Raspberry Ketones To Help With Weight Lose?

Options
I came across this article this morning and was wondering if anyone here has tried it or know if its beneficial? Like Dr Oz says its best used along with a good diet and exercise but I wouldnt mind using this if it would help it along and its something that is good for your body anyway regardless. Any experience or thoughts??

http://www.consumersalert.com/new-miracle-burner/?p=0002

~Carrie~

Replies

• MrsBully4
    MrsBully4 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Save your money, don't bother with them
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Snake oil. The only thing that will lose weight is your wallet. The "good diet and exercise" part is the key, no need to resort to bogus 'supplements'. Remember, Dr. Oz is paid (quite well) to hawk these "miracle potions".
  • CountryMom03
    CountryMom03 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Yes I know that but that still doesnt take the effect away that these type of things do have health benefits from them. Theres many people who profit from "selling" something that helps to lose weight but that doesnt take away the fact that they do work, like exercise equipment, exercise workout videos, Gym memberships, online memberships with training, certain types of food diets, vitamins, minerals, etc. Just because someone makes a profit from promoting something doesnt mean that its automatically a scam.

~Carrie~
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Yes I know that but that still doesnt take the effect away that these type of things do have health benefits from them. Theres many people who profit from "selling" something that helps to lose weight but that doesnt take away the fact that they do work, like exercise equipment, exercise workout videos, Gym memberships, online memberships with training, certain types of food diets, vitamins, minerals, etc. Just because someone makes a profit from promoting something doesnt mean that its automatically a scam.

~Carrie~

Why ask for peoples advice if you wont take it? Oh you are looking for a echo chamber?
  • Presley0381
    Options
    I will admit I was one of the people who fell for this. First of all he didn't really say what kind to buy. There are so many. I bought mine from a company where I got 3 bottles for 15 bucks. They did nothing at all. My friend bought hers at GNC for 30 bucks for one bottle and said they have helped her. My advice, don't waste your money :wink:
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I came across this article this morning and was wondering if anyone here has tried it or know if its beneficial? Like Dr Oz says its best used along with a good diet and exercise but I wouldnt mind using this if it would help it along and its something that is good for your body anyway regardless. Any experience or thoughts??

http://www.consumersalert.com/new-miracle-burner/?p=0002

~Carrie~

I'm guessing it's the "GOOD DIET AND EXERCISE" that does the trick.
  • now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    These have not been proven to do anything for humans. I believe they were tested on rats (I could be wrong). There are a lot of informed people on this site who have a lot of information to share, whether people like it or not.

These don't work for weight loss. A good diet and exercise gives you weight loss.
  • Lady_Bane
    Lady_Bane Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Your body has its own ketones....when you work out and lose weight your body produces them on its own...taking them as a supplement is a waste of money
  • CountryMom03
    Options

~Carrie~

Why ask for peoples advice if you wont take it? Oh you are looking for a echo chamber?

I will take the advice if its someone who knows more about it or has tried it themselves, what I dont like is people who automatically dis-credit something and say..oh its a scam because all they are after is making money. Thats very well possible but its also possible that it is legit because theres many things out there that require money that do help your health or weight lose. Is it necessary? of course not but its all about personal choice in whether your willing to pay for something that will help things along.
  • liftmor
    liftmor Posts: 3
    Options
    I've taken RK-500 raspberry ketones. I take 2 twice a day. This is a pretty high amount of raspberry ketones. I like it-- it makes me warm and gives me a moderate boost of energy. There are a lot of nay-sayers but I say do what you like. I like them and they are cheap to buy. That's what I recommend.
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Some girls at work tried them despite my best efforts to steer them away... guess what!
    They only lost weight in the form of money.
    In fact, it make them nauseated and that was really the only effect they had.
    Snake oil salesman that Dr Oz, he really likes to put his name on stuff and convince them they need it!
  • CountryMom03
    Options
    I will admit I was one of the people who fell for this. First of all he didn't really say what kind to buy. There are so many. I bought mine from a company where I got 3 bottles for 15 bucks. They did nothing at all. My friend bought hers at GNC for 30 bucks for one bottle and said they have helped her. My advice, don't waste your money :wink:

Hmm interesting! Thanks for the info and advice!!:) Thats sorta what I figured but thought I would ask to get others viewpoints and experience in it:) Thanks!:)
  • crazywifewczx
    crazywifewczx Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    They always put so many extra things into these weight loss products that we can't even pronounce them and alot of the time the extra ingredients don't have to be listed or aren't regulated and years down the road they find the problems with them. Your best bet is to stay as natural as you possibly can and just eat the raspberries whole or freeze them for smoothies or crush and add to your water a few times a day.
  • CountryMom03
    Options
    I've taken RK-500 raspberry ketones. I take 2 twice a day. This is a pretty high amount of raspberry ketones. I like it-- it makes me warm and gives me a moderate boost of energy. There are a lot of nay-sayers but I say do what you like. I like them and they are cheap to buy. That's what I recommend.

