Posting pics in underwear

Options
JoolieW68
JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
No, this is not another 'OMG WHY DO PEOPLE POST PICS IN THEIR UNDERWEAR' thread..... I have a real question that I'm curious to hear the answers to.

First off, people (ladies mostly, haven't seen any guys yet....darn) who post pics in their bra/undies don't offend me. If I don't like it, I just move on, no biggie. I actually applaud anyone who is confident enough with their body to post in that little clothing (yes, I think bra/undies is the same as a bathing suit). Good on you for working hard to have a fit body.

However, I do have a question for those folks.....

If you post those types of pictures here, where any of a gazillion anonymous people can see them, what would you do if a complete stranger walked up to you and asked you to remove your clothing down to your bra and undies so they could admire your body for several minutes? Would you say no, or would you strip and show them?

I mean....that's sort of the same thing as posting your 'scantily clad' picture here, right? Do you think about the people here who are viewing the pictures, and what they may be doing with (or to) them?

Or is it different because one is the anonymity of the webernet and one is in person? Or did you not really think of it that way at all?

This is a serious question, and again, I am not condemning anyone for the pictures they decide to post, I really am curious.

Replies

• thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I would say no, I wouldn't strip down.

Here is my take:

If I take a photo in underwear or a bikini or what have you, and post it online, I've done that of my own accord. I've decided "today the world will see my underthings and all the body that goes with it."

I do the same when I choose to wear a bikini at the beach.

However, if someone messaged me online and asked for a picture of me in my underwear, or told me they love my body and would like to see a public post with such pictures, I would not do that for them. I'd be a little off-put...not necessarily offended, more just like "uhhhh..?"

I'd feel the same way if someone on the street asked me to just take my clothes off. If I'd chosen to walk around in my underwear that day (which I wouldn't be all too opposed to, same as a bikini and I walk around in that) and someone made a comment or something, fine, cool, I don't really care. But making a request....ehhhh.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    No to the strip down because it's just weird and creepy.

If I'm showing pictures of myself in a bikini or less it's because I'm choosing to have those pictures taken and consciously posting them knowing that total and complete strangers will be looking at them. If someone were to message me and be forward enough to ask for "private" pictures or something equally creepy I'd say no and block them.

There's a big difference between my choosing to put something out for the world to see and some creepy person asking me to remove my clothes so they can look at me.
  • JoolieW68
    Options
    I would say no, I wouldn't strip down.

Here is my take:

If I take a photo in underwear or a bikini or what have you, and post it online, I've done that of my own accord. I've decided "today the world will see my underthings and all the body that goes with it."

I do the same when I choose to wear a bikini at the beach.

However, if someone messaged me online and asked for a picture of me in my underwear, or told me they love my body and would like to see a public post with such pictures, I would not do that for them. I'd be a little off-put...not necessarily offended, more just like "uhhhh..?"

I'd feel the same way if someone on the street asked me to just take my clothes off. If I'd chosen to walk around in my underwear that day (which I wouldn't be all too opposed to, same as a bikini and I walk around in that) and someone made a comment or something, fine, cool, I don't really care. But making a request....ehhhh.

I get that, thanks for your reply. I think I would be a little creeped out even if someone asked me for more pictures of me just wearing clothes, like in my profile pic.... so I understand that perspective.
  • Medea81
    Medea81 Posts: 69
    Options
    Honestly... If my body was rockin' like some of these ladies, yup, I would strip down to the undies and let them have their look! When you work hard enough for something, why not show it off, especially to those on here that are going to give that boost you may need to keep going.
    I took those dreaded before shots... will I ever post them? I don't know, perhaps, perhaps not.
  • happypath101
    happypath101 Posts: 534
    Options
    I haven't even taken pictures of myself in my undies or swimsuit - even for my own reference. It's rather silly how shy I can be about that (something I aim to change). HOWEVER, I say things on here that I'd never say in my regular life and my current mfp profile pic is not on facebook at all. I think there's something about this site that is kind of "this is all about health and weight and how I look, so here goes....."

