Options

Replies

• starringmelissa
    Options
    im a binger as well! def adding you :)
  • zela
    zela Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    does it not make you feel bad knowing you are one weak human being who is not even able to control what you put into your mouth?

that alone would motivate me, just sayin
  • HealthierAndFitterMe
    HealthierAndFitterMe Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    yeah , i'm a binger too . been struggling with it for a year , but it has gotten really bad the past 6 months . need motivation & support . feel free anyone to add me . (:
  • Jeanna2020
    Jeanna2020 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am a binger. It's difficult to address as I am not viewed as overweight. Generally, I binge 2 days per week and sometimes more and then go to the other extreme on other days. I hope forcing myself to enter everything I eat (even on the "bad" days) will help me overcome this horrible habit I have developed. I'm disappointed in myself but strangely that feeling can even drive me to binge. It's a cycle that is not easily broken :(
  • Sassy922
    Sassy922 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I'm a closet binger. If no one can see me, or find evidence, it didn't happen. The only one who knows is the scale. and my larger *kitten*. and my too tight pants. :/

It sucks, but I can at least now "feel" it coming on and take steps to prevent it from happening.
  • naceto
    naceto Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Yups... I am the queen of binge eating. Please feel free to add me ..... that goes for anyone that needs the support. The more the merrier!
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    you can add me!! I have struggled with this for several years... hopefully able to say i'm in "recovery" soon and binge free!!!
  • sukaera
    sukaera Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Definitely had some bingeing moments myself.

Getting support from others is great, talking and writing down my feelings and thoughts have made an incredible difference.

Fellow bingers, or even occasional binge eaters, even over-eaters: I strongly suggest checking out one or two OA (Overeaters Anonymous) meetings, just to get an outside perspective and hear other human beings struggle with this disease. I'm not a member, but I have been to meetings and found clarity to myself on WHY I binge rather than fix myself post binge or hate myself post binge.

Bingeing is an ADDICTION like drugs, like alchoholism. There are real emotions and thoughts that are more terrorizing than the actual binge. Bingeing is a symptom of what's really going on inside ourselves.

Binge-eating and over eating is NOT about control. We can't control CALORIES, CRAVINGS, BINGEING, or how our bodies respond to food. Binge eating comes down to choice, and I don't mean in regards to food either.

Feel free to add me for support and accountability :-)
  • cammy257
    cammy257 Posts: 2
    Options
    I would really like to join this group, I am new to this webiste but I too binge. Last night I binged on chocolate swiss roll, cream caramel bun and cadbury's roast almond chocolate. I tend to notice I binge when: I am tired or stressed and just before I hit goal weight about 1 -2 kgs away from the goal... so it's interesting to read these posts. I am very happy to have found a place to share and talk honestly about it as I thought I was just being"greedy!" :(
  • cammy257
    cammy257 Posts: 2
    Options
    What choices did you find were important to make Sukaera? I really enjoyed reading your post - thank you for sharing. :flowerforyou:
  • jessc2198
    jessc2198 Posts: 11
    Options
    My name is Jessica and I am a binge eater. i have been feeling really down and depressed lately because i Have lost 16lbs and have lost control for a week now. I've been eating anything and everything. I need to get my act together, glad I seen this post. MFP keeps telling me in 5 weeks you will weigh more then I started...ugh=)
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Bulimic and binge eater, but I am mostly over the bulimia and have managed to stop the purging aspect which is really hard and frightening.

I have managed 6 days binge free so far and am working with a wonderful trainer to try and find a way of eating that helps me curb the binges. I am finding eating protein on a regular basis helps a great deal as does avoiding refined sugar and wheat as far as possible.

I get my down days and I tend to post on my status page quite openly if I have questions or am having a bad time of it.
    Feel free to add me, I do my best to support those on my friends list and am an honest person.
  • tumblyweed
    tumblyweed Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I <heart> Cheetos.

It's not because I'm hungry. I just really like to nosh. I have zero will power...
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    <----fellow binger.
  • kimberly2504
    kimberly2504 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    I am also a binge eater on occassion. I find if I get really stressed out I will eat a trigger food to help me feel better. My husband is in the military and was deployed while I worked full time and had a daughter at home. Some days when I would get home after a tough day of working with little kids, I would have Doritos for dinner. Or, I would buy a cake from the store and eat a few slices a day until it was gone. My husband wasn't around to call me on it and I would hide it from my daughter so she wouldn't say anything. I would make sure I had the junk at home in case I "needed" it, I think.

I have really realized the emotional tie I have for food and how unhealthy it is. I worry about passing it on to my daughter. When I started this time to try to lose weight (my first time using MFP) I really felt ready to get rid of the disgust I have for myself and the control that I let food have over me. I haven't really had any episodes of stress eating, though it's only been two weeks. I think being aware of it helps. But I have more stressful things coming up in my life.

Since I'm so new in this journey I think having some accountability will help me. So far, I've been great about staying where I want to be food-wise and logging everything I've eaten, good or not. However, as time goes on I worry I won't be as strong and start to not care so much again. I'd love to have some accountability and support, so I would love some buddies.

Sorry for the novel!
  • cheekydeeky
    cheekydeeky Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    me too! add me :)
    I'm a closet binger. If no one can see me, or find evidence, it didn't happen. The only one who knows is the scale. and my larger *kitten*. and my too tight pants. :/

It sucks, but I can at least now "feel" it coming on and take steps to prevent it from happening.
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Binge on carrots and romaine lettuce wraps with a wheat tortilla.

Filling and healthy.
  • Sandi442116
    Sandi442116 Posts: 18 Member
    Options

This is me! I just came back from a week at the beach where I knew I had to put my bathing suit on every day and although I didn't do a great job of counting everything, I was careful about what I ate...kinda :tongue: Anyways, I just had a hotdog, then some chips and dip, thennn to top it off with something sweet I had a small bowl of chocolate chips :embarassed:
  • Sandi442116
    Sandi442116 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Darn, i did the wrong thing with the quote, my comment got added in WITH the quote...