The Good, Bad, & Ugly Shakeology Report (IMHO)

2»

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    A lot of people start out with a half of a scoop as a whole scoop is TOO much at first. And yeah, you have to play around with the recipes to get it just right. Almond milk instead of regular milk. Add some PB2, add a banana, blend with ice, etc.

I feel bad that some people think it's a "gimmick". It's an amazing product that doesn't compare nutrition-wise to anything else on the market.

Way to make things up
  • KCoolBeanz
    KCoolBeanz Posts: 813 Member
    See that is a common supplement ploy, they list a ton of ingredients, which most are just filler and put in very very small amounts so they can list them on the label but people will likely derive no benefit from the majority of the ingredients because they added in in teeny amounts.

This

I still don't get the appeal of a "meal replacement"

I'll make myself a smoothie with a scoop of protein powder over the weekend for lunch or something, if I'm feeling lazy and don't want to make anything (I find them quite filling), but that's about it.

It's a lot less work for me to microwave a chicken breast I've already grilled than to make a shake and clean up after myself.........

To each their own!
  • missprincessgina
    missprincessgina Posts: 446 Member
    I love the Body by Vi sweet cream protein powder. It's the first protein powder that I actually enjoy the taste of. I normally add 1/2 C almond/coconut milk, 1/2 banana, and a handful of blueberries and/or strawberries. I'm getting fruit, milk, and protein!
  • I would love a shake/smoothie to make but I have no idea what to put in it and am so scared of some of the products out there (bad ingredients in them etc). I'd love to have one I could have to replace just one meal (lunch probably)...any tips? I don't want any bad chemical/drugs in it...that scares me...thanks!
  • carolemack
    carolemack Posts: 1,276 Member
    I would love a shake/smoothie to make but I have no idea what to put in it and am so scared of some of the products out there (bad ingredients in them etc). I'd love to have one I could have to replace just one meal (lunch probably)...any tips? I don't want any bad chemical/drugs in it...that scares me...thanks!

I use Promasil protein powder...I put 6 ounces of 2% milk, 1 scoop of the protein powder, add a cup of sliced frozen strawberries, mix it up with my magic bullet, voila... it makes a delicious strawberry shake. I love it. My grandson loves it with blueberries.
  • JustAGirlyGeek
    JustAGirlyGeek Posts: 149 Member
    I got headaches from the stuff. Took me a few weeks to figure out what was causing them but I was able to return my second bag for a full refund. Works well for most people that take it but just wasn't for me. It was too costly as well, even with my coach discount. I use the 1st step whey protein now and haven't had any issues. I typically have it for breakfast since I've been working out in the mornings before work. Even got it buy 1 get 1/2 off at Walgreens today plus used a $2 coupon!