How often does everyone weigh in?

Options
124»

Replies

• CathEsh
    CathEsh Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Saturday is my check-in day. I weigh myself twice on these days and take the lowest weight. (Obsessive, I know!) I weigh first thing in the morning after using the bathroom then again after I've showered. I always weigh 1 pound less after I shower! Why is that??? I know I'm not washing off one pound of dirt!

I know. This is so freaky. I never understand why. I may go to Google for help on this one. :) But if you figure this out, could you drop me a line? I'd love to know :)

OK. I just found out the answer.. :) It actually makes sense.

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Chemistry-including-Biochemistry-1355/warm-objects-weigh.htm

Hey! Thanks for looking that up! It does make sense.
  • Bluejenn
    Bluejenn Posts: 20
    Options
    I weigh in every morning and hate to admit it but sometime again late afternoon or evening. I know I shouldn't, but just need to see those numbers. I understand that my weight will fluctuate throughout the day and week but I feel it helps to keep me on track.
  • CathEsh
    CathEsh Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    At first it was every day.
    Then I went to every 3 days.
    Next was once a week.
    Now just to keep tabs on myself.....once a month. Or if I feel a little "off" and want to make sure I did not mess up somewhere.
    8 months maintenance and no regain. I is a Happy Camper!!!!

Wow! Good for you! Way to go!
  • HorganMom3
    HorganMom3 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I "weigh in" once a week on my rest day. But my "weigh in" day also consists of pulling out that tape measure and measuring waist, hips, neck, chest, etc. I also figure out and note my BF%. Because what the scale doesn't tell you the others will!!
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    once a week
  • sa11yjane
    sa11yjane Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I used to obsessively weigh several times every day but it had such a negative effect on me, ie. if I hadn't lost weight I would get depressed and eat, if I had lost weight I would have a treat to congratulate myself! Now I weigh once a week which I think is probably about right.
  • jodyd61
    jodyd61 Posts: 10
    Options
    Thank you for that... last week I lost 2 lbs , that was my first week by the way... then I gained a pound...even thoug I was eating better and exercising...that was my question too... because I dont want to feel defeated by the scales... I am trying to be healthier and feel better... so that is what really counts and I must say I am feeling better...
  • ccpeterson74
    Options
    That's exactly what I do! :)
  • JeffInBuckeyeNation
    JeffInBuckeyeNation Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Once a day, always at the same time every day.

Your weight fluctuates throughout the day, can go up or down by 2-3 pounds depending on the time.

After my first couple of months I would skip a day here and there. Some days you just put on a little weight, and after your diet is well underway, that happens more often (but the overall weight keeps going in the right direction). So I would maybe weigh myself 4-5 times a week after that.
  • basillowe66
    basillowe66 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I do it religiously every Monday at the YMCA
  • tlnurse
    tlnurse Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I weigh mostly every day...but I only "count" it once weekly on the official weigh-in day (Thursdays) and that is what I record as I know there is so much fluctuation.:tongue:
  • ShawnaP22
    ShawnaP22 Posts: 31
    Options
    I weigh once a week unless I have gained weight. Then I'll weigh again in a couple of days to make sure the number on the scale is going down and not continuing to go up. Anything more and I become way too obsessive about it!
  • teenamai
    teenamai Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Every morning. Get up > toilet > scale. I don't obsess over the number, but I still want to know what it is.

Ditto!!
  • LoriRisk66
    LoriRisk66 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I go to a dietitian and she has me weigh in monthly. I have also been told I can weigh in at home once a week, on the same day of the week, wearing the same outfit or something of the same weight. (or naked, before you hit the shower).
  • xsabrinalynn
    xsabrinalynn Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Every morning. Get up > toilet > scale. I don't obsess over the number, but I still want to know what it is.

I do the same but only once a week! I've read on numerous sites that it's best first thing in the morning after you've used the restroom! You don't want to weigh in in the middle or end of the day since your weight will vary with food intake and water weight.
  • Zangpakto
    Zangpakto Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Saturday is my check-in day. I weigh myself twice on these days and take the lowest weight. (Obsessive, I know!) I weigh first thing in the morning after using the bathroom then again after I've showered. I always weigh 1 pound less after I shower! Why is that??? I know I'm not washing off one pound of dirt!

I know. This is so freaky. I never understand why. I may go to Google for help on this one. :) But if you figure this out, could you drop me a line? I'd love to know :)

OK. I just found out the answer.. :) It actually makes sense.

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Chemistry-including-Biochemistry-1355/warm-objects-weigh.htm

I weigh myself 3 times a day sometimes more I know... bad but still...

Anyway 3 times in morning after toilet to make sure no fluctuations, then after shower if didn't like first figure... I always used to think it was because all that dirt must be weighing me down... LOL

And kinda game that I got that I weigh in the night time after dinner, then guess my weight before bed, weigh before bed and guess what will be in morning.... very close and mostly right as well, I'm getting good at it lol....

Anyway yea, daily is my answer and reason for this is because it keeps me in check.. I do get upset, but only if it varies by a SIGNIFICANT amount say by 1 pound... then it is sad... If same or less than 1 then I'm like ok, it's down to water... I check colour of pee too before I weigh kind of a mental defence in case...

I know I am on right track if I see constantly going down, if I don't then I know something has changed and isn't working, so figure what that is, change it then continue my loss!

Best way I think... once a week ok I understand, but I see myself as I did at my heaviest... I don't see a difference unless I see pictures... So the scale to me is the only assurance I haven't actually magically ballooned up overnight again... I know it isn't going to happen, but when I don't see a difference in mirror, then you start wondering you know?