Inner Thighs

Options
Does anyone know some good exercises to tighten inner thigh muscles? My outer muscles are pretty good but I need to work on my inner thighs. Any help?

Replies

• BeautyAndStrength50
    BeautyAndStrength50 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Squats are really good.. Kickboxing is another one.. Hope that helps..

susie
  • BrightEyesx3
    BrightEyesx3 Posts: 335
    Options

susie

Kickboxing? Never thought about that, can you do that at home?
  • smilingalltheway
    smilingalltheway Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I asked my trainer this, the news was not good, the inner thigh is one of the places your body naturally stores fat, a major artery runs there and the fat is for protection. Also there is only 1 very small muscle there so hard to tighten up, but I'll be interested in some ideas.
  • BrightEyesx3
    Options
    I asked my trainer this, the news was not good, the inner thigh is one of the places your body naturally stores fat, a major artery runs there and the fat is for protection. Also there is only 1 very small muscle there so hard to tighten up, but I'll be interested in some ideas.

Really? That's the first time I heard that. My thighs are large for my height and I just want to shape them a bit.
  • ancarrollx
    Options
    Plie squats also help in addition to regular squats. You should also check out blogilates on YouTube, if you haven't already. She has some killer videos, including an Inner Thigh Insanity!
  • mcpherson4
    mcpherson4 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    How to get rid of the jiggley cellulite on the inner thighs. That is my question. If you have thighs of any size and you are NOT a professional swimmer or athlete you know what I mean. They are getting smaller but not necessarily tighter. Maybe I have missed that boat altogether. ugh.
  • BrightEyesx3
    Options
    Plie squats also help in addition to regular squats. You should also check out blogilates on YouTube, if you haven't already. She has some killer videos, including an Inner Thigh Insanity!

Thanks! I'll look into it, but do they have ones specially for inner thighs?
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    I've been wondering this too. >.>
  • BrightEyesx3
    Options

Great minds think alike :laugh:
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    sumo squats
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Swimming is helping mine. Do you have a public pool nearby? Its really good exercise for building long lean muscles.
  • BrightEyesx3
    Options
    Swimming is helping mine. Do you have a public pool nearby? Its really good exercise for building long lean muscles.

My neighbor has one, planned on going over. Does it help a lot?
  • mcpherson4
    mcpherson4 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    http://blogilates.com/legs-thighs

Found this. I have been swimming daily. My legs are slimming down, maybe a bit less jiggly. We will see.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    to slim the area of fat that's just a matter of eating below your TDEE since you cant spot reduce fat

to tighten the area then you need to do resistance training ad weight training. squats, deadlifts, lunges and steps up all work the entire thigh muscles
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options

Well, I can feel my muscles in my thighs getting stronger from all the squats at the gym and at work but I haven't noticed any of the fat on my inner thighs going away. I figure that it'll go with time but any way to expedite the process would be nice.
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options

susie

Kickboxing? Never thought about that, can you do that at home?

Yes u can! I do kick boxing! Try Turbo Jam or Turbo Fire.
  • ryall70
    ryall70 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • BrightEyesx3
    Options

Well, I can feel my muscles in my thighs getting stronger from all the squats at the gym and at work but I haven't noticed any of the fat on my inner thighs going away. I figure that it'll go with time but any way to expedite the process would be nice.

I've been thinking the same thing. But its like I feel all my muscles tightening, but in that area its still a bit soft
  • BrightEyesx3
    Options
    http://blogilates.com/legs-thighs

Found this. I have been swimming daily. My legs are slimming down, maybe a bit less jiggly. We will see.

Thank you for posting this!
  • xerotolerance
    Options
    Cardio!
    Wide stance squats, lunges, inner thigh squeeze (adduction) with a balance ball.