The Movers & The Shakers

Options
Hello Everyone!

How did you all do with last week's water challenge? I hope well. I managed to get in all my water everyday :smile:

Week 8 Challenge: Do 3 sessions of cardio and 3 sessions of strength training. It does not matter how long you do it, or if you do 2 in one day (ie. a session of cardio & strength training in one day)

Good luck everyone!:drinker:

Replies

• Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good challenge.
    I did well with the water. I don't really have a problem with water. I have 2 1 Liter bottles that I fill up for the work day then I drink at least one bottle of water in the evening during my workouts.
    Good luck to everyone on this week's challenge. :bigsmile:
  • crystalscott0906
    Options
    sounds like a good challenge to me...i am taking a pe class at school (physical conditioning) so that should help for part of the challenge today...then i am going to the gym...i gotta get back in there lol. so i will see how everything goes today :)
  • Iffer75
    Options
    sounds like a good challenge to me...i am taking a pe class at school (physical conditioning) so that should help for part of the challenge today...then i am going to the gym...i gotta get back in there lol. so i will see how everything goes today :)

You can do it, I know you can. Have a wonderful week. :bigsmile:
  • crystalscott0906
    Options

You can do it, I know you can. Have a wonderful week. :bigsmile:

thanks! hop you have a great week too :)
  • crystalscott0906
    Options
    ok so class was rough last night....i didnt go to the gym after like i was thinking about doing. the class was 90 minutes and it kicked my butt! only bad thing is i hurt my knee doing lunges so now it wont bend or straighten all the way....stupid knee. anyway hopefully it will be feeling better tomorrow. i am gonna try to walk to the dogs tonight though to get some excercise in :)
  • sjmay
    sjmay Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    ok so class was rough last night....i didnt go to the gym after like i was thinking about doing. the class was 90 minutes and it kicked my butt! only bad thing is i hurt my knee doing lunges so now it wont bend or straighten all the way....stupid knee. anyway hopefully it will be feeling better tomorrow. i am gonna try to walk to the dogs tonight though to get some excercise in :)

Hope your knee is feeling better soon! Don't overdue it, but maybe with some rest and tlc today, you'll be right back on your feet! :flowerforyou:
  • sjmay
    Options
    Good Morning!

I didn't get either exercise or strength training in last night. I went to my parents for supper and by the time I got home I was too tired to do anything (I went to bed at 9! :yawn: ) Anyways, today is a new day, so I plan on doing my run and some strength training tonight :smile:
  • Iffer75
    Options

Ice it and take Ibuprofen. Maybe even elevate it for the time you are icing it. I hope it gets better soon. :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Okay, I started this lifestyle change the beginning of this year with a workout program that my fiance' set up for me and I just started eating better foods. Then in June I decided to do P90X. I am feeling awesome and like I can take on the world. I still have a lot of work to do, but I am much better than I was 9 months ago. I thought that I would share my before and after pics. You will need to copy and paste into a new window in order to view them.

http://s997.photobucket.com/albums/af99/jjtonic75/
  • sjmay
    Options
    Okay, I started this lifestyle change the beginning of this year with a workout program that my fiance' set up for me and I just started eating better foods. Then in June I decided to do P90X. I am feeling awesome and like I can take on the world. I still have a lot of work to do, but I am much better than I was 9 months ago. I thought that I would share my before and after pics. You will need to copy and paste into a new window in order to view them.

http://s997.photobucket.com/albums/af99/jjtonic75/

Congratulations! I checked out your pictures. You have come a long way---such a great job! :bigsmile: You must be so proud of yourself! Keep up the good work :flowerforyou:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Thanx Smay, I appreciate it. I still am not happy with how I look, but I am still working on that. Plus that outfit is not very flattering anyway. I am still working out pretty much every day and doing my best to eat clean. I am slowly lossing about a pound a week and that is progress. :bigsmile:
  • crystalscott0906
    Options
    your pictures look amazing. you really have made great progress....you definately deserve to be proud of yourself :) keep up the good work and im sure you will reach your goals before you know it.
  • sjmay
    Options
    Thanx Smay, I appreciate it. I still am not happy with how I look, but I am still working on that. Plus that outfit is not very flattering anyway. I am still working out pretty much every day and doing my best to eat clean. I am slowly lossing about a pound a week and that is progress. :bigsmile:

It sure is progress! I think that you are doing an excellent job :happy:
  • sjmay
    Options
    Good Morning!

How's everyone doing with their challenges? I have gotten in my 3 sessions of cardio (c25k), now I must do my strength training. I find that I am not as good at getting that in. Tonight I have a yoga class (my first one), so I am excited for that. I have done yoga before at home with a dvd, or tv shows, but I have never gone to a class. Here's to hoping I can still move tomorrow :laugh:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Good Morning!

How's everyone doing with their challenges? I have gotten in my 3 sessions of cardio (c25k), now I must do my strength training. I find that I am not as good at getting that in. Tonight I have a yoga class (my first one), so I am excited for that. I have done yoga before at home with a dvd, or tv shows, but I have never gone to a class. Here's to hoping I can still move tomorrow :laugh:

I am excited for you. If you have done it at home that will give you a good basis. Please let us know how you liked it. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options

It sure is progress! I think that you are doing an excellent job :happy:

Thanx, I really appreciate it. :bigsmile:
  • crystalscott0906
    Options
    my challenge week is going pretty good...i have had two of the physical conditioning classes so far this week and that was 1 1/2 hours of combined stregnth/circuit training and cardio....and i am going to head out with the dogs tonight for some more cardio :)
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Boy, we sure are quiet this week. I hope everyone had a good week. Here is to a fantastic weekend. Keep up the great work. :bigsmile:
  • sjmay
    Options
    Hello all!

Sorry, it has taken me so long to post again. I thought that maybe this week I would keep the same thread going, as there is not a whole lot of posting going on :grumble: But, I know, my fault too. I don't know where all of our members went..... maybe we will get some more :bigsmile:

So, how did you do with last week's challenge? I did great with the cardio, but only got in 2 sessions of strength training. I was hoping that I would get all 3 in, but, didn't. Oh well, there is always room for improvement!!!

How was everyone's weekend? Mine was great! Went to my older brother's wedding on Saturday evening, and had a ball! I know I prob drank more than I should have (but there are times for exceptions.. like this...:laugh: ) But I danced so much I wouldn't be surprised if I burned all the bad cals off :laugh:

Have a great day :flowerforyou:
  • sjmay
    Options
    oh....

Week 9 Challenge: Log all the food that you eat and try to stay very close to mfp recommendations (I know that it is easy to stray away or not log everything) AND drink all your water!

Good Luck :drinker: