People who judge!! What would you have done??

Options
1235»

Replies

• Misslisat
    Misslisat Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I would have sat there for a second just staring at her, my jaw near the ground. But being the quick one I am, I would have spouted something out like "Shut up you drunk *****. Skinny don't fix ugly!!"
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    So I guess my bigger concern is that you were in a PUBLIC place, and she was drunk. the last time I checked the government funded parks and beaches are alcohol free. While I generally mind my own business, I may have gone out of my way in this case to call the police and report her.

I don't think I've ever to been to a beach that didn't allow alcohol. Some have bars on the beach.

Me neither. Not all parks and/or beaches are government funded, and the government funded beaches in Iowa (I didn't say they were great beaches, but we do have some), like at the Coralville reservoir (which is a federal park--Army Corps of Engineers), DO allow alcohol, so long as it isn't in glass containers. No glass is allowed, but pretty much everything else is.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    KHITB.

kick her in the boob? :huh:

box.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    OP, I think you did fine. You definitely held yourself in better than I could have managed to do.
  • akwagner25
    akwagner25 Posts: 62
    Options
    I would have sat there for a second just staring at her, my jaw near the ground. But being the quick one I am, I would have spouted something out like "Shut up you drunk *****. Skinny don't fix ugly!!"

LOVE IT!!
  • Cat52169
    Cat52169 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I think I would have laughed and said OK. My kids would have probably laughed too. It probably would have hurt me on the inside but I would not have given her the satisfaction of upsetting me. Had she kept on I would have let someone know and had her @ss thrown out. I hate drunk people. I hate mean people. I hate stupid people. Mostly I hate stupid mean drunks.

Breathe momma you did good:flowerforyou:
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options

Same here. I also had no idea what a Funyuns was and had to google. First off I'm sorry this happened to you, no one deserves that! Honestly I would leave the Funyun snacking for at home. Because while this idiot said it out loud, you have no idea how many other people are thinking it.

Oh no!!! :noway: I don't agree with 'leaving the funyan snacking at home' because of what people are thinking or saying... Who gives a HOOT what people are thinking or saying??? The OP has EVERY right to eat whatever she wishes at the beach or anywhere. People need not 'hide' what they do from people that have steriotypes against over weight people. People eat. It's not always the healthiest choices...but it's their choice just the same.
  • pittskaa
    pittskaa Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    people are disgustingly rude. I would have just moved or told her to shut up haha.
  • pittskaa
    pittskaa Posts: 319 Member
    Options

LOL thisssss
  • jennaryan1205
    jennaryan1205 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have to say, you handled it a lot better than I would have. Way to stay classy and set a prime example for your children, They're lucky to have you as a mommy!
  • jennaryan1205
    jennaryan1205 Posts: 43 Member
    Options

^^^^^THIS!!!!!
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I would have dug through my bag for a half-Funyun shaped like a smile and put it to my own mouth, holding it in place with my lips. Then I'd have just stared at her with my Funyun smile on my face until she left.

EDIT: NO WAIT I'D HAVE DONE THIS
    2469923760_698c0a9195.jpg
    and reminded her that I am a classy lady

Then again, when I'm around kids I tend to get a little silly and childish myself, so your method was definitely more mature.
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    I would have dug through my bag for a half-Funyun shaped like a smile and put it to my own mouth, holding it in place with my lips. Then I'd have just stared at her with my Funyun smile on my face until she left.

Then again, when I'm around kids I tend to get a little silly and childish myself, so your method was definitely more mature.

SPECTACULAR!!!:laugh:
  • akwagner25
    Options

Awesome!
  • akwagner25
    Options

Same here. I also had no idea what a Funyuns was and had to google. First off I'm sorry this happened to you, no one deserves that! Honestly I would leave the Funyun snacking for at home. Because while this idiot said it out loud, you have no idea how many other people are thinking it.

Oh no!!! :noway: I don't agree with 'leaving the funyan snacking at home' because of what people are thinking or saying... Who gives a HOOT what people are thinking or saying??? The OP has EVERY right to eat whatever she wishes at the beach or anywhere. People need not 'hide' what they do from people that have steriotypes against over weight people. People eat. It's not always the healthiest choices...but it's their choice just the same.

Well said!!
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    You totally did the right thing. Its sad that she felt it necessary to 1 comment on something she really has no right to do, and to 2 be so drunk and disorderly in front of children no less. People like that irritate me. A friend of mine recently commented on something i ate the other day and I knew I had opened myself up to it because I've been so open about my lifestyle change, but i realized at that point that people are going to judge, no matter what. Its up to us to be adult about it, suck it up, let it go, and move on.
  • akwagner25
    Options
    Thank you for all the positive comments especially loving the comedic posts. They gave me several laughs today and made me feel better! :happy:
  • Pimpmonkey
    Pimpmonkey Posts: 566
    Options
    You are such a lady! That is awesome. I don't have the self control that you have. I would have slapped the **** out of her!

Exactly! I think you did an amazing job, and I know that I do not possess the same self control!