Running w/ P90X (Lean Version)

Options
ishapeme
ishapeme Posts: 213 Member
Hi all,

This week I have start P90X the lean version along with training for my half-marathon which is in October (running around 27 miles a week). I was wondering if anyone else is doing (or has done) a similar work out plan and had some suggestions or would like to track progress with me. Overall, I have about 13 pounds I want to lose to reach 135 at 5'8. I look forward to hear some responses!

THANKS!

Replies

• contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    P90X is an all inclusive plan that was not meant to be combined with other forms of exercise. It is very likely you will hit overtraining, risking injury or stunting results, if you stack other workouts on top of the P90X schedule. If you're looking for a plan that allows you to add in your own cardio, do GSP Rushfit.
  • DreadRunner
    Options
    I tried to do it and I got burned out. I ended up dropping the P90X to focus on training for the marathon that I did last October.

I'm currently trying to figure out different options with running as my main form of exercise and including some upper body workouts, yoga, and possibly biking to compliment my running instead of the other way around. I feel that if your main goal is to run than your main focus should be to run. Everything else should be to make you a better runner. As a runner you do need to do some upper body workouts, core, stretching (yoga), and some cross training for your legs. I haven't worked out all of the kinks yet as I have a workout day that I haven't been satisfied with what I've tried so far. Add me if you'd like to get some ideas of what I'm doing.

Again, I wouldn't try to train for a half marathon AND do P90X.
  • Zombierawr
    Zombierawr Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I did it with tennis and running three times a week and was just fine, sans getting pneumonia (not related.) Although if you are running, I would suggest doing the classic, not the lean. It is so much cardio on top of running.