whats your opinions on lean cuisine microwavable meals?

Options
My fiance is gone from 7:15-6:30 everyday for work, so it's just me at here throughout the day with our baby. I went shopping yesterday looking for quick/easy things and I saw them, so I bought some of them to eat for lunch. Good or bad?

Also, lunch idea's? I'm really tired of eating the same ol same ol.

Replies

• JanSmelly
    JanSmelly Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    My fiance is gone from 7:15-6:30 everyday for work, so it's just me at here throughout the day with our baby. I went shopping yesterday looking for quick/easy things and I saw them, so I bought some of them to eat for lunch. Good or bad?

Also, lunch idea's? I'm really tired of eating the same ol same ol.

I think there are better things to eat.

How about making more dinner, so you have leftovers?
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Well, I for one can't stand them (see ticker)
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    theyre crappy. too many carbs, too much sodium.

you're better off with a salad with a grilled piece of protein on it.
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    While they are low calorie, they are full of chemical fillers, and super high in sodium. I wouldn't recommend eating them often.
  • jcaughlin
    jcaughlin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    They aren't terrible but I always found they left me hungry so I'd need more food to satisfy. I have switched to fresh food. It has made a difference in the way I feel. If your choice is lean cuisine or fast food, then choose the lean cuisine. If you are at home and your choice is lean cuisine or fresh food, go fresh :happy:
  • smkcx
    smkcx Posts: 69
    Options
    Well, I for one can't stand them (see ticker)

your ticker is funny! lol
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I will say, I have one day a week that due to work/kid sports, I don't have time to cook. I do eat a kashi frozen meal those days. They are not full of preservatives and much lower in sodium. And they actually taste good and are filling.
  • caraiselite
    Options
    someone just posted 35 low cal lunches like yesterday? day before? have a look around, i'm sure you can find it. i didn't post in it sadly ;(

maybe someone else could link it?
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    theyre crappy. too many carbs, too much sodium.

you're better off with a salad with a grilled piece of protein on it.

agree with this. especially the sodium part.
  • smkcx
    Options
    someone just posted 35 low cal lunches like yesterday? day before? have a look around, i'm sure you can find it. i didn't post in it sadly ;(

maybe someone else could link it?

i'll search for it
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan but I do sometimes see the necessity of frozen easy meals...NOW I prefer healthy choice all natural steamables, or kashi meals. The kashi ones will fill you better and have good vegetarian options (mayan polenta harvest bake) and the healthy choice pumpkin ravioli are amazing and come out so much more fresh less soggy than those other ones. Also the Amy's frozen meals are good. These brands offer higher protein and lower sodium options. Usually I do require a fruit and yogurt or something w/ them.
  • KSea77
    KSea77 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I like Healthy Choice
  • caraiselite
    Options
    kashi meals are tasty, i'll agree with that!

there's a sweet and sour chicken one.

55 carbs, but eh. a lot less sodium.
  • hdsqrl
    hdsqrl Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I keep a few on hand for the days I'm running out the door to work and don't have time to pull together something fresh. I see them as a semi-necessary evil: They're convenient and better than getting fast food, but certainly inferior to fresh food and not all that filling. That said, I think I go through maybe 2 a month.
  • Ralphrabbit
    Ralphrabbit Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Not nice & not very healthy!
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    They aren't terrible but I always found they left me hungry so I'd need more food to satisfy. I have switched to fresh food. It has made a difference in the way I feel. If your choice is lean cuisine or fast food, then choose the lean cuisine. If you are at home and your choice is lean cuisine or fresh food, go fresh :happy:

I agree with this; there is worse, but there is also better. Lots of people (including me) take one day to pre-cook a bunch of stuff to use during the week like chicken and rice, and then cut of lots of fruit and veggies to store in the fridge. When meal time comes around it's quick and easy to throw together something made of real food, just heat and add toppings or seasonings.
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Throw them away.
  • Linbo93
    Linbo93 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Sodium City!
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I grill up about 5-7 days worth of meat at a time, and always have salad greens, apples and bananas on hand. It's just as easy to throw together a healthy meal as it is to nuke a TV dinner.
  • smkcx
    Options
    I like Healthy Choice

Haven't tried those.