If you had $1000 to spend on fitness, what would you do?

Options

Replies

• BananaCat83
    BananaCat83 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I get $200 reimbursed each year and I use it to cover my gym membership. It covers about 5 months worth of dues!
  • inside_lap
    inside_lap Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Since you have all that great equitment already, maybe a nutritionist or a personal trainer to jump start your goals?
  • Vonwarr
    Vonwarr Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Wow lots of replies! Some of these are great ideas in general, and some are really good ideas for me specifically. Thanks!

Unfortunately, neither partying nor traveling are allowed... :(
  • Easywider
    Easywider Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Chalk? ...Maybe a couple tanks because it's been brutal the past few days... And as many 10lb bags of isolate as I can get with the rest.
  • ctooch99
    ctooch99 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I currently do P90X - with an extra $1000 I would just make the "perfect" P90X room - A heavy duty pull up rack instead of a door bar - a set of really nice dumbells and maybe a bit bigger of a TV. I probably would grab a nice floor base punching bag to as I incorporate boxing and kung fu in my workouts too.
  • 40Marbles
    40Marbles Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    A couple pairs of running shoes, kettlebells and clubbells. Maybe a session or two with an RKC kettlebell trainer.
  • SalishSea
    SalishSea Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    How wonderful your company has this in your package. What a good idea.

I see my place of employment pales I'm comparison. We barely get paid!
  • MizzDoc
    MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Personal trainer (for 3- 6 months) and a top of the line HRM.
    If there was money left over, then I would spend it on new running shoes and revamped workout gear.

Ahh to dream :smile:
  • fhsjewfro
    fhsjewfro Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    i'd find a hard core gym and buy a membership for as long as i can with the $1000
  • Metal_Viking
    Options
    If I had the space I'd get a treadclimber
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I could spend that on races (half marathons and marathons aren't cheap!) and running shoes! I want 90x too!
  • MooMooooo
    MooMooooo Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    My current best fitness equipment is my smartphone.

I use mcp app on it.

If I had a free $1000 to spend I personally, would get

* Some pretty workout clothes.
    * Expensive (and pretty) running shoes. lol.
    * Zombies Run! app (for iphone)
    * New earbuds for iphone.
    * Arnold Schwarzeneggers body building encyclopedia
    * With the money left over I would try out a bunch of new activities and sports, high ropes, skiing, rowing - anything new.

Good luck with your decision!
  • weightlossloser13
    Options
    Get a personal trainer. My gym offers a package of 10 sessions for $400. I would buy two of those, and some new gym clothes and shoes if I have $1000 extra laying around. And then I'd use the trainer 3 or 4 times a week, since I'd have 20 sessions and having a trainer basically there to *make* me workout that often (which is how often is required to actually lose weight) over the space of 1-3 months could be quite helpful!
  • HVoyager
    HVoyager Posts: 13
    Options
    Here are a few ideas:

- hire a personal trainer
    - set up sessions with a nutritionist
    - get involved in a sport and use the money to purchase proper equipment and supplies (i. e. hiking, swimming, golfing, rock climbing, etc.)

As long as the money can be used in those ways, those are the kinds of things I might choose. That's a great benefit! Best of luck to you!!
  • cordianet
    cordianet Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I don't think I'd spend it on traditional "fitness" gear at all. I'd be more likely to focus on sporting goods to have fun and stay active. examples might be: a kayak, inline skates, backpacking gear, scuba gear and lessons, a volleyball net, MMA gear, a snowboard, etc.
  • 13inchestogo
    13inchestogo Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    You have so many great tools !!! Wow!!!

Personally I would hire a personal trainer, they kick your butt!!! And teach you great techniques :)
  • msstuard
    msstuard Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I used the fit bit and loved it until I lost it. Its A Top Rate Pedometer and it syncs with MFP. $100
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    i'd buy a few appointments with a nutritionist. then perhaps you can buy a bicycle with the leftover money.

good luck...let us know what you decide.
  • Maridar
    Maridar Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'd buy a few good full body massages for sure:) in a good sports clinic.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    If I had a bigger apartment, I'd put the money towards a concept 2 rower. Otherwise? I'd possible upgrade to the fancy gym I am too cheap to join. Or get a few trainer sessions. Or a lot. With a specific goal in mind.