Raspberry Ketones To Help With Weight Lose?

Options
2»

Replies

• rachelilb
    rachelilb Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I also listened to Dr.Oz and went out and bought Green Coffee Bean Extract to help with weight loss. My advise is don't listen to everything he says. Healthy eating and working out will get better results.
  • jwmissy
    jwmissy Posts: 1
    Options
    It does work, it did for me anyway. That along with Chia seeds helped me lose belly fat and curve my appetite.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    If all these weight loss "aids" worked everyone would be thin. I don't think the question even needs to be asked, common sense should give you the answer :flowerforyou:
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    These have not been proven to do anything for humans. I believe they were tested on rats (I could be wrong). There are a lot of informed people on this site who have a lot of information to share, whether people like it or not.

These don't work for weight loss. A good diet and exercise gives you weight loss.

This. I wish I had a link to the actual study.

The raspberry keytones were given to rats as something like 90% of their diet. The keytones haven't even been tested on humans so we can't even be sure of any affects it may or may not have on humans. I would save your money because I'm sure any thermogenic effects are so minimal, you would just get better results eating right and exercising.
  • patabart
    patabart Posts: 3
    Options
    I've been taking Raspberry Ketones for a month. It definitely curbs my appetite. I got mine from Swansons for around $4. You are supposed to take 100mg. 1/2 hour before breakfast and lunch.
  • ALH1981
    ALH1981 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I think everyone wants a 'quick' answer to weight loss - that quick answer is diet and execersise - unfortunately its not always quick......

Having said that, i am always the first to try new supplements and have actually tired these - i do think they gave me more energy but not sure about weight loss!!!

What I do think is sometimes this is physiological - and if thinking that something helps you enough to put you on the right track then do it!!! nothing wrong with that!

GOood luck!!
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    If you're going to buy them, be sure to get the most expensive available. This way the placebo effect will be much stronger.

--P
  • AllTehBeers
    Options
    If you're going to buy them, be sure to get the most expensive available. This way the placebo effect will be much stronger.

--P

Lol!
  • GodsGirl37
    GodsGirl37 Posts: 348
    Options
    I take it and it is helped me lose weight. but you have to still watch your appetite, work out . otherwise it won't help you
  • AllTehBeers
    Options
    I take it and it is helped me lose weight. but you have to still watch your appetite, work out . otherwise it won't help you

I really hope this is sarcasm.
  • spendsitwell
    spendsitwell Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have been taking Raspberry Ketones for a few months now. I think they help curb my appetite a bit but not enough to keep me from eating all together which is good for me. I think they also give me a good boost of energy. I take 2, 150mg pills once a day, usually in the morning with my coffee. I buy mine from Nutrition Smart and one bottle is around 18 bucks. I would recommend that you buy a good one from a health food place and try them and see how you feel. I figured for 18 bucks I didnt have anything to lose. I will continue to use them. I also think its really personal preference and how you are incorporating them into your diet and weight loss. Good luck.
  • Jishmeister
    Jishmeister Posts: 108
    Options
    I once saw a video (I think it was dr oz and some other lady) and they were demonstrating how it affects your fat cells. to demonstrate this, they used helium balloons and liquid nitrogen. When the balloons were put in the liquid, they shrunk and deflated. They said that's the affect the raspberry ketone will have on your fat cells. But then when they pulled the balloons out, they inflated back to normal size. (simple chemistry)

Basically, this is another fad diet. Dr oz isn't even a real dr. He's a paid actor and I wouldn't take his advise even if my life depended on it. Everything he says is scripted so he can make money. As for this raspberry bullsh*t, it's a quick fix; it's just another fad for lazy people who want quick results, once you're off the stuff, you'll regain weight. Eating healthy and exercising will make you lose weight and keep it off in the long run.
  • uglyhobo
    uglyhobo Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz has a M.D. of Broscience and makes money from being an actor, spreading broscience and false fitness/nutrition info., and helping companies sell placebo drugs.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz has a M.D. of Broscience and makes money from being an actor, spreading broscience and false fitness/nutrition info., and helping companies sell placebo drugs.
    That pretty well sums up my feelings.