JUNE STARTERS - Monday Weigh In - September 14

Options
13»

Replies

• kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    Ok....yes.... if you are looking for encouragement... you may want to skip my post this week....

I am still at 219 which is still up 2lbs from the gain last week.... I am seriously in a rut ladies... I know it... I don't know why I won't just pull myself up by the boot straps and get out of it... :angry:
    I have felt REALLY bad this week... Hoping I'm not coming down with the weird cold/flu thing that is going around here... I have laid around when I have not been working, so...NO WORKOUT>.... AND I would have probably felt better if I would have just got up and worked out, but I seriously could not motivate myself to do anything but lay around and feel yucky....
    So, how to dig myself out of this rut.... That is what I'm working on. I will do it!! I HAVE to do it!!! I will not let these last 10 lbs that I lost be for nothing... I have a LONG way to go on this journey.. I CAN"T stop now... I am just going to have to remotivate myself and get back in the game... I will do it, ladies. Sorry I haven't been the motivator that I should be right now... I'll get there....

Awww... *hug*

What usually motivates you to work out? Looking at it from a psychological POV you should really think about and figure out what your triggers are that motivate you to workout or make decisions you will be happy with. For some people it is listening to a particular song, for others it might be reading a particular motivational message, or maybe watching a certain tv show or video.

We are all here for you and care about you. *hugs*

Take care,
    La

Thanks!! I usually look at things from a logical point of view, but never thought to take my workout to the psychological level :laugh: Thanks for the advice... I am totally going to center myself and refocus today...
  • kandyjo
    Options
    Ok....yes.... if you are looking for encouragement... you may want to skip my post this week....

I am still at 219 which is still up 2lbs from the gain last week.... I am seriously in a rut ladies... I know it... I don't know why I won't just pull myself up by the boot straps and get out of it... :angry:
    I have felt REALLY bad this week... Hoping I'm not coming down with the weird cold/flu thing that is going around here... I have laid around when I have not been working, so...NO WORKOUT>.... AND I would have probably felt better if I would have just got up and worked out, but I seriously could not motivate myself to do anything but lay around and feel yucky....
    So, how to dig myself out of this rut.... That is what I'm working on. I will do it!! I HAVE to do it!!! I will not let these last 10 lbs that I lost be for nothing... I have a LONG way to go on this journey.. I CAN"T stop now... I am just going to have to remotivate myself and get back in the game... I will do it, ladies. Sorry I haven't been the motivator that I should be right now... I'll get there....

That's why you started this group! Sometimes your the motivator and sometimes we are the motivators!!! You can do this! And you will do this! You've come too far to turn back around and go to the starting line again.....You will finish...I have faith & confidence in you:flowerforyou:
    Best of luck, I wish I had amazing advice but ......I don't:frown: Just sending "good ju ju" your way that next week will go better:drinker:

You are such a beautiful encouragement to me. Thank you so much for the faith and confidence :smile:
  • datenshi
    datenshi Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Hello All,

I am off work with another bad headache today accompanied by the usual dizziness and vertigo. Sure makes typing fun <insert sarcastic smirk here> though when the letters don’t seem to stay stationary.
    Yesterday I saw the doctor at the sleep clinic for my follow up appointment after being told I have sleep apnea and starting on a CPAP machine last month. He indicated I have an iron deficiency (it should be at 50 and mine is 27) and thinks I also have a vitamin D and Vitamin B12 deficiency. He is really concerned about my blood pressure which yesterday was 98/65 but I typically have low blood pressure and he thinks iron supplements will help bring it up and help with a lot of my other health issues too.

So this is making me wonder if I have other vitamin and mineral deficiencies that are causing the other health issues I have. I am going to ask my doctor to have me tested and see what happens.
    Well, I am happy I am finally getting answers and look forward to working on correcting them and improving my health even more than I am now. :smile:

Hope you are all having a good day! :flowerforyou:

Take care,
    Tammy
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    Kandy jo - Glad your feeling better :flowerforyou:

Tammy - Sorry your not doing so hot but I'm very happy that your getting answers:drinker:
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    Hello All,

I am off work with another bad headache today accompanied by the usual dizziness and vertigo. Sure makes typing fun <insert sarcastic smirk here> though when the letters don’t seem to stay stationary.
    Yesterday I saw the doctor at the sleep clinic for my follow up appointment after being told I have sleep apnea and starting on a CPAP machine last month. He indicated I have an iron deficiency (it should be at 50 and mine is 27) and thinks I also have a vitamin D and Vitamin B12 deficiency. He is really concerned about my blood pressure which yesterday was 98/65 but I typically have low blood pressure and he thinks iron supplements will help bring it up and help with a lot of my other health issues too.

