Replies

• christamt
    christamt Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    and perhaps not poo so much?
  • Geminieve24
    Geminieve24 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    If they can't take time to look through threads or spend 10 seconds clicking on search but have the time to log on and type the question. Slight contradiction, don't you think?

It also takes about ten second to nicely reply with some feedback. Who cares if this topic has been posted before. If you really think about it, Every post on here has been talked about at some point or another. So does that mean no more new posts???

There are other things to worry about :)
  • NaturalinCO
    NaturalinCO Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    If they can't take time to look through threads or spend 10 seconds clicking on search but have the time to log on and type the question. Slight contradiction, don't you think?

It also takes about ten second to nicely reply with some feedback. Who cares if this topic has been posted before. If you really think about it, Every post on here has been talked about at some point or another. So does that mean no more new posts???

There are other things to worry about :)

Exactly.
  • Geminieve24
    Geminieve24 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking regular or skim milk? I don't drink milk at all; I would add water or use almond milk.
    But that's just me.

How many grams of protein are you averaging a day?.
  • Easywider
    Easywider Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Blasphemous thread title. Ignored OP entirely.
  • evilpixiegrrr
    Options
    I go over in my protein almost daily and it hasn't been a problem at all. Just as some of the others said, it fills you up, just stick to lean proteins and you'll be fine. :)
  • RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    For men it can cause gout to have too much protein like my poor hubby, but women don't usually have problem. When you eat more protein than you need it can give you kidney stones. Do you have a history of them? The kidney has to work harder when overloaded with protein all the time.

I usually end up about 5-10% over on the protein, and 5-10% lower on the carb, about right on the fat.

The bad thing would be to fill up on protein and never eat any fruits and vegetables. You need to strive for five. . . to be truly healthy. Once you do that, it usually puts things in balance on the protein and carb side.

Ruth
  • Halfangel
    Halfangel Posts: 49
    Options

And everyday, new people want to start their new life and don`t always take time to look through threads. Encouragement does not take a lot of typing. If you don`t want to type then don`t ...it is simple logic

^this
  • LexyDB
    LexyDB Posts: 261
    Options
    ****STAFF NOTE***** We highly encourage our users to ask repeat questions as they help to promote and foster new relationships and introduce people to our forums. Please respect their right to do so.
  • noparties4me
    Options
    Unless you have a use for the extra protein, try to keep it as close to 15% of your total caloric intake as possible. Excess will be converted to either glucose or fat and stored in the body during which conversion process, the excessive nitrogen will put a strain on your kidneys which could lead to long-term issues. The general rule of thumb is 1 gram of protein per kg of body weight unless, of course, you're doing lots of anaerobic exercise when even then it's maxed around 1.5 grams per kg of body weight. The body is incapable of converting amino acids into protein beyond those ratios.

I have a bachelors in nutrition. I hope this helps.
  • uglyhobo
    uglyhobo Posts: 108 Member
    Options
  • uglyhobo
    Options
    She did warn me to space my protein out through the day and not eat it all at one meal because the body would only use so much at a time and would turn the unused portion to fat.

Your nutritionist is a broscientist.
    http://www.wannabebig.com/diet-and-nutrition/is-there-a-limit-to-how-much-protein-the-body-can-use-in-a-single-meal/
  • uglyhobo
    Options
    Eat more protein.

Take your bodyweight in pounds,[2] [3] [4] [5][7] that’s how many grams of high-quality [6] [7] protein you want to eat every day, at least (e.g. if you weigh 150lbs, eat 150g of protein each day). These are the reasons why you want to eat more protein:

It helps you lose fat.[8] [9]
    It helps you build muscle.[10]
    It fills you up so you’re less hungry, moreso than pretty much anything else you could eat.[8] [9] [10]
    It supports lean body mass (muscle) over flabby and unhealthy body mass (fat), making you lose more fat and less muscle on a diet.[11] [12]
    It will make you recover better from all kinds of exercise,[13] and decreases soreness.[14]
    It helps keep off weight lost, combatting the yoyo diet effect.[15]
    It is neither carbs[16] (which can give some people blood sugar/insulin problems[17] ) or fat[18] (which can do just the same, interestingly enough[19] ); and they use more energy to process than these two, so of all the choices, they are just the most diet friendly.[20]

Your aunts crazy ramblings about such amounts of protein being unhealthy are just that, rumors [21] [22] [23][24][25]. And so is the idea that the body would somehow waste protein (pee out chicken breast or what?) if you eat more than 30g per meal.[26] There is no empirical evidence for any of that stuff being true.[27] You can easily eat more than 300, 400g of protein per day, and while it might even help,[28] it is not needed. These 100, 200 or more grams of protein will seem like a lot, especially since I said they should be of high quality - that means pretty much that it should be something like muscle (meats), egg, milk protein (animal sources - most plant sources of protein are pretty bad [29] [30] ); so here’s some tips on how to hit that goal: for every meal, start with a protein base before you add other ingredients. A protein base can be anything that is mostly protein (usually, about 20g protein and less than 100 kcal per 100g - read labels), like:
    -Fish (tuna canned in water, or salmon, are favorites, but most fish is pretty good. Fatty fish is perfect!)
    -Poultry (frozen skinless boneless fat free chicken breast, turkey breast, some deli)
    -Lean red meat (steak can be a good choice)
    -Fat free low sugar dairy (no-fat cheese, cottage cheese, cottage/quark cheese, protein powder - not some magical drug, it’s - basically dry skim sugar free milk)
    -Egg whites (1 yolk for taste)

Variety can't hurt with protein sources, so eat poultry one day and fish the next day if you like.
    If you’re overweight/wanting to lose fat, try to make meals that have about 10g protein per 100 kcal, or better. If however you can allow more calories because you are trying to build muscle, consider:

Fatty meats (Thighs instead of breasts, non-lean cuts of steak, etc)
    Plenty of whole eggs (No, the yolks aren't bad)
    Tofu
    Most dairy (especially cheese, plain yoghurt, cottage cheese, and whole milk)
    If you get a few less than (lb*grams/2*kg*grams), that won’t kill you; but getting more than that number is only going to help.
    Many diets will deal with percentages/”macronutrient ratios”.[31] Your body doesn't care about ratios, it cares how much protein you are getting irrespectively of total calories.[32] [33

edit: will post any of the citations here that anybody wants or questions