Replies

• Perfectdiamonds1
    Perfectdiamonds1 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    bump to read later
  • MsAziz
    MsAziz Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    AMEN to that...been trying this diet for a couple of weeks and i've lost 11lbs so far :)
  • LaJaunaF
    LaJaunaF Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    AMEN to that...been trying this diet for a couple of weeks and i've lost 11lbs so far :)

I find it is the easiest way to eat for life. The problem is that there is so much junk food in our path that will derail us and send us back to the starting line! Taubes isn't just a reporter, he lives the low carb lifestyle and is a healthy member of the low carb community!
  • All_is_well_1959
    Options
    Utterly depressing reading. :angry:
  • julslea
    julslea Posts: 436 Member
    Options

I've been doing lower carb for 2 weeks and have lost 10lbs!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    The usual garbage from Taubes
  • kristi321
    kristi321 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Our bodies were not designed to consume high quantities of sugar and handle the levels of stress we encounter in our technologically advanced culture. Carbohydrates are not evil.

The real cause: too much food, lack of exercise and messed up hormones.
  • MissMiley
    MissMiley Posts: 49
    Options
    Interesting! Thanks for sharing!!
  • LesterBlackstone
    LesterBlackstone Posts: 291 Member
    Options

Yep
  • KetoBella
    KetoBella Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting.
  • MooMooooo
    MooMooooo Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    You know what I reckon makes us fat?

Food.

Not even the 'wrong kind' of food - just food.

I think our whole society is geared towards making us want food, I think there are too many ads on tv for food, too many billboards advertising food, too many sports events sponsered by food companies. Ad infinitum.

And too many news articles avoiding this issue, instead they focus on 'white noise' and confusing notions. (Because 'big food' absolutely owns us)
  • nannabannana
    nannabannana Posts: 787
    Options
    Tks for sharing.:)
  • heatgal976
    heatgal976 Posts: 53 Member
    Options

Food.

I think our whole society is geared towards making us want food, I think there are too many ads on tv for food, too many billboards advertising food, too many sports events sponsered by food companies. Ad infinitum.

And too many news articles avoiding this issue, instead they focus on 'white noise' and confusing notions. (Because 'big food' absolutely owns us)

^^ So agree with this post.

Coming from an Asian background, I do not believe that a lower carb diet is always the way to go. Everyone is different and low carb works for many individuals, but my mother, brother, and sister were born in Asia and they have been slim my entire life and they eat loads of "bad" carbs(aka white rice). The difference is that they don't consume processed foods like chips, deserts, packaged foods, etc... My mother has always cooked from scratch. I was born here with a father that only ate typical American processed foods(tv dinners, fast foods, boxed stuff), so I developed very bad eating habits. Everywhere you turn there is a fast food joint or someone selling junk food.
    Moderation with the aim towards quality foods is what I believe is the best "diet".
  • taxidermist15
    taxidermist15 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    sitting on our bums and eating food makes us fat
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    In other words, carbohydrates are fattening, and obesity is a fat-storage defect. What matters, then, is the quantity and quality of carbohydrates we consume and their effect on insulin.

I have been saying this for YEARS
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    In other words, carbohydrates are fattening, and obesity is a fat-storage defect. What matters, then, is the quantity and quality of carbohydrates we consume and their effect on insulin.

I have been saying this for YEARS

So you've been living in a fantasy world for years where the bold is true?
  • carld256
    carld256 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I stopped reading at "By GARY TAUBES".
  • toysbigkid
    toysbigkid Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    bump
  • LaJaunaF
    Options

Just because you choose to eat low calorie compared to low carb doesn't make him a quack. There are millions of good studies over the past 30 years that tell us that eating lower carb keeps you healthier and less likely to get the diseases associated with being fat. If it helps people why are you such a hater?
  • LaJaunaF
    Options

Food.

^^ So agree with this post.

Coming from an Asian background, I do not believe that a lower carb diet is always the way to go. Everyone is different and low carb works for many individuals, but my mother, brother, and sister were born in Asia and they have been slim my entire life and they eat loads of "bad" carbs(aka white rice). The difference is that they don't consume processed foods like chips, deserts, packaged foods, etc... My mother has always cooked from scratch. I was born here with a father that only ate typical American processed foods(tv dinners, fast foods, boxed stuff), so I developed very bad eating habits. Everywhere you turn there is a fast food joint or someone selling junk food.
    Moderation with the aim towards quality foods is what I believe is the best "diet".

I couldn't agree with you more. The problem is most people who are obese have a broken metabolism from eating those garbage filled meals for so long. The solution for many is low carb eating. It corrects the broken metabolism for many.