Looking for friends with 1200 calorie range

Options

Replies

• lmc8774
    lmc8774 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too. I am 5'2" and am looking to lose about 10 pounds. I'd like to lose more, but I'm trying to set a realistic weight to maintain. I've always kept my weight fairly under control, but over the last few years have gained about 15 pounds and then got a diagnosis of hypothyroidism. I've always gained weight easily and had a hard time taking it off. Right now I'm losing maybe a half pound each week on 1,200 calories. I agree with those that some days it is not too bad, but other days it is really hard. With so few calories to eat each day, you can be a little off and blow the whole day.
  • megsi474
    megsi474 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I set at 1300 to keep around 1200 and not get the MFP lecture that I'm undereating. :smile:

Always looking to trade support!
  • jrnygirl
    jrnygirl Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I typically try to stay within the 1200 calorie range. i have about 25-30 lbs to lose. (haven't weighed myself lately). I'm starting fresh again this coming Sunday, although today I have started tracking my food again. But on Sunday I will do weight and measurements and really stay consistent. My hubby and I are starting this together and are determined to achieve our goals this time around. Feel free to add me if you'd like. I believe that my food diary is available for friends to view.
  • jtakingcareofherself
    jtakingcareofherself Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    The only way you can consume such few calories, lose weight for longer than a few weeks, and not go crazy from your stomach growling incessantly is to go on a ketogenic type of diet.

This website has a good explanation of what it's all about.

http://www.keto.org/summary.htm
  • michelle_mareshfuehrer
    michelle_mareshfuehrer Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Hi! My doctor requires me to be on a 1200 calorie diet to lose weight from my PCOS/insulin resistance, so I am in your boat for caloric goals. You are welcome to add me :)
  • merc80ss
    merc80ss Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Add Me! I stay around this range all the time but I also work out 5 times a week. Would love to have more support! I've lost 24 lbs in 70 days!
  • Codee81
    Codee81 Posts: 2
    Options
    My goal is 1200 cal as well, feel free to add me as well!
  • Pheonix2012
    Pheonix2012 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'3'' and have 30 lbs to lose. I am currently at 1200 Calories a day. anyone please feel free to add! :flowerforyou:
  • Tlively13
    Tlively13 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    you should concentrate on balanced meals for proteins, carbs and good fats.-also eating fiber will help you stay full. Otameal for breakfast is great filler helps you to stay full. look up clean eating by tosca reno.
    alos research good and bad carbs (simple and Complex carbs-stay away from simple carbs--general rule of thumb your white food, rice, bread, flour....)
  • megandme120
    megandme120 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Add me if you'd like! I'm 5'5" with 10-15 (of fat!) to lose but trying to gain muscle! I'm one of those "skinny-fat" people. :)
  • paulsmisses
    paulsmisses Posts: 178
    Options
    Hi everyone :) I am 5'2 and have about 30 lbs to lose. I am looking for supportive friends to add on here that are in a similar 1200 calorie range. I find it really difficult to stay within this number and am hoping friends on here with similar goals can help!

hey i am 5 ft 4 in with 40lbs to lose ( i am 21 lbs into it!) i generally manage quite well on 1200 cals, have my bad days like everyone else but would be good to see others diaries who are eating the same as me! ive sent you a wee add! :-)
  • noellyenciso
    Options
    Add me I am 5'-3" 185lbs . I am currently at 1200 calories a day and its very hard to keep that up.
  • Genevieve1073
    Genevieve1073 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi :) I am 5'4" and want to lose about 30 pounds and if I want to lose more than 1 pound a week then I'm at the 1200 mark too. I'm just getting started and therefore have opted to ease into it by losing only about a pound a week and being able to take in more, but I hope to get down to the 1200 net intake each day too! Anyone at all, feel free to add me so we can support each other. I only actually know one person on myfitness pal so I don't have many friends for motivation on here. I'm also young (19) so not a lot of my friends and people my age are on here trying to lose weight.
  • lmeasterling
    lmeasterling Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    My current calorie goal is 1230/day & I'm trying to lose 30-35lbs at 1.5lbs per week. Most days I don't have too much trouble maintaining that goal, probably because I'm not a big breakfast eater! lol. At any rate, we can all use encouragement on this weight loss journey...so feel free to add me! :)
  • jtakingcareofherself
    jtakingcareofherself Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Add me I am 5'-3" 185lbs . I am currently at 1200 calories a day and its very hard to keep that up.

The only way you can consume such few calories, lose weight for longer than a few weeks, and not go crazy from your stomach growling incessantly is to go on a ketogenic type of diet.

This website has a good explanation of what it's all about.

http://www.keto.org/summary.htm
  • HazelElfwand
    Options
    Please start eating more than 1200 calories!!! It's WAY too little!!! Can we say starvation mode?!
  • BrunetteRunner87
    BrunetteRunner87 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I'm 5' 1.5" and I try to stay around 1200. I've lost about 23 lbs so far, my goal is to lose between 30 and 40 total. My diary is open so feel free to look at it.

It was definitely hard to get used to at first, but you figure out what makes you full and when you're actually hungry vs. bored, and it gets easier! Good luck!

Also, don't pay attention to these people that say 1200 isn't enough. Don't go too far under and eat your exercise calories, but these people don't seem to understand that 1200 is fine for short girls. My BMR is right around 1300, so losing weight would be hard if my goal was more than 1200.
  • MonisNatural
    MonisNatural Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm in the 1200 calorie range as well.. feel free to add me. I saw someone else say they keep calories down by eating egg beaters. I do the same and love eating tilapia and steamed broccoli as well.
  • brandileah111
    brandileah111 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Same range here! It is extremely hard to do. I know that I'm eating slightly more most days, and still losing. I've lost 53 lbs so far, 17 of that here on MFP. Add me! :-)
  • melann1974
    melann1974 Posts: 84
    Options
    I'm 38 years old and am on the 1200 calorie range. I typically eat around 1300 calories and then add exercise to to it. Some days I am hungrier and on those days, I add low fat healthy snacks. You can eat a lot of vegetables for very few calories. I have 20 more lbs to reach my second goal. My first goal was to lose the 25lbs that I have gained over a 9 month period on a new medicine. I have lost that weight and now on to my next goal. Feel free to add me as a friend.

~melody