Inner Thighs

Options

Replies

• BrightEyesx3
    BrightEyesx3 Posts: 335
    Options
    Squats are really good.. Kickboxing is another one.. Hope that helps..

susie

Kickboxing? Never thought about that, can you do that at home?

Yes u can! I do kick boxing! Try Turbo Jam or Turbo Fire.

Was thinking about buying Turbo Fire soon!
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options

susie
    Sounds like a good idea. Also you'd be surprised what a little stretching does. Stretch out your legs in that area. If you are on the floor when you do it, at home, try massage in that area to open up clogged tissues...you do have lymph drainage close by, in the inner thigh as well as the groin...basically anywhere you sweat. And if those are clogged up, your tissues will have a hard time clearing out. Give it a try.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Bumpity bump.
  • sthrnchick
    sthrnchick Posts: 771
    Options
    Squats are really good on the thighs ( and butt too!!), kickboxing is great and fun too!
  • BOLO4Hagtha
    BOLO4Hagtha Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Pop Pilates Inner Thigh Insanity on youtube by Cassey Ho. You will feel it the next day! My inner thighs were so sore, I felt it when I had my foot on the gas/break pedal while driving.
  • BeautyAndStrength50
    BeautyAndStrength50 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Yes you can do kickboxing at home. Jillian has one out called Kickfit and its good. I love it.Walmart again 9.00.. :)
  • BrightEyesx3
    Options
    Squats are really good on the thighs ( and butt too!!), kickboxing is great and fun too!

Are there any kickboxing DVDs available in stores?
  • sfoster3171982
    sfoster3171982 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I asked my trainer this, the news was not good, the inner thigh is one of the places your body naturally stores fat, a major artery runs there and the fat is for protection. Also there is only 1 very small muscle there so hard to tighten up, but I'll be interested in some ideas.

I agree with this statement I have lost 50lbs and already can see that I need skin tightening surgery after I hit my goal. Even my trainer can see it. :sad:
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    working the adductors with a ball seems like a good one, standing or on the floor. Low pulley should work too. :)
  • mrsRhughes
    mrsRhughes Posts: 122
    Options
    Plie squats / hops are THE BEST. My thighs have always been my problem area but these are FANTASTIC! The best is to do plie squats for three counts, then HOP on the fourth. Repeat as much as you can handle! Also, Jillian Michales "No More Trouble Zones" has been my best friend for months now!! The exercises in it have REALLY helped with my inner thighs. Good luck!
  • JBott84
    JBott84 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    you cant spot reduce fat

I hate this saying....I really do, yes of course you cannot chooooose where fat comes off, but YES there are exercises that focus on and target certain spots...so why bother saying you can't - it is just all around discouraging...:cry:

hmm maybe it's the can't I don't like :huh: ...

and my suggestion is WALKING! fast walking, slow walking, just walking and jogging/running if you can...I have noticed the most change in my legs when I do a lot of walking/jogging
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Lunges are surposed to be the best exercises to reshape your legs.
  • tobnrn
    tobnrn Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    to slim the area of fat that's just a matter of eating below your TDEE since you cant spot reduce fat

to tighten the area then you need to do resistance training ad weight training. squats, deadlifts, lunges and steps up all work the entire thigh muscles

This. Unfortunately you cant spot reduce.
  • spiregrain
    spiregrain Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the 200 squat challenge, definitely feeling those squats in the inner thigh, hopefully they will help me because I am perilously close to the edge of reason with these things.

http://www.twohundredsquats.com/

If you do the challenge, there's a nice forum post in exercise for it. Join us O_O

I have also heard the muscle there is small and its a tough area to firm up. As you lose you'll see changes, too, though. I'm sure it depends a lot on body fat percentages.
  • amivox
    amivox Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels Killer Buns and Thighs works your entire lower body, and there is a side plank move where you lift the bottom leg and you feel it burning sooooo much on your inner thighs. I just started that video, so I don't know how my results will be yet, but its got so many squats, lunges, sumo squats, and all sorts of crazy variations that you definitely feel it.
  • BrightEyesx3
    Options
    Jillian Michaels Killer Buns and Thighs works your entire lower body, and there is a side plank move where you lift the bottom leg and you feel it burning sooooo much on your inner thighs. I just started that video, so I don't know how my results will be yet, but its got so many squats, lunges, sumo squats, and all sorts of crazy variations that you definitely feel it.

Thanks! Mind keeping us posted as to how its working out for you?
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    The yes no machine perhaps?
  • BrightEyesx3
    Options

The what machine? :huh:
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options

The what machine? :huh:

tumblr_lzafkdBRov1qbax9mo1_500.jpg
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options

susie

Kickboxing? Never thought about that, can you do that at home?

Yes u can! I do kick boxing! Try Turbo Jam or Turbo Fire.

Was thinking about buying Turbo Fire soon!

U'll love it! I completed the program 2 weeks ago.