Is Sexercise a valid workout?

Options

Replies

• jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    No. Jeez, this is almost as bad as people who log 'cooking preperation'

The whole purpose of logging exercise is to feed your body enough food for it to run. If you need the 'excuse' to eat more food, just up your bloody limits. Or if you find you're hungry, EAT. It won't kill you to go over your calories.

Now hold on there, I was going to bribe my wife with an extra snack!
  • DPernet
    DPernet Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Aerobics - Low Impact - 3 minutes :love:

3 mintues?! Low impact?!

Well I get sweaty and out of breath...and if you do some more...difficult positions, you definately work out your inner core! Try reverse cowboy! Oh and definately try for longer than 3 minutes...

You'll have to come round and show me how :love:
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I would think if you are on the bottom..not many LOL
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    I don't see why people on here are getting SO upset over this! =| Having sex burns calories. Your heart rate increases a bit when ya do it.. it can also work muscles depending on what exactly it is your doing.. Sex is good for your body and for your mental health, for both you and your partner. If you have a sedentary lifestyle.. but go all out in the bedroom then I don't really see a problem logging it.
    I'd keep it as a little bonus honestly.. I don't usually count stuff like cleaning, cooking.. I just don't see why. That kind of stuff is part of your lifestyle setting. If you clean a lot and do 'other' things a lot.. and you feel more tired and hungry more often you should adjust your settings.
  • camiah
    camiah Posts: 146
    Options
    Unlogged bonus. Unless you're swinging from the rafters. And really, setting the connection between calorie counting, food intake, and sex is just unappealing. Are you really having sex only to increase your calorie deficit or so you can eat more? Takes all the fun out of sex, IMHO.
  • DPernet
    Options
    Unlogged bonus. Unless you're swinging from the rafters. And really, setting the connection between calorie counting, food intake, and sex is just unappealing. Are you really having sex only to increase your calorie deficit or so you can eat more? Takes all the fun out of sex, IMHO.

Unless you mix the food and the sex together :drinker:
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    It has to be in my best interests if my wife sees that sex burns 2000 calories an hour

So if you could all perpetuate please....
  • DPernet
    Options
    It has to be in my best interests if my wife sees that sex burns 2000 calories an hour

Don't forget the other old favourite....'it's good for the skin' :blushing:
  • Skinnymimi77
    Options

The whole purpose of logging exercise is to feed your body enough food for it to run. If you need the 'excuse' to eat more food, just up your bloody limits. Or if you find you're hungry, EAT. It won't kill you to go over your calories.

OMG people actually post "cookig prep"? :)
  • WhitneyAnnabelle
    WhitneyAnnabelle Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    If you never, ever have sex then...sure. Negligible gain, I'm sure, but sure.
  • cheree1969
    cheree1969 Posts: 98 Member
    Options

LOL.....too funny!
  • WhitneyAnnabelle
    WhitneyAnnabelle Posts: 724 Member
    Options

OMG people actually post "cookig prep"? :)

This, though....this. No. I mean--to answer the question: "Yes". But no.
  • Bethee101
    Bethee101 Posts: 99 Member
    Options

3 mintues?! Low impact?!

Well I get sweaty and out of breath...and if you do some more...difficult positions, you definately work out your inner core! Try reverse cowboy! Oh and definately try for longer than 3 minutes...

Ha!! Agreed!!!
  • stefanieceleste0530
    stefanieceleste0530 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I never log it but it is definitely a workout. The bf jokes that he will help me with my cardio anytime I want to :laugh:

Hahahahaha! My man says the same thing. He wondered why I spent money on a gym membership when all I have to do is call him to get a workout in! :blushing:

But, to answer OP question - no, I don't log it. I'm one of those people who only logs the exercise that I specifically do for the purpose of exercise.
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRq7OkxIx8fsej7IJ4y8GRw-DSIYG-NJ4QJRDsxZVkm__LBSyGNfQ
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    No it's not. I mean, come on, are you only doing it to burn calories?

Some people on here seem to clean more than they need to as well. Just Sayin'

My diary reveals that I pretty much only clean once every six months.

No, you cannot come over. :tongue:
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    "Baby, can you strap my HRM for me? Thanks sexy... yeah, put it right there. Oh, you know how to really put it on a girl..." :huh:
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    You had sex before, you have sex now. Only log new activities. I'd only log it if I were celibate before starting weight loss program, or if you only get it in once in a blue moon. I'm married so......
  • DPernet
    Options

3 mintues?! Low impact?!

Ha!! Agreed!!!

OK OK....2mins 45 secs...I included the 15 seconds it takes for me to roll over and start snoring...sheesh :smooched:
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options

:laugh:

I spit my coffee out everywhere!