So this is making me wonder if I have other vitamin and mineral deficiencies that are causing the other health issues I have. I am going to ask my doctor to have me tested and see what happens.
    Well, I am happy I am finally getting answers and look forward to working on correcting them and improving my health even more than I am now. :smile:

Hope you are all having a good day! :flowerforyou:

Take care,
    Tammy

You know what Tammy ... you're right. It's great that some answers are starting to come about. Years of trying to find the source of a problem can be so dang frustrating. You are doing so awesome and every time I see you I get shocked at how awesome you're looking. I hope you feel better soon. Love you. xoxo
  • busymom74
    busymom74 Posts: 3,341 Member
    Options
    Bumping for friday weighers. :bigsmile:
  • jklm
    jklm Posts: 281
    Options
    It's always so inspiring to read your posts. So many successful people. Congrats! :flowerforyou:

CW 205 lbs
    June 214
    April 223
  • jklm
    jklm Posts: 281
    Options
    oops...CW should be 204.
  • busymom74
    busymom74 Posts: 3,341 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I hope your fridays are going great.

I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to get to the gym tomorrow before the wedding I'm in. I'm def gonna need the extra calories! :drinker: :laugh:

Good luck over the weekend!! :flowerforyou:
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I've been eating everything in sight.:frown:
    Tammy: Glad you are finding some answers. Hopefully, more to follow.
  • schlieffen
    Options
    First of all, congrats to everyone! Loser, gainer or plateau-er you're all doing amazing, changing our lives for the better!!

Now Kandy Jo, everyone has ruts! Just set yourself a date (write it in lipstick on your bathroom mirror if you need a constant reminder) when you will start your routine again. Don't stress yourself out about not working out either, I think they say weight loss is 80% nutrition and only 20% exercise! And maybe your rut is your body telling you that it needs some rest. We all know that you of all people CAN DO THIS! You've been such an inspiration and awesome motivator to us all, you just need to stop being so caring and giving and keep some of that magic for yourself! You deserve this! :flowerforyou:

Tammy, glad you are finding answers and I hope everything else goes well!

And to do some tooting of my own horn.. when I weighed myself this morning (I'm a scale addict :blushing:) I got quite the shock! On Wednesday I was 158.0, yesterday was 158.8 and then this morning magically I was 155.8!! I love surprises like that! :bigsmile:

Keep up the fantastic work everyone!! :flowerforyou:
  • kandyjo
    Options
    First of all, congrats to everyone! Loser, gainer or plateau-er you're all doing amazing, changing our lives for the better!!

Now Kandy Jo, everyone has ruts! Just set yourself a date (write it in lipstick on your bathroom mirror if you need a constant reminder) when you will start your routine again. Don't stress yourself out about not working out either, I think they say weight loss is 80% nutrition and only 20% exercise! And maybe your rut is your body telling you that it needs some rest. We all know that you of all people CAN DO THIS! You've been such an inspiration and awesome motivator to us all, you just need to stop being so caring and giving and keep some of that magic for yourself! You deserve this! :flowerforyou:

Tammy, glad you are finding answers and I hope everything else goes well!

And to do some tooting of my own horn.. when I weighed myself this morning (I'm a scale addict :blushing:) I got quite the shock! On Wednesday I was 158.0, yesterday was 158.8 and then this morning magically I was 155.8!! I love surprises like that! :bigsmile:

Keep up the fantastic work everyone!! :flowerforyou:

Thank you, schlieffen!! You're precious!! I'm going to get there... TAlked to a friend of mine and she is starting the C25K because I did and she is looking to do something.... I got excited talking to her about it and I'm ready to start it up again... It helps to get excited about exercise again!!

So, lets go girls!!! Lets do this thing!!! :happy: