Defeated

Options
13»

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I love all of your comments and they're ALL helpful. I'm not happy and I'm medicating with food, the only person who can change that is ME. I like the meal plan idea and the me time that is not related to my family ( I do feel guilty saying that still) or food.

Thanks again everyone, I really needed to see that life isn't this huge 'poor me' I'm fat scenario. I believe support comes in many ways from 'great job' to 'suck it up whinny and get at it'.

Sorry if this has been asked already. How old is your baby? Have you spoken to your health care provider about how you're feeling? I'm not a doctor (but I've seen this first hand), it sounds to me like you could be suffering post-partum depression.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Sometimes toddlers need time alone too. Put him in his crib for a little while when he decides to scream. You'll be amazed at how quickly it stops. Plus you get the added bonus of a break! (Sorry...you probably weren't looking for parenting advice....)

Also think about it this way..you feel like things are out of control, so you're eating out of comfort. Well your eating and exercising is something you CAN control! It'll add that stability to your life when other things are chaotic!
  • EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Sorry if this has been asked already. How old is your baby? Have you spoken to your health care provider about how you're feeling? I'm not a doctor (but I've seen this first hand), it sounds to me like you could be suffering post-partum depression.
    She answered on the first page. The baby is 18-months old and in his "tantrum" phase. Before that, she was fine and lost weight. Now that he's in this phase (that would drive anyone crazy), it's harder to keep her chin up.

Personally, I can't blame her. Tantrums are one of the #1 reasons I don't want kids. ;)