Ladies- How many cals do you eat?

Options

Replies

• ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    ok So I was reading all the post and I am lost! I have been stuck for 4 weeks now. I am wondering if I am eating way to little now. My MFP is set to 1530 and I eat that or 1550. I wear a fitbit and it says I should only be eating 1350 but my BMR on here says that I am at 1875. I never eat my workout cals (3-4 times a week)!! HELP ME!! I know that 300 cals can make a big!!

What does your fitbit say is your average expenditure over the week?

Best thing to do is work out your average expenditure and just deduct the defict from there - no need to worry about exercise calories as they are included in your fitbit TDEE.
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    about 900, But I'm short so...

are you 3ft 6?
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options

are you 3ft 6?

That literally just made me LOL. My 6 year old is taller than 3'6'', and the skinny mini definitely eats more than 900 calories. ;)
  • Perfectdiamonds1
    Perfectdiamonds1 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Started at 1580 now on 1480. Working well so far for me. Been doing this journey since mid April 2012. Result are on the ticker.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    My diary is set to 1600, but when I work out I eat more.
  • sdoldsMD2013
    sdoldsMD2013 Posts: 128
    Options
    1000 - 1200, and I don't eat back any exercise calories unless I'm hungry.
  • callikia
    callikia Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I average 2500 per day of healthful food (mostly *lol*). :)
  • munny_p
    munny_p Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I did my BMR and it is around 1500 - I was doing 1200 and I lost 5lbs in the first week, but I think a lot of it was probably water weight...since then things have been very slow even though I am more active. I am going to try setting it to 1500 and see if that helps.
  • futuresizeeight
    Options
    1670 plus exercise calories and a "splurge" day once a week. I use the MFP calculator and set it to 2 lbs / week. I've been losing around 2 - 3 per week on average with this plan.

Edit to add: I'm 5'7" and 298 pounds.
  • findingmyhappyplace
    findingmyhappyplace Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    That's dumb. I'm not even 5'1 and I eat 2000-3000. Unless you are missing several internal organs and are in a coma, you need more food. Trust me, I've been there and I have a heart condition and osteoporosis to show for it.
  • Susan_Marie67
    Susan_Marie67 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    This has been a very interesting thread. My breakfast has more calories than a lot of you ladies eat all day. I've got to cut way back.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Completely random... and I didn't read anyone else's posts... but did anyone read the original topic as:

TOPIC: Ladies- How many cats do you eat?

I eat around 7 cats a day. You can't eat too many of them though, because if you eat 8+, you'll gain weight.

Duly noted!

My only issue... hairballs.

This is why I only eat hairless cats unless its a special occasion.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    This has been a very interesting thread. My breakfast has more calories than a lot of you ladies eat all day. I've got to cut way back.
    Or they need to eat way more...
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options

Yes! There are lots who need to eat more. Then they plateau and can't figure out WHY when they eat so little.

Eating is fun.

You can't put half a tank of gas in your car and expect to get across the country! You can't half fuel your body and expect it to cooperate either. :)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

Yes! There are lots who need to eat more. Then they plateau and can't figure out WHY when they eat so little.

Eating is fun.

You can't put half a tank of gas in your car and expect to get across the country! You can't half fuel your body and expect it to cooperate either. :)
    Great analogy. And yes, eating IS fun.
  • ginaquinn2
    ginaquinn2 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    1500-1800 a day (more with exercise) I am losing weight faster now since I increased my calories from 1200. My body doesn't think it's in starvation mode anymore.
  • Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    mine is set at 1230.
  • Nikkihearts
    Options
    I eat 1200 calories a day, and burn off 300-600 calories a day depending on what i do to work out. Do you HAVE to eat back the calories you worked off? I always thought it was 'calories in, calories out', and since i can't work off 1200 calories a day working out, i generally don't eat back those calories unless i'm going out with friends.

Edit: also, i'm 5'3'', 187 lbs. And 7 of those lbs below that i've lost i lost in the last 2 weeks alone.
  • Ashers83
    Ashers83 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    MFP has me set at 1200 a day and I try not to go over. I exercise 5-6 days a week and eat back some of the calories but not always. I'm still a bit confused about all of that. I'be lost almost 5lbs in my first 2 weeks even with a grad party and 4th of July! It's easier than in the past bc I'm eating more fruits/veggies and not "diet" versions of food.
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I eat 1200 calories a day, and burn off 300-600 calories a day depending on what i do to work out. Do you HAVE to eat back the calories you worked off? I always thought it was 'calories in, calories out', and since i can't work off 1200 calories a day working out, i generally don't eat back those calories unless i'm going out with friends.

Edit: also, i'm 5'3'', 187 lbs. And 7 of those lbs below that i've lost i lost in the last 2 weeks alone.

Hey just to clarify, you don't need to be burning off 1200 calories a day! If 1200 is your goal, that is the number you're trying to eat for weight loss correct? If you burn off 300 for example, that means you're eating 900 net calories. So it's fine to eat those calories back... in fact, you should! If your calorie intake goal was set to a higher number that already factored in activity/exercise, you wouldn't have to eat those calories back.

Btw - I don't like the way MFP calculates calorie needs - look up the Harris-Benedict equation and see how that compares.