Breakfast! Can I get away with not eating it?!

Options
1235»

Replies

• honkytonks85
    honkytonks85 Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I have to have a morning meal or I'd be starving by lunch time and would be tempted to binge. My brain works better when I eat in the morning too. I don't know how breakfast skippers function at their jobs before lunch time. If you've lost a lot of weight and are maintaining or are already at a healthy weight and don't eat breakfast: more power to you -- keep doing what you're doing, it's obviously working for you. However, many people that are staunchly against eating breakfast are the same ones that are complaining that they can't lose weight. See article below:

"A new study shows that eating breakfast every single day is a key behavior among people who average a 60-pound weight loss and have kept it off for six years. The study in the Journal of Obesity Research was an ongoing look at successful maintainers of significant weight loss.

Nearly 80 per cent of them eat breakfast everyday as part of their routine to stay slender."

I've been maintaining a 52 lb. weight loss for a year and I never skip breakfast.

http://www.womenfitness.net/top10_no_skip_breakfast.htm

Those studies are flawed. Correlation does not imply causation.
  • brneydgrlie
    brneydgrlie Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    The short answer is that you will feel better if you do. But studies have also shown that people who eat breakfast end up eating less throughout the day than non-breakfasters. Nice to have something to help prevent binges and mindless snacking (IMHO).

If you cannot take the thought of eating early in the morning, have a protein shake.
  • honkytonks85
    honkytonks85 Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    The short answer is that you will feel better if you do. But studies have also shown that people who eat breakfast end up eating less throughout the day than non-breakfasters. Nice to have something to help prevent binges and mindless snacking (IMHO).

If you cannot take the thought of eating early in the morning, have a protein shake.

I eat more food when I do eat breakfast throughout the day. I prefer to wait until I feel hungry,
    If it ain't broke don't fix it.
  • lesle1
    lesle1 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I eat all morning. : ) I have something before I run, after I run, and usually again before lunch.
  • Pspetal
    Pspetal Posts: 426 Member
    Options

I eat more food when I do eat breakfast throughout the day. I prefer to wait until I feel hungry,
    If it ain't broke don't fix it.

^^ this!