would you date someone significantly shorter than you?

Options

Replies

• Pomoch325
    Pomoch325 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    It worked for Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise....
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    It worked for Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise....

Not for very long...

And Kidman did make that comment about 'finally being allowed to wear heels'... :-)
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Definitely. I'd date a midget. :heart: :flowerforyou:

I dated a midget once.... I was nuts over her! :laugh:
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    I genuinely don't care if a woman is taller than me, (they have long legs, what's not to like?), but I do care if they have a thing about shorter men. It makes them superficial in my opinion. (I'm 5'10" so below average height).

Atticus, you're selling yourself short (so to speak) - the average british man is 176.8 cm (5' 9.6").
  • fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't b.c I'm 5'4...but if I was taller than average I would.
  • LeggyKettleBabe
    LeggyKettleBabe Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I would not because I am already self conscious of my height.
  • cheeksv
    cheeksv Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7 my fiance is 5'6 and it is a bit awkward but not too much. If he were any shorter I would never have dated him in the first place, but to me an inch is no big deal. One thing you do have to consider if you are sexual active is the sex. It can be difficult and not as enjoyable with such a height difference.
  • Killing_Perfection
    Killing_Perfection Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Height only matters little. As soon as you wear high heels most men are on eye-level or below (at least for me around 5'9''/5'8''), anyway....
    A head shorter than me? Two heads taller? If everything else fits, why should I give a flying F about height of all things?
  • itsafrappe
    itsafrappe Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    No..only because I am 5'2" and if he's shorter than mr..it's probably illegal ;)

hahahaha. kids are getting taller alot quicker these days. must be the hormones in beef.
  • LatinaButterfly
    LatinaButterfly Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and my husband is 5'7... if he was over 5'8... we wouldn't have gotten together. I've dated men shorter than me and it's been fine but anything over 5'8 turns me off. For me being interested in someone means liking the whole package and that includes height. :)
  • itsafrappe
    itsafrappe Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    im 6'4" and was married to a girl 5'1". i personally like shorter girls but dont think i could date a taller woman. then again ive never me a woman taller than me that didnt look manlier than me. if there any taller feminine women i suppose id try it
  • therottenrook
    Options
    I'm 6'2", so I usually date girls shorter than me. So, yeah, I would date someone significantly shorter than me.
  • Blackthorne99
    Blackthorne99 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm 4'11.5" so there aren't many guys who are shorter than me, but I have dated several who were more than a foot taller than me, and I can tell you that after a few awkward "how do we do this" kissing moments, we basically forgot about the height difference. One of them was 6'6" tall so he was literally 18 inches taller than me. (Standing on a bed works great *laugh* and so does leaning over)

Obviously the height difference doesn't bother him, and it sounds more like you're worried about what other people think (weird looks, etc) than you are about YOU think. The way to show that you are a strong independent woman is to make up your own mind about him, not based on hearsay, prejudice or bias, but based on what kind of a man he is.
  • AlmstHvn
    AlmstHvn Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I did in high school - I was 5'2" and he was 4'-something (dwarfism). He was absolutely HILARIOUS, saying things like he always had the best view of the girls in school, etc. (eye to boob!)

We definitely got weird looks and even some comments in the hallways of school, but who cared? Ronnie was an amazing kisser :)
  • moosetrap
    moosetrap Posts: 18
    Options
    At only 5'9", I've always been considered short. I guess I'm a little self-conscious about it. My first girlfriend was 6'2". I've never let a woman's height figure into the equation when determining whether I found someone worth dating. That said, I know a LOT of women wouldn't even contemplate dating me, despite the fact that I have a ton of other great qualities. That's always bothered me a little, I'll admit. I equate women who won't give guys under six feet tall a second glance with those shallow guys who won't date a woman if she doesn't have large breasts. Sorry. Just the way I feel.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    My wife is almost a foot shorter than me and it's worked out fine. :-)
  • cindyhoney2
    cindyhoney2 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and my husband is 5'11 so when I wear heels (which is pretty often, even my flip fliops are thick soled) I'm taller than him. I've dated a few guys that were shorter than me (just by a few inches) but I don't find men that are shorter than me very attractive. I struggled w/my height for years feeling like a giant, I didn't buy my first 4" heels til I was in my late 20s. Now I don't care, I embrace being tall even though I have shrunk an inch somehow.
    When is your date? I want to know how it went. My husband is a gamer (COD, Battefield 3) but he's not obssesed with it. Pokemon would scare me, lol.
  • focus4fitness
    focus4fitness Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I've never had this issue considering I am barely 5'4". But I would go on the date if I were you. Stand up tall, wear pretty shoes and feel like a godess!
  • brightnewday
    brightnewday Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I think the Pokemon thing should definitely be more of an issue than his height, lol. In fact, I dated a guy who was freakishly hairy thinking, 'I can't judge him by the fur coat he wears...' and as it had turned out he was obsessed with Pokemon. It was weird and annoying. He even had an extensive collection of the DVD's that he would watch in English and then in Japanese... All day long sometimes. Initially I thought the hair was the biggest turn off. Turns out it was the Pokemon (and his weird obsession with Dave Matthews- who, don't get me wrong, is awesome but I don't really want pillow talk to be about him...)

Good luck girl! And, if I were you I would go out with him at least once. Maybe it'll be romance and you can see past it all and maybe it'll be a funny story you can giggle about later! :)
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I like my girls to be shorter, im 5'11 and I like them in the 5'3 - 5'7 range...