Who are you? A Trekie, or a Whovie. The ultimate debate.

Options

Replies

• BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    The Doctor always had the cutest companions. I had a crush on Sarah Jane, Romana (I was happy but heartbroken when she married Tom Baker.) and Leela! Rawr!!!
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I started watching Dr Who way back in the dark ages (1971) and Tom Baker is 'my' Dr. Star Treck was fun, but Dr Who had the best monsters.:laugh:

But no love here for Babylon5?
  • Mctree20
    Mctree20 Posts: 137
    Options
    Tom Baker will always be Dr Who for me.

But definitely Red Dwarf FTW!!
  • Loopylu84
    Loopylu84 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    So totally both, every series of star trek since I was little and doctor who since it came back on a few years ago.
    I'm such a geek :)
  • peles_fire
    peles_fire Posts: 501
    Options
    Neither, I am a Jedi like my father...
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    No love for Stargate?

No. LOL
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    tennant fangirl!
    i make all my friends watch doctor who. if they don't like it.. then we don't stay friends ;)
    i'd like matt smith more if he didn't look similar to my ex.. they even act the same. it's mildly annoying.
    baker is so wonky, it's amusing.

never even watched star trek.

i like star wars, firefly, and bsg too.
  • tonybreyal
    tonybreyal Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sylvester McCoy (soon to be seen playing Radagast the Brown in The Hobbit) was my Doctor when I was a kid of 3 or 4 years old and still is to a certain degree. Second place goes to Tennant.
  • livingrose
    livingrose Posts: 16
    Options
    Oh, both!

Star Trek was the only program my family could watch together when I was a kid (my dad worked away a lot and when he was home, he'd just want to watch football and mum was all about detective programs) and I have fond memories of getting up early on a Saturday morning and watching Dr Who with my mum while I ate my cereal.

It's no surprise I grew up to be a sci-fi geek. Christopher Eccleston will always be my Doctor, but there is something deliciously dark about David Tennant's Doctor.

As for the modern Star Trek reboot, I love it and not just for the fact that Karl Urban (swoon!) is a wonderful Dr McCoy.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Considering I've never heard of Dr.Who.. It has to be Star Trek.

I watched TNG and Voyager.. Some deep space 9 and none of the new episodes.

Love the movies too.. and loved Warf/Data!
  • BaileyKat52
    BaileyKat52 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Total Trekkie! I watched TNG religiously when it was on. Captain Jean Luc Picard was alway s my favorite :smile: . I even have moviepilot.com on Facebook set up to send me automatic updates for any information on the new "as yet untitled" Star Trek movie. Apparently, to some of my friends this makes me a dirty big geek LOL. But I don't care!

Let your Trekkie flag fly I say! :tongue:
  • tappae
    tappae Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    No love for Stargate?

I nerd out on some Stargate

I don't want to alarm you, but there seems to be something on your shoulder!

Oh, and I love Stargate (until it got invaded by Farscape).
  • tappae
    tappae Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Sylvester McCoy (soon to be seen playing Radagast the Brown in The Hobbit) was my Doctor when I was a kid of 3 or 4 years old and still is to a certain degree. Second place goes to Tennant.

When was Radagast in the Hobbit? I'm re-reading it right now and he was mentioned at Beorn's house, but I don't remember him ever showing up. He was in LOTR, but I don't think he made the movie, did he?
  • ElyseL1
    ElyseL1 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Captain Piccard can "make it so" any day. :wink: :bigsmile:

Ditto
  • lmiedema
    lmiedema Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Captain Piccard can "make it so" any day. :wink: :bigsmile:

So true... so true....
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    Oh, you young things! Jon Pertwee is my Doctor. Star Trek:The Original Series is my Star Trek series (never really got into the others although I liked the latest film).

I suppose I'm more of a Trekkie than a (what was it?) Whoovie? because I've loved Star Trek:TOS all the way through from childhood, whereas Dr Who I watched religiously as a child but got bored as I grew up and only really came back to it when it started up again a few years ago. Old Dr Who really wasn't that great sometimes and I'm not terribly interested in repeats whereas I'd happily watch old ST:TOS episodes.
  • wasveganvictoria88
    wasveganvictoria88 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    STAR TREK is so so so so so much better than Dr. Who.
  • indisguise
    indisguise Posts: 235
    Options
    I'm both! I'm a big sci fi nerd. I started watching Dr. Who when Tom Baker was the Doctor, but I also have a fondness for Dave Tennant and Chris Eccleston. I was watching Star Trek when Kirk was the captain but I really loved The Next Generation and Picard. I also like Voyager but I didn't get into Deep Space Nine as much.
  • RilantheFirebug
    RilantheFirebug Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Star Wars! <3
  • ravennyx
    ravennyx Posts: 40
    Options
    Doctor Who? Nope I'm a total Trekie fan Started watching Star Trek when 'James T. Kirk' was the Captain
    I still can't decide if My Favorite of the TV Star Trek Series is The Next Generation or Voyager... Star Trek Nemisis is definatly my Favorite Movie. Spock and Data are my Favorite Good Guys. Not so Good Loves, Shinzon and the Borg. As far as Doctors go my Doctor is the Halogram Doctor on the Voyager :)