Got a funny look from hubby today at the grocery store

Options
13»

Replies

• Gapwedge01
    Gapwedge01 Posts: 494
    Options
    I don't consider what I am doing (using MFP) a "diet" to begin with. For me it is a lifestyle change. I want my weight loss to speak for me. If anyone asks I will just say I am watching how much I eat. I have failed so many times on "diets" that no one expects this change to last either. I will prove them wrong.
  • TheArmadillo
    TheArmadillo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I buy the food and I do the cooking.
    They all get to eat what I'm having heh heh heh (husband included). :devil:
    Otherwise he can shop and cook for himself and he can't cook like I can (kids are too small to cook for themselves).

I do cook good food though and stuff I know they'll like. And will often do a choice of side dishes (especially if I know one of them really hates something - hey we all hate some stuff).
  • Merithyn
    Merithyn Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Don't judge.

I'm sorry that you feel that I'm judging you. I'm merely offering you another way to look at it.
  • Fredrigo
    Fredrigo Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I don't keep it a secret that I count calories, prefer healthier options, and watch what I eat. Most of my friends and family are supportive. My grandmother's concept of nutrition is a bit outdated since she thinks a balanced meal is meat and potatoes but she's understanding when I decline one food for another.

My biggest detractor is my wife who wants me to be healthier but still makes me feel bad when she complains about how she's eating more than me. I've always been the overweight nutrition conscious eater though while she's been the junkfood loving marathon runner. She's under the impression I could lose weight if I just exercised more.

It's frustrating.