One Year Later

Options
Short & Slick version:

I started my journey late April 2012. Since the age of 7 I've always been overweight. Anytime I've lost weight it's been because of stress, never on purpose. The same happened at the end of 2011...lots of stress, my body showed the same. This time, something changed. When I started to put back on the weight, I made a decision to get healthy ON PURPOSE. No more stress loss (though it's always come in handy :) ), no more hiding from cameras for fear of actually seeing my image captured on film. No more "from the neck up" photos. It's time to take control of my life and become the best version of me I can be.

If I win and drop weight, great! That's not the goal. The goal is to live, eat, BE healthy and happy. Period.

So...the pic on the left is rom June 2011, giving the toast at my sister's wedding. I was "happy" then, but grossly unhealthy. The pic on the right was taken today after my AM workout. I've lost 23 lbs to date with another 50 to go. My closet is feeling the changes (I've donated more clothes the past month as I would annually) but when I look in the mirror, I don't see a real change. Even though the people I do life with see it and are super supportive, I'm pushing until *I* see it.

I've never done this before...so please be kind but honest. I can take it.

1yrlater.jpg

Replies

• wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous. Keep up the great work and congratulations of finally doing it for you.
  • kimmraderie
    Options
    Thanks!!! Pushing hard...
  • NannersBalletLegs
    NannersBalletLegs Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Nice work!
  • mscrumbyy
    mscrumbyy Posts: 116
    Options
    You look great!
  • lc971
    lc971 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! I can totally see the difference.
  • lifesazoo
    lifesazoo Posts: 118
    Options
    That's a drastic difference! It really shows that you've gained a ton of muscle! Look at how lean you are! Be VERY proud of all of your hard work!!!
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Yep. Big difference... you look great! Keep going :D
  • orishp
    orishp Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    That looks like more than 23 lbs lost to me ....

you are looking so good, and the more important thing is that your body will thank you in the end, not only with a nice reflection in the mirror.

Keep it up, lots of good stories to motivate us all around here
  • sjschewlakow
    sjschewlakow Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep it up!
  • CathEsh
    CathEsh Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Wow! I can't believe you don't see a change! You look drastically different (GREAT!). You've toned up and slimmed down, and it definitely looks like you've lost more than 23 pounds! Good job!
  • kimmraderie
    Options
    From that picture in the right...It's probably closer to 30lbs. But since April, I've lost 23.

Thanks MFP!! You all are down right AWESOME!!
  • cosmojill
    cosmojill Posts: 5
    Options
    Awesome job Kim, you are losing nicely.....keep up the great work. How many dress sizes did you lose.
  • jaena4
    jaena4 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Wow! I totally see a major difference! You are very visibly slimmer and way more toned! Thanks for sharing this - inspiring!
  • kimmraderie
    Options
    @CosmoJill.... So far 2...slipping into 3.
  • Maridar
    Maridar Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    wow, good for you, way slimmer if you ask me, belly is gone, arms look nicely toned and legs look strong. keep it up!!!
  • Kelly043
    Kelly043 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! The scale is not telling your whole story. Did you take any measurements? Keep up the good work. I know you can reach your goals.
  • fit4lyfeLisa
    fit4lyfeLisa Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss and a job well done!!! You look great!!
  • KristenBru
    KristenBru Posts: 25
    Options
    You look amazing! Take your measurements. The scale is a *kitten*! I've only lost 3 pounds, but I've dropped a size and many inches. Remember, muscle is tighter than fat (even though it weighs the same), so the scale can be tricky.

Keep it up!
  • kimmraderie
    Options
    LOL @ "scale is a hoar"...I think I agree! Whenever I see a difference in measurements, the scale laughs at me and vice versa. Some weeks I stay at the same weight. Other weeks, the scale drops. UGH...I've stopped weighing myself daily (just once a week now). That helps me keep my sanity.

As far as inches lost: 6" each from waist and hips. 1.5" from each arm and 1" from each thigh.

That's progress...
  • cwilliams32
    cwilliams32 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    i SEE A BIG DIFFERENCE......YOU LOOK GREAT !!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!