How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
124»

Replies

• caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    pretty much every time i pee, but i log the number once a day for 7 days, then add them up and divide by 7 for a weekly weight.
  • tasiamere
    tasiamere Posts: 233
    Options
    I weigh (not record) every morning just to see what's going on and then take an average for the week on mainly friday but always at least 3 days after any training other than straight cardio. I have seen myself gain 3lbs after a core exercise class so I let my body settle after a workout and then weigh.
  • overfences
    overfences Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Daily. It keeps me focused.
  • MessyLittlePanda
    MessyLittlePanda Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    once a week -ish. I have a very sensitive digestive it seems, prone to water retention and IBS symptoms, so for me it would fluctuate too much if I weighed any more frequently and i'd get upset!
  • Masterdo
    Masterdo Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    3 times a day :p

I log it only once a week though, either on Mondays or Thursdays.

I LOVE to weigh in right after a tough workout, because most of the time I will weight 2-3 pounds less than usual. I see it as a positive feedback loop, or a glimpse in the future if I continue my good work :p

I'm not obsessed with the scale, just the most curious person still alive, and a data freak, so I like to see the fluctuation and understand the causes, see for fun what happens after a 7k mg sodium day :p
  • elisemahoney
    Options
    Don't lose faith! I know what this is like! We have this biggest loser challenge at work and people that are much bigger than me are losing 12-16 lbs a week! And then I lost 1lb. the first week! It sucks! But don't punish yourself! Now since I have stuck it out I am losing more. I have went down an entire size in uniform at work and lost over 5 lbs. I try not to eat any carbs. Carbs make me feel heavy and tired. I am also trying to watch my salt intake. Salt makes me feel bloated! Then I feel fat! Just know your weakness and know your strengths. You can do this! :smile:
  • sneekspeete
    sneekspeete Posts: 136
    Options
    I get weighed and measured @ Curves once a month.I do have a scale @ home but I would get on it obsessively and then freak out, so the scale is hidden.Obviously I'm one of those people who can't weigh themselves everyday. One min I'm elated -the 2 hrs later I wanna chuck the damn thing off the deck.!
    See y its hidden? :wink:
    funny thing is 3 months ago you couldn't get me on a scale if u payed me! Well, maybe,,, depending on the amount. I didn't wanna kno how much weight I had gained back!
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I have been to gym every day and been around 1200 calories

You didn't eat enough to account for your exercise and your body slowed down your metabolism.
    I LOVE to weigh in right after a tough workout, because most of the time I will weight 2-3 pounds less than usual
    I drink so much water during a workout, I would assume it would add weight to the scale?
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily - immediately upon waking up and after going to the bathroom. But I understand daily fluctuations and am not bothered in the least by them as long as the overall trend is downward.