Everything I wish someone had told me 100 pounds ago...

Options

Replies

• cominupmilhouse
    cominupmilhouse Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I loved this post and am very glad I read it, because I think #4 is a fantastic daily goal to set for oneself and I'm going to start using it! Thanks a ton, it's all extremely sensible and simple advice, and congratulations on all your success with it as well.
  • CeCe_oceansoul_420
    CeCe_oceansoul_420 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    These are excellent tips! I've just begun my journey, but I've already taken on several of these tips. For example, I eat all of my meals on bread plates rather than dinner plates, include a fruit or veggie and a glass of water with every meal and snack, and have started exercising a minimum of 60 minutes a day, every day. So far I've lost one inch off my upper arms and calves, 2.5 inches off my waist and hips, and 3.5 inches off my thighs, and have officially lost 6 pounds over the last three weeks (I wasn't weighing myself before, so there's no telling how much I've lost in total over the last 8 weeks).

Your weight loss is such an inspiration, thanks for the post!
  • kympow
    kympow Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Great information!!! I especially love the burning your lowest calorie meal.... I will be revisiting this post on my journey....Thanks for taking the time to post it and putting such great thought into it!
  • snetterv
    snetterv Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am new here so I'm really not sure how this works or how to navigate. But happening upon your blog I was able to get a few suggestions that I haven't tried yet. I have been using MFP since April needing to lose 35lbs. I haven't done much since my husband passed, but sit in a chair. So now 2yrs later and 35lbs over I am returning to life. I have only lost 6lbs since april, but I am on alot of meds including prednisone, so it's going to be really hard to move that dial. I guess my BMR is really low because I haven't done anything in quite a while, I have bumped up the activity and I like the 5:30 rule. Thanks for the blog:smile:
  • toogsmom
    toogsmom Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Wow great advice! Ive lost 28 lbs so far , but when i reach my goal weight it will be a 100 lbs lost~ it was great to read tips from someone who has actually did the work to lose the weight! Running has become my best friend , completed 5ks and just the other day my first 10 k! Next goal a half marathon! So any tips on training for half marathon and seems like ive hit a plateau ~ i stay around 1200 calories a day and run most every day at least three miles sometimes 6, and i cycle as well! any advice from your experience would be helpful
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Thanks for taking the time to post this; it's great. :)
  • RejoicingL
    RejoicingL Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing those tips. I am just starting to see from other people's logs, just what a difrence being active makes! I will work on that!
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Thank you, for writing well, with lots of thought. Your progress is so inspiring.
  • gypsycoyote
    Options
    Great tips! I am going to copy these down tomorrow. Thank you!! :D
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Great post, congrats on your success!
  • missxjuicy
    missxjuicy Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    great tips; congrats on the weightloss.

11662968.png
  • m1311
    m1311 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I laughed when I read #5! That's me...sit around the house and get hungry just to do something different. I haven't been doing that since I started MFP, because the whole "write it down" thing has worked really well, but just today when I didn't want to do some work on the computer, I found myself wandering into the kitchen. Old habits try to resurrect themselves.

About #11, I noticed something interesting when I started pulling out my grandmother's china for weekly family dinners. The plate is the same size as today's dinner plate, but the border along the rim takes a full inch off the outer edge, and it's tilted slightly up in addition. We naturally don't cover up the border area with food. When we have a meal on our regular dinner plates, there is no border "guarding" the edge of the plate. So eating from a salad plate is a great idea, and mimics what our more slender grandparents would have used for real estate on the plate.

Thank you so much for these points. They are real.
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! I just started out on my weight loss journey so this is great! I'm working with a nutritionist and she is guiding me along what you wrote.
  • davidsgirl145
    davidsgirl145 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    bump for later reading :)
  • mevalentina
    mevalentina Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Great advice thank... And very impressive great sucess story :)
  • Crystalchaos72
    Options
    Bumping to spread the word:) great job + great tips :)
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the compliments people... Most of these are common sense, but I fully realize we are all different. Try them and if they work for you...Awesome. If they don't work for you, you will have learned that and hopefully will find something that does.

Remember that health is something most of us WORK at. It needs to be fostered for a lifetime.
  • mrtobias50
    mrtobias50 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this. All very sensible points. You are inspiring me!
  • cballiet
    cballiet Posts: 11
    Options
    Great stuff!
  • slappywags37
    Options
    Thanks! some great info in there :)