Howdy from Texas

Options
I've been working on my new lifestyle for 10 months. I managed to drop 50 pounds; improve my cholesterol, blood sugar levels and maintain healthy blood pressure consistently. I found myfitnesspal by accident. I started running recently and was looking for an app that would help track my running progress when I came across myfitnesspal. I decided to try it out, and boy am I glad I did! I had been controlling my diet and felt pretty comfortable about it. But by using fitnesspal, I found that I was slowly slipping in some cheats. Didn't realize that because I'm still losing weight. So I guess I was getting overconfident and went for that one "extra bite" after I knew I was already satisfied or skipping that workout because it was only "just one."

It wasn't until today that I explored this web site and found all of the other features. This is a great site! I'm still learning a lot and feel more confident that I can still maintain my fitness level.

Looking forward to learning from others in this web site and determined to stick to The Plan.

Replies

• Erikhulse
    Erikhulse Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Howdy! What part of Texas?
  • Toomestwin
    Toomestwin Posts: 40
    Options
    San Antonio. Moved here back in 2001 because of all the family owned Mexican restaurants. That ended up being a problem....about 50 to 60 extra pounds worth of problem for me. That's probably the biggest challenge for me now: keeping a healthy control on tacos, enchiladas, frijoles, tostadas, aros con pollo and all the other dishes this city is famous for.
  • MNguerita
    MNguerita Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I love Texas, been contemplating moving there as my daughter has family in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area.
  • SouthernSweetie74
    Options
    Howdy Texas!

I love this site... it is replacing my FB addiction... :) And I've lost 40 lbs since April... using this site was a big part of that.

So, welcome.

From Arkansas

:)
  • SouthernSweetie74
    Options
    San Antonio. Moved here back in 2001 because of all the family owned Mexican restaurants. That ended up being a problem....about 50 to 60 extra pounds worth of problem for me. That's probably the biggest challenge for me now: keeping a healthy control on tacos, enchiladas, frijoles, tostadas, aros con pollo and all the other dishes this city is famous for.

I love San Antonio! Can't wait to get back there for a visit one day. :)
  • jgunn81
    jgunn81 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Howdy, San Antonio here as well
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome to my fitness pal, it's a great site and there are a lot of Texans here.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options

^
    ^

Darn ....... I think I gained a few pounds just reading your list of Mexican favorites ROFL

Best of luck on your journey !
  • RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmm Mamasitas Chile Rellenos. You lucky dog.

My inlaws live in Texas. See my pic? Taken on the way to the airport to visit them in Texas. It's called my "Whoo-hoo, I'm going to Texas for Christmas" face !!!!!

Salsa verde only has 15 calories, I put it on my egg dishes for breakfast.

Love Texas.
  • ClareRae
    ClareRae Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Hellooooo from Fort Worth!!!
  • redcat17
    redcat17 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm from Houston. I can relate to your problem to resisting all of that yummy Mexican food. It must be double-hard working around it! Congrats on your progress so far!
  • txcaveman
    txcaveman Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hello from San Angelo. Great Mexican food here also.

Congratulations on your success thus far.
  • satxtrap
    satxtrap Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    San Antonio as well!
  • Susan_Rae_1
    Susan_Rae_1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    welcome from Massachusetts. I'm new TODAY! Best of luck. Susan
  • SherryGbaby
    Options
    howdy right back at you from San Marcos/Austin!
  • JThomas61
    JThomas61 Posts: 892
    Options
    Hello from Wichita Falls! Been on MFP for 460+ days. Feel free to add me!:bigsmile:
  • usernamejoe
    usernamejoe Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    HOUSTON here! And great job to you man! Keep up the EPIC work and results!
  • Sarah_Kendrick2017
    Sarah_Kendrick2017 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey all Y'all Texans. Born and Raised Texas Southern Girl here. I live south of Houston. I was introduced to this site by my best friend that has been using it. I have been on the weight loss roller coaster but have recently decided I want to do it for myself. I think that I was trying to lose the weight for everyone else in the past. I am such a people person and love making new friends for encouragment to one another and to have friends with common interest. I am setting realistic goals and going to do my best to achieve them. Good luck to everyone on your journey!
  • ninu13
    ninu13 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    From EL Paso... :-)
  • JustJudy
    JustJudy Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    From Kyle Texas and on MFP for 2 years 7 months now! Down 23 lbs and 3 sizes :happy: