No More Soda... Whose With Me?

Options
124»

Replies

• Dare2Believe
    Dare2Believe Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Sad thing is I gave it up for 4 years cold turkey. Then one really hot day in the summer 3 years ago at a very hot laundry mat I needed a drink and the only thing the machine had was soda so I figured one wouldn't hurt me....WRONG!That first sip was like ahhhhhhh I've missed you and I have been drinking it again ever since (kinda makes me understand my husband not being able to give up cigarettes).
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Had a few days in, slipped up, and now have a few more days in. :tongue:
  • gunswife
    Options
    Good luck to all those who are giving up soda! I know it's really hard but it's doable. Just think of it as each can of soda has about 10-12 tsps (maybe even tbsps) of sugar. Even if you stop drinking 1 can a day and replace it with water you have managed to avoid at least 3650 tsps of sugar!!

I stopped drinking soda 9 years ago and am so thankful that I did because I am positive I would be in a lot worse shape if I didn't.

Again good luck to everyone!!!
  • kym_lewis08
    Options
    Joining In - Tomorrow will be day one..Trying to give up all caffiene..Water only. Lord help :ohwell:
  • cmlanctot
    Options
    I made it through the week with no soda. I'm jonesing. We had a party at my house over the weekend and my horrible influence of a husband bought soda! Now it's sitting in my fridge taunting me. I'm going to have to make him take it in with him to work, I think. It's not hard when it's not staring at you all day!
  • itsmenatalie
    itsmenatalie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 5 of no soda. I'm not able to give up the caffeine yet, so I'm doing the Crystal Light with caffeine. In the long run I want to give that up too. One step at a time!
  • tabstattooed
    Options
    gained 5 pounds in 4 weeks since giving up cokes.....something is wrong with this dayum picture.:mad: :grumble: :noway: :angry: :explode: :ohwell: :frown: :embarassed: :sick: :brokenheart: :cry: :huh: :sad: :indifferent: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :mad: :mad: :mad: :angry: :angry: :grumble: :grumble: :noway: :noway: :noway: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • cwvanek
    cwvanek Posts: 111
    Options
    Here's a good deterrent for those drinking diet soda:

Did you know that most artificial sweeteners are actually derived from laxatives?

True story. That's what you're drinking. A chemical laxative altered to be sweet.

Another reason is that aspartame breaks down into methanol in the body. Our body then turns it into FORMALDEHYDE... Aspartame hurts a lot of people and should be illegal.
  • jodazary
    jodazary Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    i havent had my beloved dr pepper since april of this year i got addicted to sobes life water insterad
  • moonport
    moonport Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I gave up all soda a year and a half ago. I craved it for awhile, but I'm not even tempted anymore.