85 pounds and counting with a couple of pictures.

Options

Replies

• NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    NIkki!! Wonderful!! I'm going to send you a friend request now, denise:)
    When I first started my journey in mid' March of this year(2012), I weighed 498 LBS. I had no idea that the mental part would be much more challenging than the physical part. It has definitely been some up's and downs for me,...crying, wanting to give up, thinking its not worth it because I wasn't getting results when I wanted them, which was instantly,... but through out it all, I have been working hard to not give up, and continuously striving to be healthier, and enjoy life. Here it is almost 4 months later, and I've dropped an overall 85 pounds... and 68 pounds since joining MFP... I'm very very very proud and pleased with my results. I still have a long road ahead of me, but I'm ready to attack it head on and meet my goal of 250. The success stories that I come across on here are so inspiring, and lets me know that I'm not alone on this journey, so thank you all so much for sharing, and keep up the great work...Whenever I am feeling discouraged, I chant to myself and say,... I want this, I have to do this, I can do this, I WILL do this! Don't give up guys, we are one another's encouragement... Feel free to send me a friend request and join me on this journey of ours... GOOD LUCK!
    SIDEBYSIDEVIEW1.jpg
  • nangel4u
    nangel4u Posts: 119
    Options
    That is so awesome girl!!!! Your doing great :-)
  • lisaishotpink
    Options
    Congratulations! You are amazing! Your results so far are incredible, keep going and you can attain your goal. Everyone gets discouraged, but having a mantra like yours is a great tool. I wish you the best!!
  • sting5
    sting5 Posts: 408
    Options
    Beautiful!!!
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Wow, great job. Keep it up and you will be at your goal in no time.
  • mrsslimkatie
    Options
    Im so happy for you!!!:smile:
  • abaka123
    abaka123 Posts: 48
    Options
    your story is awesome! please post after your next weight loss. you look great.. keep it up, the craving are hard for me and ive have a new perspective on addicts and their personal 'addictions'. i bet you feel good and your health is getting better too!
  • znkmommy
    znkmommy Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You are doing a great job you are so beautiful!!
  • bcmallwalker
    Options
    Congratulations! All of your hard work is really paying off, you are doing a wonderful job! I know how hard it is, I started in the fall of 2009 at 272 lbs. I have lost 96 lbs, most of it before I joined MFP. I want to lose at least another 49 lbs. This past year has a tough one, I really struggled going up and down a few lbs. I sort of gave up the first of the year and gained 30+ lbs. I got back on track 7 weeks ago and have lost 22 of those lbs. You are right, the mind thing is the hard part.

You should be very proud of yourself. Blessings for the rest of your journey.
  • deniseearheart
    deniseearheart Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I am on the same journey :-) good luck !!!! BTW your changes are great and I can not wait to reach my first big goal of 50 pounds
  • cmoore1220
    cmoore1220 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I can see the difference, and you are pretty now so you are going to be awesome when you reach your goal. Ain't no stopping you now.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    that's awesome - just stick with it!! I started at 303.4, and am currently at 191!! It can be done!
  • 1546mel
    1546mel Posts: 191
    Options
    AWESOME JOB!!!!!!!!!! It is so great to see someone take control of their life and turn it around! I dont know you but am sooo proud of you! Keep going girl! You are beautiful!
  • Natelywills
    Options
    Look at you!! You're amazing! And that smile says it all. I am so pleased for you. I know what you mean, the mental is so much harder. You have to learn to view food in a completely different way and you want it to happen immediately for all that effort but you stuck with it and you are doing amazingly. Congratulations!
  • Metal_Viking
    Options
    Very inspiring!! You are doing GREAT!! You should write in to Extreme Makeover Weight Loss Edition. Chris Powell has helped so many. I love that show. It reminds you that you have it in yourself to push harder and get out of that comfort zone. Keep up the good work ^.^
  • Way_2_a_Healthy_Mel
    Way_2_a_Healthy_Mel Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    You are so inspiring! Thanks for sharing your journey!
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • love2bthin
    love2bthin Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Great job! I am very proud of you! Keep it up...make sure you keep posting pictures. WOOHOO!!!:smile:
  • BRANDYGR8MOVES
    BRANDYGR8MOVES Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    so awesome we can do it we can do it
  • hungrygirldeb
    Options
    That is so awesome! I can really see the difference in the pictures! That must feel so great! I also need to lose 85 lbs. But its just not coming off. I'm jealous! YOU GO GIRL!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!