FYI: I totally appreciate those that post pics. Some of them are a bit much for me. But, like you, I just move on. Others are totally motivational and helpful and informative. Maybe one day I'll return the favour. :O)
  • Twiztedbeing
    Twiztedbeing Posts: 389
    Options
    Honestly... If my body was rockin' like some of these ladies, yup, I would strip down to the undies and let them have their look! When you work hard enough for something, why not show it off, especially to those on here that are going to give that boost you may need to keep going.
    I took those dreaded before shots... will I ever post them? I don't know, perhaps, perhaps not.

I can completely understand your point of view. The OP mentioned not seeing any guys yet, I saw one that was only a few inches above his manhood, without underwear, and that was a little disturbing. He lost like 200 pounds though and was very proud of himself. I have seen plenty of guys, not just on here, but in real life that show off what they got, just because they got it, If I had what they did, I would be "accidentally" ripping off my shirt all the time.
  • TheDoctor90
    TheDoctor90 Posts: 461 Member
    Options

I can completely understand your point of view. The OP mentioned not seeing any guys yet, I saw one that was only a few inches above his manhood, without underwear, and that was a little disturbing. He lost like 200 pounds though and was very proud of himself. I have seen plenty of guys, not just on here, but in real life that show off what they got, just because they got it, If I had what they did, I would be "accidentally" ripping off my shirt all the time.

These kind of pictures are meant to show the V. Our muscles go right the way down, nothing weird about that.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I have a follow up question. Why would you pose for and post pictures on MFP in your underwear and then use your whole name in your screen name? Do you realize that anyone can then google just your name, see that you have an MFP account and then look at your page, your posts, and your pictures? I'm picturing maybe....oh I don't know....your boss.... your teenage children's friends? Maybe some people just don't care. Go figure!
  • Twiztedbeing
    Options

These kind of pictures are meant to show the V. Our muscles go right the way down, nothing weird about that.

no, nothing wrong with your picture. I was talking about the one not wearing pants or underwear and literally right above his *manhood*

A pic showing the V is fine in my opinion. But going too far down is NSFW. I am sure most ladies do not want to see that far down, and I did not lol, but like I said, its great he lost the weight he did to be able to show off.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    I have a follow up question. Why would you pose for and post pictures on MFP in your underwear and then use your whole name in your screen name? Do you realize that anyone can then google just your name, see that you have an MFP account and then look at your page, your posts, and your pictures? I'm picturing maybe....oh I don't know....your boss.... your teenage children's friends? Maybe some people just don't care. Go figure!

Anyone can find just about anything on the internet....
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I'd say that'll be $50, no pictures, and no touching the merchandise! :laugh:
  • Easywider
    Easywider Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Hell no I'm not going that far out of my way for nothing.
  • Discoveri
    Discoveri Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I haven't posted anything revealing yet but I use a name that I don't use elsewhere on the internet and my profile photo is just a shot of Disney World so I don't think anyone ever googling me would come across my profile or posts. I do have some before pics of me in a sports bra and yoga pants that I will eventually post (with an updated photo) when I hit 199 but I don't think the pictures reveal much except for my gigantic belly.
  • JoolieW68
    Options
    I'd say that'll be $50, no pictures, and no touching the merchandise! :laugh:

:laugh: :tongue:
  • JoolieW68
    Options

I very much appreciate.....the V.
  • thebaconbeast
    thebaconbeast Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Once I posted a picture in underwear and got a 1 month photo ban.
  • JoolieW68
    Options

Was the picture of you? :wink:
  • Twiztedbeing
    Options

Was the picture of you? :wink:

lol
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    if they did that i would say give me thousands of dollars and i will....

....jk i would never do that if a stranger on the street asked me to...here at least after a while i can take the pic down.
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    No risky pics of me on the internet. Once it's there it'll never go away. Thats why I NEVER use my real name on the internet.

And as for a stranger asking me to strip, well that all depends on who's doing the asking.:laugh:

Personally I dont mind underwear/bikini/V pics. Most undies cover a whole lot more than some of the bikinis I've seen.

But I am prettty much un-shockable. With my mates I have to be.