Christian Grey of "50 Shades" - In Movies

Options

Replies

• tajmel
    tajmel Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Fact: Fifty Shades of Gray, which is nothing more than poorly written Twilight fan-fiction, has sold more copies than Ray Bradbury sold of all of his books, ever. I don't want to hate, but ladies, beat the stereotype. Read a real book.

I'm sorry, I just couldn't restrain myself. Bad self.
  • MementoSomniare
    MementoSomniare Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    after matt bomer was mentioned, my imaginary christian has been booted out and replaced by him!! He does seem like he could pull the role off perfectly :love:
  • Nick10hoorn
    Options
    they all look too gay for me, but I read the books and found the characters a bit soft, good thing no one voted for me, lol, I'm into tanning hides, if you get what I mean, lol
    Try reading the story of O, it's an oldie, but not fan fiction
  • ScarlettVamp
    ScarlettVamp Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Fact: Fifty Shades of Gray, which is nothing more than poorly written Twilight fan-fiction, has sold more copies than Ray Bradbury sold of all of his books, ever. I don't want to hate, but ladies, beat the stereotype. Read a real book.

Fact: Just because I've read Fifty Shades of Grey (both as Twilight fan fiction and in its current publication) doesn't mean I've never read what you would consider a "real book".

I'm sorry, I just couldn't restrain myself. Bad me! Maybe I need Fifty to help with the restraints.:wink:
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options

I quite agree that the books are poorly written fan fiction but who gives a ****. 'Real' books can be read in conjunction. You don't have to give up one for the other. Just like I don't have to give up watching Shortland Street or some other crappy soap opera if I watch some awesome classic noir film. You can do both or all. Beauty of a a varied cultural view.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    also, this guy Matt Bomer

124200902193571235_jo8tiqDm_c.jpg

Matt Bomer is what screams Christian Grey to me...problem is he came out as gay and I wonder if studios might have a problem with him fronting a movie like Fifty Shades when he's gay.

As cute and talented as they are, no Channing Tatum or Ryan Gosling. If they act in it I refuse to see it.
    If I can remember how to post a pic, I'll say it for the 1000th time...Colin Egglesfield for the win! He is Christian Grey to me. :tongue:

colin-egglesfield-pic.jpg

I'll also take Colin Egglesfield!
  • ZoeyRobinson
    ZoeyRobinson Posts: 301
    Options
    Wentworth Miller or Gale Harold.
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    If I can remember how to post a pic, I'll say it for the 1000th time...Colin Egglesfield for the win! He is Christian Grey to me. :tongue:

colin-egglesfield-pic.jpg

Oh good god, those eyes. those gorgeous, piercing eyes. yep. he's a contender.

PS: Real books i've read or reread lately include: Glass, Burned, Crank, The Hobbit, Survivor, More, Now, Again (one book), Rant, Choke, Manic, and the The Glass Castle. That's in the last month.

I can't wait to read some trashy sex books :laugh:
  • tajmel
    tajmel Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I'm not saying you shouldn't read smut, or that reading 50SoG is evidence that you're functionally illiterate. The sheer number of copies sold make that impossible. I'm just saying, read decent smut, maybe even smut featuring fleshed out characters engaging in a realistic, compelling D/s relationships. It exists.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    PS: Real books i've read or reread lately include: Glass, Burned, Crank, The Hobbit, Survivor, More, Now, Again (one book), Rant, Choke, Manic, and the The Glass Castle. That's in the last month.

Yes, just because I read these doesn't mean I always read trashy fiction. I read a lot of other books of many different genres.

Would also like to suggest Alex Pettyfer:

2aievkg.jpg

He might have to dye his hair darker and maybe gain a little muscle but I think he's a good contender.
  • Vodkha
    Vodkha Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, Gale Harold might do! He was very good in Queer as Folk! I just don't want them to pick someone for looks mainly.
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    ok, so my first choice for this role was bradley cooper... BUT, i just saw thor tonight & i have a new celebrity crush!! omg, chris hemsworth is absolutely beautiful & i can totally see him saying "laters, baby" :smokin:

chrishemsworth1.jpg

chrishemsworth2.jpg

chris_hemsworth3.jpg

YES!!!!!!!!!!!

And I pray that Kristin Stewart is not Ana!
  • mmmyotwnz
    mmmyotwnz Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Ian Somerhalder hands down so far. Now Matt Bomer isn't bad either, but Ian can pull off the dark smoldering look and those eeeyyyyyeeeeeessss.
  • MeltingCandlewax
    MeltingCandlewax Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Okay this guy is hot! he could be christian or Lepnardo Di Caprio. BTW 50 shades rocked. I liked it. But you have to read all three.
  • ginique
    ginique Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Henry Cavill was my Christian until people started mentioning Matt Bomer. Bomer is so beautiful it damn near hurts to look at him.

Also, if ASkars has expressed interest in the role, I'm SO there. Love me some Eric Northman!
  • KateL1969
    KateL1969 Posts: 98 Member
    Options

Don't think 50 shades ever claimed to be anything but pulp fiction? Women arent buying it for it's literary prowess - it's escapism. It does what it says on the tin. The literary equivalent to eating at McDonalds. It might not be quality but it is short term gratification!
  • tameejean
    tameejean Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    also, this guy Matt Bomer

124200902193571235_jo8tiqDm_c.jpg

Fits perfectly in my mind! :)
  • Dollface_Mama
    Options
    I looove Alexandar Skarsgard! But I have to go with Liam Hemsworth :bigsmile: .

liam-hemsworth-louis-vuitton.jpg
  • moxiecowgirl
    moxiecowgirl Posts: 291 Member
    Options

Whoa...yeah, he'll do! :love:

Especially since he actually has the silver-grey eyes.
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options

Yes, just because I read these doesn't mean I always read trashy fiction. I read a lot of other books of many different genres.

Would also like to suggest Alex Pettyfer:

2aievkg.jpg

He might have to dye his hair darker and maybe gain a little muscle but I think he's a good contender.

Yes!!!!

And after seeing the trailer for Magic Mike, no extra muscle is needed.