Thanks for the input!!:)
  • CountryMom03
    Options
    They always put so many extra things into these weight loss products that we can't even pronounce them and alot of the time the extra ingredients don't have to be listed or aren't regulated and years down the road they find the problems with them. Your best bet is to stay as natural as you possibly can and just eat the raspberries whole or freeze them for smoothies or crush and add to your water a few times a day.

ROFL yes I know, I TOTALLY agree with you on this!! Its crazy what they are allowed to put into stuff without us knowing!! I dont take any suppliments or vits but if I did, which i would like to sometime soon I know that I will be researching into a site that has them as close to their natural state as possible. I do eat some raspberries now, the frozen ones because if I bought them fresh they would end up going bad before I ate them all lol.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options

~Carrie~
    *shrug* You asked for opinions, I gave mine. It's your money, doesn't affect me in the least.

I personally just don't go for broscience and snake oils. I've spent plenty of money on fitness equipment, gym memberships, vitamins and supplements, fitness books, etc., and have no problem with somebody making money. They're just not going to make money from ME if they're hawking fradulent fad crap. In my opinion, Dr. Oz is a supplement *kitten* - he comes up with some new "miracle potion" every week. He's apparently a legitimate M.D. from reviewing his credentials, but it seems to me he's been bought by the supplement companies and now just pimps whatever they pay him the most to pimp. I have no respect for people like that, nor do I accord them any credibility whatsoever.
  • liftmor
    liftmor Posts: 3
    Options
    you would have to eat hundreds of pounds of raspberries to get the ketones equivalent to 500 or 1000 mg like in the pills. First of all, that's ridiculous to eat that much and second of all, the calories in fruit come from sugar. Don't forget that. I don't eat any fruit. You can get all the vitamins/minerals/fiber you need from vegetables, and vegetables have almost no sugar compared to fruit which is almost 100% sugar. Good luck. And PS- any thermogenic (like respberry ketones) raises body temperature and therefore makes you burn more calories. These aren't miracle pills, but they may help give somebody an edge. That's all
  • CountryMom03
    Options
    you would have to eat hundreds of pounds of raspberries to get the ketones equivalent to 500 or 1000 mg like in the pills. First of all, that's ridiculous to eat that much and second of all, the calories in fruit come from sugar. Don't forget that. I don't eat any fruit. You can get all the vitamins/minerals/fiber you need from vegetables, and vegetables have almost no sugar compared to fruit which is almost 100% sugar. Good luck. And PS- any thermogenic (like respberry ketones) raises body temperature and therefore makes you burn more calories. These aren't miracle pills, but they may help give somebody an edge. That's all

Thank you:)
  • wolfi622
    wolfi622 Posts: 206
    Options
    . Just because someone makes a profit from promoting something doesnt mean that its automatically a scam.

~Carrie~

This much is true enough. MFP is a profit making venture, for example, and it's very effective for many people.
  • shelbelr
    shelbelr Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I tried Raspberry Ketones, specifically RazTrim. In my opinion, they definitely gave me an edge-when I took them as directed.
    Don't remember if they made me feel fuller and that is what helped but I've dieted most of my life and have tried many diets. MFP is the only way I've ever been able to journal my calories and has made all the difference in my last 50lbs loss. Bottom line-the only way to lose is Calories in<Calories burned! But-sometimes I need a new catalyst (RazzTrim, a new class/meeting, etc.) as a refresher to keep me motivated. Looking for motivation is what landed me here today.
    Other elements that I've needed to incorporate to lose-daily calcium as in milk/yogurt, lots of cabbage (:noway: yup!) and lots of water!
    I bought RT off Amazon when they were about $18. The last time I checked I think they were up around $30.
    I just remembered yesterday that I still have some. I have been off track for about a month so I'll start on these again-today!