Christian Grey of "50 Shades" - In Movies

Options
MILFdoesabodyGd
MILFdoesabodyGd Posts: 347 Member
I have recently started reading the "50 Shades" trilogy, almost done with the first book.

I have also recently read that there's talk of Ryan Gosling playing Christian Grey (the lead in the book; handsome, rich entrepreneur with the mercurial moods and masterful sexual skills) ...I see it as all wrong. He is too boyish and doesn't have any of the features of Christian that I picture in my own mind.

I love Kellan Lutz aka Emmett Cullen in the Twilight movies (which I didn't even know til I googled what he's been in) He has the bad boy look but the megawatt smile too....

Kelan-Lutz-kellan-lutz-1276370-261-368.jpg

kellan-edward.gif

Maybe no one can live up to what we see in our imaginations, but I am asking those who have read the book to weigh in, who do you think should get the part??

Replies

• steph124ny
    steph124ny Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    After seeing Magic Mike, I'm gonna go with Channing Tatum! ;)
  • MILFdoesabodyGd
    Options
    also, this guy Matt Bomer

124200902193571235_jo8tiqDm_c.jpg
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    All these guys look alike to me. You could have said that was Channing Tatum and I wouldn't know any better.
  • MILFdoesabodyGd
    Options
    Channing is so hot. SO HOT. But I just can't see him in that role.
  • ShareeMorty
    ShareeMorty Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I have recently started reading the "50 Shades" trilogy, almost done with the first book.

I have also recently read that there's talk of Ryan Gosling playing Christian Grey (the lead in the book; handsome, rich entrepreneur with the mercurial moods and masterful sexual skills) ...I see it as all wrong. He is too boyish and doesn't have any of the features of Christian that I picture in my own mind.

I love Kellan Lutz aka Emmett Cullen in the Twilight movies (which I didn't even know til I googled what he's been in) He has the bad boy look but the megawatt smile too....

Kelan-Lutz-kellan-lutz-1276370-261-368.jpg

kellan-edward.gif

Maybe no one can live up to what we see in our imaginations, but I am asking those who have read the book to weigh in, who do you think should get the part??

Now that I have seen these pics - he would do LOL
    Question is can he act? the rest of the Twighlight cast can't!
  • peprwpr
    peprwpr Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Im almost done with book 3. I'll probably finish it tonite. I like the idea of Ryan Gosling in the lead. If the lead were a bit older though, I would have to say George Clooney, Richard Geer, or Sean Connery. Although, I know that they are much older than the character. In my mind, they are who I see as I get lost in the story.........But, then Im a bit older than the characters.........
  • steph124ny
    steph124ny Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Matt Bomer would work, too.....YUM!
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    also, this guy Matt Bomer

completely
  • NYChick84
    NYChick84 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Matt Bomer for sure!!!!!!!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
  • MILFdoesabodyGd
    Options
    Im almost done with book 3. I'll probably finish it tonite. I like the idea of Ryan Gosling in the lead. If the lead were a bit older though, I would have to say George Clooney, Richard Geer, or Sean Connery. Although, I know that they are much older than the character. In my mind, they are who I see as I get lost in the story.........But, then Im a bit older than the characters.........

totally a young Richard Gere!! good call!
  • NYChick84
    NYChick84 Posts: 331 Member
    Options

Christian Bale by far!!!!
  • MILFdoesabodyGd
    Options

Now that I have seen these pics - he would do LOL
    Question is can he act? the rest of the Twighlight cast can't!

I'm not sure, I didn't even know he was in those movies. I don't even know why I watch Twilight at all! haha
  • HellsKells
    HellsKells Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Since the books were started as Twilight fanfiction, you're not far off with your suggestion of Kellan Lutz, although Christian was based on the Edward Cullen character. However, Robert Pattinson just wouldn't do it for me in that role.
  • MILFdoesabodyGd
    Options

he's just okay in my eyes, especially for this role. Just my opinion, I've never thought him to be that hot --especially not like Grey. Bale doesn't have the jawline like is described so much in the book.
  • MILFdoesabodyGd
    Options
    Since the books were started as Twilight fanfiction, you're not far off with your suggestion of Kellan Lutz, although Christian was based on the Edward Cullen character. However, Robert Pattinson just wouldn't do it for me in that role.

I entertained the idea but nope, wouldn't do it for me either. He'd need to do some major bulking up both in body and mind.
  • hothodgie
    hothodgie Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Matt Bomer does it for me!
  • chezmama
    chezmama Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I know what I have in mind, but he doesn't even exist anymore.

So as far as who could play him now, I have heard a lot of people mention Ian Somerhalder and I can totally see that choice. As Boone, on LOST, he was a very young and very rich CEO. I have never seen The Vampire Diaries, but I imagine that role would be perfect to add darkness to his resume. So there you have it. A very young, handsome, smoldering, rich CEO with a very dark side. The perfect Christian Grey.
  • KaraBahama
    KaraBahama Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I love Matthew Bromer but every since I found out he was gay, well in my head it's hard to fantasize him with any woman, I just see him with dudes. Please believe I have nothing against gay people at all. I fell in love with him in White Collar and when I found out he was gay, well I cried. He's so HOTT. Totally not fair. All the ugly guys should be gay not fine handsome sex symbols like Mat.

What do you guys think about Ryan Gosslin playing Christian Grey?
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options

christian bale is too old for the part

• Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    b1e