couple questions :HELP

Options
Ok first one is... is there such tging as drinking to much water.
Since about 7 yrs ago I have drank pretty
Much nothing but water... occasionally a glass of tea or cranberry juice an that'd like once a month, but can't seem to lose weight. I drink bout two gallons of water a day.

Next question is...
is there any vitamins to help boost ur metabolism and immune system?
I am currently taking vitamin c and b12 with a b complex.
Please help if u can.
Also should I drink a green tea or something to help flush excess fluids?

Replies

• wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Technically yes there is a thing as too much water but it is very rare. I don't think 2 gallons would do it. One note though, excessive thirst can be a sign of diabetes. Have you been checked for that?

Not really to boost anything. Most doctors/nutritionist recommend Vitamin D because most people do not get enough. My doctor also recommends chromium for that reason (and something about helping with cravings).

Drink tea if you want. It will not really flush anything. It is a very mild diuretic. It is known for antioxidants so there are good reasons to drink it but if you don't like then you don't really need to.

About your lack of loss, I again go back to point 1. There is a disease called insulin resistance. If you have it then it will prevent you from losing weight (or slow your loss way down). The doctor can check for this in your blood work. The fix for it is a pill called Metformin (in the news recently as it is shown to help with Alzheimers) and a low(er) carb diet.

Get blood work done, it is the best thing I did for myself.