Do you log when you binge?

Options

Replies

• SCVSarah
    SCVSarah Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    No I never log when I binge.....that's why I can't lose weight. It's embarrassing to log an extra 5k calories on a binge, so I just don't. I think it would definitely help if I did. I usually put "binge" in my notes.
  • sizzler0123
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all your input! So after reading all of your posts I went back yesterday and logged it all in - yikes! And it WAS good to see that it told me I would weigh almost 10 lbs more than I am right now if I ate like that every day for the next 5 weeks!

I do have to say I disagree with the posts that talk about shame and also one that said if it's more than 300 calories then you should really worry - to me that is not a binge lol! I am talking about like 1,2 or 3000 calories over! I hardly ever do this anymore thansk largely in part to this site and the numbers right there in front of me that tell em what I am eating and how much I have left, etc. I work out almost every day and have been very proud of my success so far. In fact I am 133 lbs lighter than I was at my heaviest, and have recently just joined this site to get down about 40 lbs or so to where I think I wold be happy to be at.

We shouldn't feel shame for being human, and as I look at all of this as a lifestyle change/the way I live my life now, NOT a diet, it is unrealistic to think I will never have days like that, or be allowed to treat myself. It can be a slip[pery slope however if it happens too often, and therefore I need to stay focused on long-term goals and success.
  • sofia0586
    sofia0586 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    i try to log everything.

sometimes i'll log things to see how much they'll be and if they're too high, i feel guilty and don't eat it.

It's harder to log when I'm out and eating at someone's house or at a get together and I don't know whats in things.
  • PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot
    PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. Doing so actually does a good job of dissuading said binge because I'm so disgusted by it.
  • Lar349
    Lar349 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I did sweet, I hit the nutella and ate normal that day, I felt awful when I logged it, but clawed it back over the week so I felt great tgen. Sometines it is suprising u may not have munched that many extra calories x
  • DaGsGirl
    DaGsGirl Posts: 194
    Options
    Yep, I log everything. I promise myself that I will, no matter what.
  • Amber82479
    Amber82479 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I try to log it if at all possible and guesstimate where I need to. It keeps me accountable to myself :)
  • AquaFitQueen
    AquaFitQueen Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I log everything that I put in my mouth and if in doubt I round up. It keeps it real.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Usually when I cheat it's on things I have no idea how to log, so no.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,000 Member
    Options
    YES, it helps me to get back ontrack immediately and my binges arent so bad because I dont want to log it and have everyone know it....:laugh:
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Depends on my mood. I'd say in the last couple of months though that I do just log it. I look at my weekly numbers when I'm focused on losing more than daily, so I can see an overall number better if I log my binge. However if we are out and I don't have any clue what I ate, I have a "meal" in my settings that is called "I ate out and ate wayyyy too much", and it's like 800 calories per serving. So I just enter in that I ate 4.2 servings or something like that, and then continue on my merry way. :tongue:
  • ggcat
    ggcat Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I log everything that I put in my mouth and if in doubt I round up. It keeps it real.

Log it :) eventually, you won't eat it, because you don't want to log it!
  • Living4Liz2012
    Options
    I log so I see my faults and get back on it tomorrow:)
  • wildflow30
    wildflow30 Posts: 27
    Options
    Yup. If I had the gall to put it in my mouth then I have to have the gall to log it for all to see.

Being accountable for my actions!!
  • Clarisse0304
    Clarisse0304 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Yes!!! I will log everything so that I know and hold myself accountable for any changes that can happen to my body, if I don't do it I feel like I'm cheating or lying to myself.
  • kariebo
    kariebo Posts: 101
    Options
    I log it ... not ashamed of it because it does happen, but it does show me why things didnt happen as fast as I wouldve liked so I cant say "but I stuck to everything". I will lie to myself if I dont log it and hold myself accountable. Logging it also helps to motivate me to get my butt to the gym... 3 pieces of birthday cake??? Well well well... its time to haul my happy, chocolaty butt to the elliptical and earn that cake!
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I log it. It lets me see what I REALLY ate so I know where I am in the grand scheme of things. Don't let it get you down and just get back in the groove now.
  • soleilxo
    soleilxo Posts: 202
    Options
    yess...painfully..lol
  • maxonehiphop
    maxonehiphop Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I do. If I didn't log when I eat too much I don't think I would have lost as much weight as I have. Binging in general wasn't really my problem to begin with but being able to see the #'s has been an amazingly useful tool as I work my way back down to a healthy weight.
  • kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Of course. I just do better the next day.