• SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    A new bone/toy, yes. A party, no.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Definitely Yes!!!!!

Pay for an Event Planner, too. Go all out!

You might want to get a photographer as well. You can use this special day to chronicle your love for your pet and even take pictures for the upcoming Holiday Cards.
  • twinmom14ek
    twinmom14ek Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Yes, if and ONLY if you just want an excuse to have a little extra fun time with your pet and treat him/her to a new toy or two.

NO to an actual party involving anyone outside the family...that's just to close to cuckoo territory for my liking.
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Errr for a pet?! Never understood that. I doubt the pet would understand what is going on
  • TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    sure why not.. though I've never had or been to one before. I wouldn't say rent a hall or anything tho lol
  • TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Yes, my dogs get a nice big fresh bone for their birthdays ...
    So does my wife....
    :flowerforyou:
  • PANZERIA
    PANZERIA Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    FOR!!! Definitely. =D When I have the funds, I would love to throw my pets one big birthday party. All of mine are rescues, but we figure they were all born between February/March/April sometime, so we'd just throw one big party for all of them! Lol.
  • Sockimobi
    Sockimobi Posts: 541
    Options
    Subject : *** BIRTHDAY PARTY FOR A PET ***

What do you think of it?

Please vote (Part A) : Yes / No / Maybe

And if yes or maybe, would you (Part B) : Pay for an event / Do it yourself

I have 3 year a year! One for each of my cats.

Do it yourself though :P
  • MoveTheMountain
    Options
    Not a birthday part no. Not a chance.

Buying it things for its birthday, yes. My boyfriends dog gets tons of chews and a new toy on its birthday every year.
    My cat is only 11 weeks old, but when it's 1 I'll buy it some catnip or something.

Agree with this - plenty of toys, but no party. But then my dog gets this stuff weekly, so I'm not sure it counts. The cat doesn't get catnip - he can't handle it.
  • IrishChik
    IrishChik Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Up until my beloved Cain (8 year old boxer) passed away (lost his battle to cancer) this past February, we had a birthday party for him every year (he has an 7 year old sister, Casey). I always bought him a new toy and would have special treats to bake. Our friends would come over and we'd have a house party. Some would bring him and his sister a present, others would bring food items. No one brought their pets, just their kids (I have a 7yr old step daughter). It was always a lot of fun, but we never had a "pet" party. Not against it. No different than taking your dog to the dog park, its just at your house. There are plenty of people out there who accept pets as a part of a persons life.
  • anastasiawildflower
    anastasiawildflower Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I'd vote for a simple birthday party at home with family and maybe a few close friends. Simple, do it yourself. Its as much for the pet as it is just a good reason for a get together, centered around the pet ofcourse :) But a lavish, expensive, go out party for a pet just doesn't seem practical to me. And I do love my 3 dogs very much and they are spoiled to death.

This^^^^
    My two dogs are my first children but I could never go farther than a family party for them.