Bingers..

Options
Still continue to look for friends who wish to defeat the monster inside us once for all, so we can finally be successful at our weight loss journey, and be happy, healthy people. I feel much more happier when I'm in control. I been struggling with this, ooh, I'd say maybe 12-18 month range, and binge for almost all reasons. I even binged when I was happy for achieving my GED so I used that as an excuse to take the night off to celebrate..so please add me..lets encourage each other, support each other with the good and the bad, and be successful.

Replies

• Angi_M
    Angi_M Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am adding you...lets defeat it!
  • BellaAbrianna
    Options
    I'm a binger. You sound a lot like me. So many things set off a binge. And then I'm miserable. But the opposite is true when I eat healthy foods, I feel amazing! I'll friend you. Being accountable helps me. Anyone who wants the same can friend me too :)
    Abrianna
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dispot
    dispot Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was just sitting here looking at yesterday's diary,feeling horribly guilty. Then when I went to Community and saw your post I as reminded again that I am not alne in this journey. Thanks for that reminder. Today WILL be a better day!
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    You are sooooooooooooooo not alone on the binges.

Good luck all!!!
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I am all about it here lately! Feel like I'm starting to lose control. I have come so far, and I don't want to lose momentum!! I'll add you too! :flowerforyou:
  • ClairBears84
    ClairBears84 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I am a binger too! something I have only recently admitted to! I am working hard at beating it! feel free to add me! We will do this together!
  • charm_quark
    charm_quark Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I'm one of you... :ohwell:
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i love bingeing because i love that overstuffed feeling.

i'm glad that i can stuff myself on lowcarb.. but i don't even want to.
  • sillysam061
    Options
    Think I'll join this thread. I've had three binge days, since saturday, felt incredibly guilty about them. Today is however the start to a new binge free journey as hard as its going to be.

I'll offer my support to you all, feel free to add me as a friend, so we can support each other.
  • ClairBears84
    ClairBears84 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Think I'll join this thread. I've had three binge days, since saturday, felt incredibly guilty about them. Today is however the start to a new binge free journey as hard as its going to be.

I'll offer my support to you all, feel free to add me as a friend, so we can support each other.

Today I am back on track too! and doing well so far! Stay strong
  • KCoolBeanz
    KCoolBeanz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I'm a "recovering" binger. I say recovering, because I don't believe that it ever goes away, you just learn how to deal with it a little differently.

Feel free to add me if you like, I can totally empathize! :-)
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Same here! I binge when happy, sad, mad, bored, busy, anxious - you name it. I have really been trying to feed my emotions with something besides food.
  • Bdh2775
    Bdh2775 Posts: 14
    Options
    ahh yea this ismy number one problem!! add me please....one thingi figured out is I NEED HELP i need friends to call me on my crap..n help keep me on track..i think we are wayyyy more likely to succeed if we help each other
  • Polebarbie
    Polebarbie Posts: 84
    Options
    I'm a massive binger. I have really struggle with self control
  • lauristewart
    lauristewart Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I went to couseling for binge eating for over 2 yrs. It is something that will never go away. I have found my triggers are when I am very tired or when things are going completely out of control in my life. You have to look at it the way an alcoholic looks at alcohol.....one day at a time, forgive yourself when it happens, find support and do your best at making the binges further and further apart. Don't get too hungry, log your food. These are all things that help me. I have to snack all day and made sure I have a snack in the evening.....it is tough, but the negative self talk and the "voices" inside your head are the main culpurate. You have to get those under control before you can get the eating under control.....you have to be nice to yourself! Forgive yourself! Once you can treat yourself like you treat your best friend is when you will start controlling your binges.....
  • sugarfoot928
    Options
    I really need to see this post. I binged during the 4th of July holiday telling myself that I would get back on track the next day. However today, I binged again after a tough day at work. Please keep the advice coming
  • kais79
    kais79 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I experience binging as well. I've pretty much managed to cut it out at work and stick to my meals and scheduled or planned snacks, but when I'm off work I get bored. The last week I've been at home recovering from two eye surgeries and have went over my calorie allowance twice this week. Maybe it would help to have some encouragement! I only have one friend on here so feel free to add me. I'm not your typical dieter. I don't listen to any hype, but I may ask advice from time to time.
  • jenna25
    jenna25 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    i struggle with binges too! im really trying to end this awful habit!!!! lets help each other!!!
  • jimmeezwyf
    jimmeezwyf Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I have an awful habit of binge eating on the weekends. I do forgive myself and move on. It's becoming less often and I am proud of myself for gaining more control of it as time has gone on. :) Never give up.