Before & Afters picture thread

Options

Replies

• Elbeckistan
    Elbeckistan Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I just started using MFP, but here are my before and after photos from when I weighed 260 and my weight now, 215. I can't seem to find any full body photos of myself because I refused to take photos of myself before. I still have a ways to go, but here is my progress! These photos are so inspiring! Keep up the great work! :)

My son and I (March 2010):

Before.jpg

My son and I (May 2012):

After.jpg
  • AddA2UDE
    AddA2UDE Posts: 382
    Options
    Great job everyone!!!
  • mspohn1299
    Options
    WOW!!!! You should be VERY Proud!!
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    You look phenomenal! What kind of workouts have you been doing? (If you do not mind sharing). :flowerforyou:
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Now your transformation is shocking in a good way!!! Please share how you did it.... Congratulations!!! You look AMAZING!!! :drinker:
  • ZarrX86
    ZarrX86 Posts: 38
    Options
    1zn3bt3.jpg

282kspe.jpg

Holy Crap you have the gameboy Iphone case too! Great loss man congrats!
  • beautsarah
    beautsarah Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    bump
  • CStone17
    CStone17 Posts: 37
    Options
    Before, June 2011. I was about 200 pounds (5'8")

7591984380_bc68e9ec70.jpg
    IMG_1269 by stone.caitlin, on Flickr

During, June 2012. 150ish.

7591861032_beb98014a1.jpg
    Chickens! 065 by stone.caitlin, on Flickr

If anyone cares how this occurred (I like having descriptions when I see a body type like mine): I have PCOS and an undiagnosed (because it's more or less undiagnosable, according to all my doctors) and formerly very severe chronic pain condition. I had to withdraw from my university in May of 2011 because of the pain interfering with my ability to attend classes at all, plus some equivalent of fibro-fog, though I don't have fibromyalgia. In August, I started physical therapy (mostly aquatic), saw an endocrinologist who specified I should eat the Insulin Resistance-type diet (labs showed after that I didn't have IR, but I'd lost 15 pounds by that point so I've kept with it), and started my 25th-ish medication and found it actually worked, all of which combined to make me actually semi-normal in terms of functionality.

Finally started being active last fall and then working out for realzies in April, with cardio and some resistance and weight training (doing 30DS now). I had super-lame muscles after 19 years of inactivity (I had the pain since infancy), natch, but I've been working on that. I actually weigh more now than in my during from my continued building of muscle. My super high pain tolerance can be useful, haha.

LOVING these before and after shots. Particularly those ladies who lost their stomachs, since that's my last bastion of major fat accumulation.
  • mogletdeluxe
    mogletdeluxe Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I posted earlier in this thread but took my latest progress picture yesterday and stumbled on an oldie, so here's both of them.

BA.jpg
  • lisarenee_x0
    Options
    18 will turn into 80 before you know it.. keep it up!
  • tsmith8
    tsmith8 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    bump
  • LetiMarie_864
    LetiMarie_864 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Everyone looks amazing!!!
  • kandienicole
    Options
    Bump
  • kooldog1968
    Options
    Outstanding job to all, you are all motivation to more people than you know
  • tempest501
    tempest501 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Just posted these in a seperate thread but thought I would add these here too. These are my halfway pics

halfwayside.jpg

halfwayfrt.jpg

halfflex.jpg
  • BrandonStark
    Options
    Started at 212lbs March 2012
    377.jpg

At 185 June 2012
    078.jpg

At 170 July 2012
    099.jpg
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    However remember muscle weighs 3 times more than fat.

Just wanted to say, muscle does not weigh three times more than fat. 1lb of muscle and 1lb of fat weigh the same. However, muscle is more dense than fat so takes up less room. Hence why 10lbs of muscle looks a lot different than 10lbs of fat.

Also, muscle is not that easy to put on. 1lbs of muscle a week is theoretically possible, but you have to be doing everything right.

Just want to make sure people have the right information :flowerforyou:
  • lolagurlx0x0
    lolagurlx0x0 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Nobody said anything about my pic :brokenheart: :sad: :cry: :grumble: :frown:

haha- im sorry- I thought it! I LOVE your dress in the second btw.
  • dreamgym
    dreamgym Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    you look amazing do you have any tools to help others to motivate us to loose weight any diet to follow?
  • lucythinmint
    lucythinmint Posts: 239
    Options
    5'8"
    Before was around 260lbs.
    After 155lbs.
    Not all of it on MFP

[img]http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l356/roses4shawna/all of us/RhymeApril2010-summer.jpg[/img]
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!