Is Sexercise a valid workout?

Options
I'm curious to know what other people think, is it an unlogged bonus or do you regularly add it to your cardio goals for the day? Also how do you accurately log this as surely wearing a HRM is a bit off putting?
:blushing:

Replies

• NocturnalGirl
    NocturnalGirl Posts: 1,762
    Options
    No it's not. I mean, come on, are you only doing it to burn calories?
  • DPernet
    DPernet Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Aerobics - Low Impact - 3 minutes :love:
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    It's one of the things that people log that really drives me mad.... I mean really!? Like the other post said, are u really just doing it for the exercise?
  • honkytonks85
    honkytonks85 Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I'm curious to know what other people think, is it an unlogged bonus or do you regularly add it to your cardio goals for the day? Also how do you accurately log this as surely wearing a HRM is a bit off putting?

Sex does not burn that many calories
    Consider it a bonus I guess. You would be only cheating yourself trying to count it
  • sandown12
    sandown12 Posts: 648 Member
    Options

Consider it a bonus I guess. You would be only cheating yourself trying to count it

Ummm it really depends on how active you are and how often
  • Koshkaxo
    Koshkaxo Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I never log it but it is definitely a workout. The bf jokes that he will help me with my cardio anytime I want to :laugh:
  • honkytonks85
    Options

Yeah? Do you have any evidence that says even the most vigorous sex session burns say.. More than 80 per half an hour?

This is a good post on the topic

http://www.sparkpeople.com/community/ask_the_experts.asp?q=62
  • wasveganvictoria88
    wasveganvictoria88 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Aerobics - Low Impact - 3 minutes :love:

3 mintues?! Low impact?!

Well I get sweaty and out of breath...and if you do some more...difficult positions, you definately work out your inner core! Try reverse cowboy! Oh and definately try for longer than 3 minutes...
  • F__7
    F__7 Posts: 371 Member
    Options

Sex does not burn that many calories???>>>>>>> ALL NIGHT??
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options

Yeah? Do you have any evidence that says even the most vigorous sex session burns say.. More than 80 per half an hour?

So, in other words, sex burns about as many calories as yoga or pilates. Which are in the system.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    If you're having it that often, and that vigorously for a decent burn, I'd just raise your "daily activity level" on MFP instead of logging it. It seems pointless to me. Plus I wouldn't want everyone else on here getting an insight into my sex life!!
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    No. Jeez, this is almost as bad as people who log 'cooking preperation'

The whole purpose of logging exercise is to feed your body enough food for it to run. If you need the 'excuse' to eat more food, just up your bloody limits. Or if you find you're hungry, EAT. It won't kill you to go over your calories.
  • honkytonks85
    Options

So, in other words, sex burns about as many calories as yoga or pilates. Which are in the system.

I guess I probably wouldn't log yoga or Pilates either,
    Again, why not consider it a nice bonus. Strive to be more active in general rather than adding every little bit of activity to your diary.
  • NostalgicMuse
    NostalgicMuse Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with letting everyone know who got lucky....
  • DaSavedSinner
    DaSavedSinner Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Only way I would consider adding it is depending on the the amount of "effort" I put in....and considering some positions are good for strengthening abs, such as "doggy" but the man stays in more of a lifted Pushup, not a bad way to get some free calories WITHOUT logging them. I do this a lot if its something I an not exactly sure on the burn I either set the burn way lower than it would be or not log it period. It would be to tricky to accurately log since most of the time its random and sometimes goes for hours...I would agree with a previous reply, If you want to could that on a daily basis up your activity level. If your looking for an excuse to eat, try walking or normal exercise, even if its not as fun, or do both lol. Just remember the more things you count as exercise the more food you eat and the less you lose weight.
  • lillydlc
    lillydlc Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Sex is part of your activities of daily living. I would think that you are better off logging exercise that burns a more significant amount of calories.
  • FoxyMcDeadlift
    FoxyMcDeadlift Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    No it's not. I mean, come on, are you only doing it to burn calories?

Some people on here seem to clean more than they need to as well. Just Sayin'
  • MinkyMoo13
    MinkyMoo13 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I log my cleaning as it's usually 1-2 hour session once a week and I do proper go for it but i wouldn't log sex.. i mean it's part of my daily activities :wink: :laugh:
  • nostripewhite
    nostripewhite Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I was logging guitar playing for awhile, but then I realized... Why?

I'll log when I'm exercising to exercise, but logging 30 minutes of guitar playing seems to be reaching too much.

You could log sex, but as others would say, it seems like you're trying to make your diary look better than it actually is.