Egg Whites, Egg Beaters or Eggs?

Options
1235»

Replies

• cjh03
    cjh03 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Depends on what I'm in the mood for. I mostly eat egg whites, but sometimes I don't mind the whole egg. I also like to eat hard boiled eggs, they're a tasty snack!
  • bewitchinglife
    bewitchinglife Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Good old farm fresh eggs. Everything else in uncivilized. :happy:
  • xxmzangel
    xxmzangel Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Definitely the whole egg, the yolk is my favourite part, I don't know if I could give it up. I usually have two everyday, and actually, I'm eating them right now. :smile:
  • maryjaquiss
    maryjaquiss Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Real eggs, whole. I don't see the point of just eating egg white - that's the worst bit! And Egg Beaters - not sure we even have this in the UK but it sounds weird :tongue:
  • MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Eggs
  • sofia0586
    sofia0586 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    i usually mix 1 egg with liquid egg whites for low cal / high protein.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Eggs...including yolks. It doesn't take many eggs to be full. Plus, you get plenty of nutrients this way too. 2 large eggs is around 180 calories and served with a lean meat, like turkey bacon or chicken sausage, its pretty healthy, low cal meal. Plus, you get lots of protein which helps keep you full.
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I eat egg whites, unless they are fried egg. I eat those whole.
  • ctooch99
    ctooch99 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Real eggs, whole. I don't see the point of just eating egg white - that's the worst bit! And Egg Beaters - not sure we even have this in the UK but it sounds weird :tongue:

I still don't understand all the weird comments on Egg Beaters - I posted the actual ingredients right from the label earlier in this thread - all they simply are is Vitamin Fortified Egg whites - if you go to Whole foods and buy the original, natural Egg Beaters that is all they are.

<---- confused?
  • 916lude
    916lude Posts: 305
    Options
    Whole eggs.
  • AnitaVolpato
    AnitaVolpato Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I only eat egg beaters for breakfast. I don't eat whole eggs anymore unless there is a dish that I have eaten made with egg's. My .02....LOL
  • amybg1
    amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I do eggs mainly but if a recipe calls for egg whites, I'll use from the actual egg and NEVER buy egg beaters
  • kellyallday
    kellyallday Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I really like the whites, will eat whole eggs too, and personally don't like the taste of Beaters, but they'll do in a pinch. As a matter of fact I mix a drink with liquid egg whites almost daily. This particular brand is tasteless and not slimey, so you can make a drink with it: cold coffee, crystal lite, it all works. Sounds crazy, I know. I thought the same until I tried it. Check it out:

http://www.eggwhitesint.com/healthfacts.htm
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    The whole egg unless a recipe calls for just the whites or just the yolks. I don't like the taste of Egg Beaters either.
  • MoveTheMountain
    Options
    I LOVE whole eggs, but I limit them to maybe twice a week - controlling the fat, not the cholesterol. I just don't want that much fat all the time. On most days I use Egg Beaters Egg Whites to make omelets - fantastic. After a while, you really don't miss the yoke.

I tried Egg Beaters (the original, yellow), but after a while, the taste sorta wore on me. And they really don't act like real eggs.

For cooking in recipes, I use whole eggs most of the time. It's only when I'm scarfing down 3 of them that I care about getting in to much fat.