Replies

• MLgarcia3
    MLgarcia3 Posts: 503
    Options
    One of my favorites! I'm up to 185 lbs
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    They are a MUST. My PR is now 405 and working sets are 365x4. I've finally got my wife doing them now!!

Deads and squats are workout 1
    Bench and bent over rows are workout two.
    Everything else I do is between sets of above.
  • DaveRCF
    DaveRCF Posts: 266
    Options
    I don't like them. Lol. But that's because I am not very good at them. I started out doing stiff legged deadlifts and I liked those but then I moved on to regular ones and for some reason I feel odd and awkward doing them. I think it's just because I'm so tall but I don't know.

Squats, however, I love.

Doubtful. I'm 6'2" tall and no problems deadlifting. More likely it may be your body proportions (long legs, short torso, or short legs, long torso, short arms!) LOL Often the awkward part comes when you are putting the bar down and your knees bend before you've had a chance to get the bar past them. Practice helps. Low weight, concentrate on form, then when that is mastered, up the weight slowly.
  • KiltFuPanda
    KiltFuPanda Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Just started doing deadlifts yesterday - tried them once before, but my form was wrong and I couldn't lift right.

And I LOVE THEM! My grip's not so good, so I'm using straps when I go 300+, but even with that, my legs, hips, back, and forearms all felt the "good workout burn and ache" this morning.

Call me a meathead, cause I'm hooked.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I don't like them. Lol. But that's because I am not very good at them. I started out doing stiff legged deadlifts and I liked those but then I moved on to regular ones and for some reason I feel odd and awkward doing them. I think it's just because I'm so tall but I don't know.

Squats, however, I love.

Doubtful. I'm 6'2" tall and no problems deadlifting. More likely it may be your body proportions (long legs, short torso, or short legs, long torso, short arms!) LOL Often the awkward part comes when you are putting the bar down and your knees bend before you've had a chance to get the bar past them. Practice helps. Low weight, concentrate on form, then when that is mastered, up the weight slowly.

Yeah. I think I probably just suck lol.
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    love them! Nothing's better than a new PR on deadlifts!
  • RyanWilson1993
    RyanWilson1993 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Definatley a great exercise havent performed regular deadlifts in awhile but i will add them back in once i finish my y3t program
  • feydruss
    feydruss Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I've only just started doing them with barbells, and it's a lot different than with dumbbells! My last set was 115 (if you include the bar--you do include the bar, right?). I've noticed that I do best at deadlifits when I focus on driving up through my legs, rather than pulling with my back and arms. I'm sure this is a no-brainer to most of you, but I'm still learning. :)

I've been struggling with squats lately, and I realized that while my form for bodyweight squats was great, I was having trouble with form for barbell squats. I widened my stance a little and turned my toes out a bit (not quite sumo), and it made a HUGE difference. I could really engage my legs and core without worrying about my injured knee.