some and turn into weeks or months of over indulging. I prefer to stay on top of what I'm doing and eat smart, drink smart (for me). You don't like my advice? ::shrugs::
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Why in the world would you want to jet ski with people who are drinking? Why don't you be the disignated sober jet skier? You don't have to drink just because everyone else is.Isn't it illegal to drive anything with an engine while drinking? Please rethink this!

I know there are people here who think they know it all, however, being an ER nurse for many years I have seen the destruction drinking can cause. And if anyone thinks they have control over what they do when they are inebriated then more power to you. If I save one life by posting this than I can take all the mindless criticism thrown at me. Happy sane and sober 4th!
  • TadaGanIarracht
    TadaGanIarracht Posts: 2,615 Member
    Options
    Why in the world would you want to jet ski with people who are drinking? Why don't you be the disignated sober jet skier? You don't have to drink just because everyone else is.Isn't it illegal to drive anything with an engine while drinking? Please rethink this!

I know there are people here who think they know it all, however, being an ER nurse for many years I have seen the destruction drinking can cause. And if anyone thinks they have control over what they do when they are inebriated then more power to you. If I save one life by posting this than I can take all the mindless criticism thrown at me. Happy sane and sober 4th!

:laugh:
  • 1Cor1510
    1Cor1510 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    My new favorite is the Crystal Light Margarita Mocktails w/ Citrus Vodka. Yum!
  • carriek85
    carriek85 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I LOVE pineapple vodka and crystal light. no carbs, and yum.. drink lots of water in between and stick to a healthy bfast and lunch all day!
  • Mandino788
    Mandino788 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    also go here ... http://getdrunknotfat.com/ It tells you alcohol content and calories and how to get the most bang for your caloric buck.

Awesome! I'm celebrating my birthday this weekend so I'll definitely be using this website!
  • DawnStartingOver
    Options
    Hey lady, you got this down!!! Excellent suggestions and from someone who has lost 73 lbs! Wonderful advice for those of us trying to lose and still have a good time at the party.
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Randa-Rita!

1 oz. Limon Bacardi
    1/2 pack Crystal Light Raspberry Lemonade or Citrus Splash
    1 can Sprite Zero

Total calories: 82 (per 1 oz. Bacardi) - I use 1/2 oz. and a smaller glass but my husband make larger drinks and it's still less calories than a "good" light beer.

Have FUN... Be Safe!!! :drinker:
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Straight vodka with any low-cal/low-sugar mixer you like. Vodka has the least amount of added sugars or left-over sugars in it after distilling than most other liquors. And go for the good stuff, too ;) It taste better and you'll use less mixer!

Easy one: Grey Goose and Diet (sugar free) Cranberry Juice. Mix with some diet grapefruit juice as well and it's swell for a summer afternoon :drinker:

ETA: Just want to reiterate the importance of staying hydrated! Drink lots of water, especially if you're going to be out on the water all day. All of that sun and booze don't go well. Eat a good healthy and somewhat heavy meal a good bit before you start drinking. It'll help prevent some of the drunk munchies, as I like to call them, lol.
  • Tamara6984
    Tamara6984 Posts: 30
    Options
    Morgan's Spiced Rum and Diet Coke 60 cals....lovely!
  • lindsyrox
    lindsyrox Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I bought a bottle of Skinny Girl Margaritas, its only 100 calories per serving. My current favorite though is diet orange soda mixed w/ Vanilla vodka, YUMO!
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    My sister did "research" to figure what drink is the best. Turns out gin and diet tonic will get you the most drunk for the fewest calories. It tastes a bit like a pine tree. I like coconut La Croix (sparkling flavored water, NOT sweetened) with either Pinnacle Cake or Whipped Cream vodka. Tastes like a coconut cream pie.
  • medicinemantoo
    Options
    White tequlia, club soda, lime juice & wedges my favorite..:smile:

Holly cow! If that helps make my abs look that good and there's a woman out there that likes all that, I'm in. :happy:

meant with jest (to a point), but geez you've got some serious abs.
  • TadaGanIarracht
    TadaGanIarracht Posts: 2,615 Member
    Options
    That's one way of looking at it. I haven't gotten where I am by following that mentality however. One big oops can be a domino effect for some and turn into weeks or months of over indulging. I prefer to stay on top of what I'm doing and eat smart, drink smart (for me). You don't like my advice? ::shrugs::

Talk to me in ten years when you've kept the weight off.
  • tweakz20
    tweakz20 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Zero calories in POT!!! :laugh:

This. Also, this website is exactly what you're looking for http://getdrunknotfat.com/
  • bleacheblonde
    Options
    This sounds weird, but UV Cake vodka and diet cream soda is the BOMB. Tastes like a vanilla cupcake! Vodka is the best, though you really can't beat good ol' Jack Daniels and diet coke. Beer is disgusting. I have yet to try a beer that I actually like.
  • CABA01
    CABA01 Posts: 33
    Options
    I like white Wine 2cm and the rest of the glas with sparkeling Mineralwater. Tastes fresh and nearly no calories.
  • LeilaFace
    LeilaFace Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I usually drink gin and diet ginger ale.
  • sunnybunny5us
    sunnybunny5us Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I go over my calories every time I drink. I hate it AND I can't seem to ever manage to actually get drunk.
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Cherry vodka and Sprite zero or cherry vodka and coke zero...awesome!