can you lose weight with unhealthy food

Options
Can you eat unhealthy food as well as healthy food and still lose weight if you are still under you're calorie intake?

Replies

• Becca21
    Becca21 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    yup
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    How do you Balance the two unhelathy and healthy foods?
  • nataliexxxx
    nataliexxxx Posts: 262
    Options
    :smile:
  • meanemma86
    meanemma86 Posts: 68
    Options
    the occasional unhealthy food is fine, jus as long as its not everyday :)
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    What is your definition of "unhealthy"? Personally, since I've been eating better just the THOUGHT of fast food makes me feel ill. I can get away with like a chicken caesar salad sometimes but even McDonald's grilled chicken upsets my stomach and makes me feel sluggish.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Sure can. Question would be why would you want to!
  • rbl1225
    rbl1225 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    yes like I said in your status earlier.... just learn portions and you can still eat what you want under your calories
  • meeka472
    meeka472 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Can you eat unhealthy food as well as healthy food and still lose weight if you are still under you're calorie intake?

The simple answer is yes.
  • nataliexxxx
    nataliexxxx Posts: 262
    Options
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Unhealthy food every once and a while is ok. In fact, it's probably good for you: Losing weight is as mental as it is physical. If you NEVER give into a craving, it'll drive you nuts, and you'll eventually give in and binge on bad foods.

If most of your diet is healthy foods, you'll be fine. A cheat meal once a week/once a month isn't going to set you back. Enjoy something tasty every now and then. Just don't indulge yourself regularly.
  • skcornett
    skcornett Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    You can, but it likely won't result in permanent weight loss and you really won't be any healthier. I don't skip out on my favorites; I just don't eat them every day like I used to.
  • BandForAlyAnne
    BandForAlyAnne Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    sure. but why WOULD you?
  • Cosmodious
    Cosmodious Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Um, cos it's delicious?
  • casperuk
    casperuk Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    sure. but why WOULD you?

This all day.

The biggest setback I could see for me personally is feeling hungry. Cravings can be ignored, my belly rumbling is another matter entirely. So by default I find I make choices that are healthier. I'd rather eat a big burger king burger dripping with fat and cheese, with onion and sauce than eat healthy food...but 2 hours later i'd be hungry again and for a lot less calories I could eat lots of chicken, some potatoes, salad, veg, fruit and stagger it through the day and not feel hungry at all.
  • Loopylu84
    Loopylu84 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I've got a friend (already quite thin) who ears 3 chocolate bars a day instead of meals for 2 weeks before she goes on holiday to lose a few pounds. It works, but it's hardly good for your body.
  • deevatude
    deevatude Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    yes, just be careful of the portion size
  • DMarieLVT
    DMarieLVT Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    You absolutely can...I did. I lost 42 lbs in 3 1/2 months eating mostly crap but staying under my calorie intake. I exercised occasionally but not nearly as often or as hard as I could have. I wasn't any HEALTHIER. I still got winded going up the stairs and I wasn't any stronger either. It's also not maintainable weight loss -- I plateaued after the 40 lb lost mark and gradually gained it back eating the exact same things I had. This time I'm doing it the healthy and active way and I'm much happier with my slower progress :)
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    I've got a friend (already quite thin) who ears 3 chocolate bars a day instead of meals for 2 weeks before she goes on holiday to lose a few pounds. It works, but it's hardly good for your body.

Can anyone say malnutrition?
  • tashaa1992
    tashaa1992 Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    Yes you can, but would your heart be healthy? My health matters to me more than being low in calories, not trying to be rude. I didn't read this properly, I didn't see you mentioned combined with eating healthily too oops sorry. Yes you can, I believe in moderation, you only live once!:)