How long are your average workouts?

Options

Replies

• galaxiegal
    galaxiegal Posts: 90
    Options
    I use my Wii... Its too hot where I am to go outside and I cant afford a gym. I usually work out on EA Sports Active 2 (totally recommend to anyone with a Wii :happy: ) It has different exercises I do, from cardio to workouts with resistance bands to plain old pushups and situps and it keeps track of calories burned + heart rate. I do this for about 30 mins. 10-15 mins of lower body and 10-15 mins of cardio on one day and then 10-15 mins of upper body and 10-15 mins of core workouts the next. I occasionally mix up the week with dancing for an hour. so far I am 14 lbs down (month and 1/2)
  • galaxiegal
    galaxiegal Posts: 90
    Options
    Strength before cardio, you say? I shall try this!

From what I have experienced, he was right. After a bout of cardio the last thing I wanna do is strength training! So I always do that first.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    Weights - Depending on what I'm doing - 40-60 mins.

Running - depending on how many miles - 25-50 mins.

HIIT - 15-20 mins.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options

HIIT - 15-20 mins.

Also - this is not all in one day.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    30 min. cardio. 3x a week I run (I have to get back into that) and the other two days I do the arc trainer. This is followed by 75 - 90 minutes of lifting, depending what I'm doing. Squat days are longer than the regular weight days.
  • kaydensmom12
    kaydensmom12 Posts: 338
    Options
    45min-1 hr 3x/wk

Do 35-45 minutes of weight lifting, and then 10-20 minutes of cardio.
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options

HIIT - 15-20 mins.

^^^^^This is a ditto for me. Alternating between a cardio/HIIT day and strength day for 6 days a week.
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    45 min bootcamp twice a week
    +
    1hr biking twice a week (go to and from the bootcamp classes)
    +
    1hr walking the dogs every day
  • Living4Liz2012
    Options
    I do cardio 5-7 days a week
    I do strength training 3-4 days a week
    Depends on how I feel 30-120 minutes a day

I love to exercise, but I listen to my body and take breaks when needed....everyone is different:)
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    1 to 1.5 hours... I alternate strength training days with running days but on the days I do strength training, I still add in some treadmill walking, plus my daily dog walk!
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    60-90 minutes. I usually lift for 20-30 minutes and do cardio for 45-60 minutes, 5-6x/week.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    AM: 1-3 hours depending on the workout, Run 3x per week, bike 2x
    PM: 45 minutes, strength training
    Evening: Yoga or Tai Chi, about 45 minutes 2-3x per week
    I work out 6-7 days a week.

That said - I am also in the middle of my race training cycle and don't do this year round, I only do doubles when race training. If not, it's about 45 minutes to 1 hour 5 days a week.
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Typically it goes

Tuesday 30-45 minutes cardio (stairs and/or ellyptical)

Wed 30-45 minutes cardio (same as above) and 1 hour body pump (full body weight class 5 minutes each body part)

Thursday 1 hour of spin and sometimes alittle stairs before or after too

Saturday 20-30 minutes of cardio (same as above) 1 hour of body pump and 1 hour of Zumba
  • Kayla4U
    Kayla4U Posts: 73
    Options
    How long ?

That all depends on him.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    60-120 minutes
    Either Swim, Bike, or Run
  • Discoveri
    Discoveri Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Anywhere from an hour to two hours 5-6 days a week. I do different things everyday as I find that I get really bored really easy. Right now I am doing C25K, Boot camp and Racquetball. I do slow walks on rest days.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    40 minutes of lifting more or less
    20-30 minutes of cardio after

You should do strength training before cardio; you don't need to warm up beyond doing one set at say 50-75% of your max weight before your working weight. Cardio prior just fatigues you needlessly.

Agreed - you're just burning glycogen at the start of your workouts. http://www.shapeyou.com/old/weights_first.html

I do my strength training first, 20-40 minutes depending on how long I can be away at lunch, then 20-30 minutes of cardio.
  • wolfi622
    wolfi622 Posts: 206
    Options
    40 minutes of lifting more or less
    20-30 minutes of cardio after

You should do strength training before cardio; you don't need to warm up beyond doing one set at say 50-75% of your max weight before your working weight. Cardio prior just fatigues you needlessly.

This roughly what I do - though the cardio is almost always 30 minutes - I try to do a 5K every day, basically - or HIIT for 30 minutes.
  • mevalentina
    mevalentina Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Cardio for at least 45 minutes, I lift for about 30, and do some kind of ab work...
  • LovelyLibra79
    LovelyLibra79 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    60-90 mins 6 x weekly