200 pound fitness instructor ...

12346»

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,905 Member
    Facts based on studies designed to prove someones theories so that they can push their agenda and ideas. And did you really refer to a 300lb linemen with a gut hanging over their belt to a wide receiver who trains for speed and agility? Not sure I would consider most NFL linemen fit. I'm 6'5 245 lbs at 13 percent body fat, and according to the BMI calculators I am borderline obese. The most important thing this woman is doing is motivating people to start moving, I'd rather see that than trainers that discourage people by only focusing on numbers. Numbers matter to an extent, but the most important thing is to keep moving and work hard. The people that are at higher risk are those that give up on themselves because they look at some calculator and think they failed because the didn't some meet bogus number like BMI.
    Facts based on medical journals pretty much all say the same thing about being overweight, so it's not pushing an agenda nor a theory. It's medical studies that have been repeated by several organizations. Don't know why you think it's an agenda.
    The average NFL lineman runs between a 4.9-5.4 40yd dash. That's pretty fast even for an average human. Now combine that with pushing against someone equal in strength and size for at least 1.5 hours. Not fit? If it were that easy, then they wouldn't need conditioning training.
    But look up the average lifespan of an NFL lineman compared to their lighter counterparts. Their weight is DIRECTLY related.
    Just moving and working hard isn't the MOST important thing because there are many people who aren't overweight that don't have the health risks with very modest exercise regimens.
    Numbers do matter when it comes to RISK. Whether you want to believe it or not is up to you. I've already stated she's amazing. So is Richard Simmons for getting heavy people to move.
    And for the record, I don't look at BMI (since I'd be considered overweight too), but there is a weight limit that one shouldn't exceed to reduce risk.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • gogonunubean
    gogonunubean Posts: 160 Member
    Wowee! I was skeptical when I read the title, but that women rocks! This really shows the limitations of the bmi charts. She looks fit, toned, and all curves.