I Thought my Diary was great today...but....

nikinyx6
nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
MFP set me at 1200, I ate a lot of fruit and veggies, and I still have over 700 calories and 40 grams of carbs left?!?!

what the heck am I supposed to do? I don't think I'll actually be hungry enough to eat more...

Replies

• caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    if you're not hungry, then don't eat.

listen to your body!
  • SgtArmstrong
    SgtArmstrong Posts: 4 Member
    I had the same problem, don't eat just to consume the calories u have left, listen to ur body. That's just 700 cals less u gotta worry about! Yay! :)
  • girlie100
    girlie100 Posts: 646 Member
    why are your water calories minus calories?
  • nikinyx6

I've heard that the body has to burn calories to warm up ice water...so i ran with it...probably bogus though
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    o_O There's no way I'd be full on 600 calories.... hell I just ate that for breakfast.
  • nikinyx6
    o_O There's no way I'd be full on 600 calories.... hell I just ate that for breakfast.

That's what I thought! I usually have a huge breakfast, lots of carbs, and decided to just not have it today...I have eaten plenty today though...i'm stuffed
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member

Right!?

Also your protein numbers are ridiculously low. Try some chicken.
  • LindaCWy
    LindaCWy Posts: 463 Member

I've heard that the body has to burn calories to warm up ice water...so i ran with it...probably bogus though

Unless you physically ran with ice water in your hand theres no way drinking cold water burns calories like that. Your net calories is at 600, if you add back in the minus water calories thats 700 cals for the day. Your brain alone needs 500 cals and a small child consumes double that in a day. *edited cause thats what mfp told OP, that just doesn't seem right
  • nikinyx6

Right!?

Also your protein numbers are ridiculously low. Try some chicken.

Protein usually is higher than that, honest, maybe I'll splurge and have a moose burger at midnight :)
  • girlie100
    girlie100 Posts: 646 Member

I wouldn't bother with that, theres 100 xtra calories you have eaten right there.

I would recomend some protein but if you are just not hungry its not worth forcing the food down.
  • nikinyx6

You're kidding right?

Unless you physically ran with ice water in your hand theres no way drinking cold water burns calories like that. Your net calories is at 600, if you add back in the minus water calories thats 700 cals for the day. Your brain alone needs 500 cals and a small child consumes double that in a day. Maybe all that calorie burning ice water made you full..

If it makes you feel better, I've removed it, forgive me for trusting MFP's database
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Actually, Women's Health and other bogus health sites which loved to confuse me before I educated myself are always pushing the idea of "magic ways to burn calories!" ...and the ice cold water was one of them. It does cause you to burn a few more calories because your body has to 'warm it up' (according to WH) but even they say that the number is so miniscule it wouldn't matter, like a few calories a day - certainly not anything substantial... These are the people telling you to drink six glasses of green tea a day and add a pinch of cayenne to stimulate your metabolism, as if that's going to negate the double cheeseburger meal you just had.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Its not good to be that far under, but honestly, one day is not going to send you into the dreaded "starvation mode"...just don't make a habit of it!
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Couple of spoons of Jif natural should set you right.
  • barefootbeauty
    barefootbeauty Posts: 188 Member
    Listen to your body. I go through days like that, too. And then I'll go through days when I can't eat enough to stop my stomach from growling and I go over my calorie limit. Listen to your body. Be mindful to what it wants, not what an online tracker says you should have, right. :)
  • nikinyx6

How can I eat more when I actually feel bloated from food?... i'm definitely not trying to starve myself here, I'm trying to find a way to 'budget' calories better I guess, hoping for suggestions. Healthy eating is new to me.
  • nikinyx6
    Couple of spoons of Jif natural should set you right.

great suggestion! Thank you :)
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    You had coffee for breakfast, cheese and crackers for lunch and a potato and veggies for dinner. 19 g of protein? You need to eat more food. Maybe less starchy? Will bloat you less?