whats your opinions on lean cuisine microwavable meals?

Options

Replies

• f1ctional
    f1ctional Posts: 235
    Options
    They are so-so..we eat them sometimes, but they are my least favorite, with the others being smart ones, and healthy choice, the healthy choice selection and portions are somewhat better tasting and they have chinese food stuff which i like, I also use lean pockets for quick fix lunches
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Throw them away.

this

take some responsibility and eat real food. many people justify eating this crap by saying they are just too busy. thats bs. its because they are lazy
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    When I don't have time to cook, these work OK - not great, just "OK".....
    Do not make this the staple of your food intake.
    For optimal health, clean eating is best.
    And that's lean meats, low fat dairy, nuts, whole grains, fresh fruits and veggies.
    Simple - good luck :flowerforyou:
  • SorchaRavenlock
    SorchaRavenlock Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    someone just posted 35 low cal lunches like yesterday? day before? have a look around, i'm sure you can find it. i didn't post in it sadly ;(

maybe someone else could link it?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/658405-35-quick-low-calorie-lunches

here you go :)
  • smkcx
    smkcx Posts: 69
    Options
    When I don't have time to cook, these work OK - not great, just "OK".....
    Do not make this the staple of your food intake.
    For optimal health, clean eating is best.
    And that's lean meats, low fat dairy, nuts, whole grains, fresh fruits and veggies.
    Simple - good luck :flowerforyou:

thx (: well I just bought two cause I wasn't sure how i'd like them.
  • izzie_Preston
    Options
    for something quick when your in a huge rush they are okay. i always have a few of tesco "eat live enjoy" range in the freezer for if andys working and the kids play up i just put lots of salad with them too and bobs your uncle fannys your aunt.
    i think the tesco ones (eat live enjoy) and marks and spencer range are the nicest. i couldnt just live off them tho xx
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    You're in the perfect position to cook super healthy homemade meals! My husband and I both work full-time jobs and we never use freezer meals or anything like that. They're gross and expensive and they don't fill you up. Instead, get lots of fresh fruits that you can grab quickly, use a crockpot to make soups and stews that are packed with nutrition, go to your local farmer's market and stock up on locally grown produce. Experiment! We made an amazing soup the other day just by throwing whatever we wanted into the crockpot.

Stay away from those little premade meals... they will just leave you wanting something else.
  • JeffJohnson26
    JeffJohnson26 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Waaaaay too much sodium. I would only use them as a last option if I had no time to get something good. Go to www.skinnytaste.com for some great suggestions. I use that site all the time to do a lot of my eating now.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Throw them away.

this

take some responsibility and eat real food. many people justify eating this crap by saying they are just too busy. thats bs. its because they are lazy

That is a huge generalization. Having a baby at home wrecks your sleep and messes up routine and meal times. They don't care that you need to cook in order to eat.
  • fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I like them!
  • smkcx
    Options
    Throw them away.

this

That is a huge generalization. Having a baby at home wrecks your sleep and messes up routine and meal times. They don't care that you need to cook in order to eat.

^ yes.

It must have been the way I worded my question because I think alot of people are under the impression thats all I bought to eat for lunch everyday LOL! I did buy cottage cheese, spinach, broccoli, tomatos and tilapia as well. ekk! but, oh well.
  • mandimuscles
    mandimuscles Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I used to eat them all the time. Until I figured out I wasn't losing as fast. Then I started making sandwiches every day and started losing again. It's all about the chemicals and sodium they put into them, they may not be real high in calories, but weight loss truly isn't just about calories and there are much more healthy quick things that can be done!
  • smkcx
    Options
    Waaaaay too much sodium. I would only use them as a last option if I had no time to get something good. Go to www.skinnytaste.com for some great suggestions. I use that site all the time to do a lot of my eating now.

^ I actually got a few recipes from there when I first discovered the site. Good stuff.
  • MelissaGraham7
    MelissaGraham7 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    someone just posted 35 low cal lunches like yesterday? day before? have a look around, i'm sure you can find it. i didn't post in it sadly ;(

maybe someone else could link it?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/658405-35-quick-low-calorie-lunches

here you go :)

OMG! That is fabulous with 35 great ideas!
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    If that's your ONLY option, then it's not the worst thing ever - but I highly doubt that's really your only option.

I prefer real food...
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Throw them away.

this

Judge much? So the one day a week I eat like this, I get up at 4:30 am, get ready for work, go to work where I am on my feet all day,get home at 4:15. Then have to get my girls ready and out the door by 4:40 at the latest to drive 35 minutes to soccer. There til 6:30, 35 minutes back home. Now my baby is ready for bed at this point. So a quick tubby, bottle and bed for her, while also feeding my older daughter. Its now 7:40, and I still haven't sat down all day other than the drive to and from soccer. And my oldest daughter still needs a bath and to get ready for bed. My husband works evenings so he isn't around to help. So by your opinion, if I then eat a frozen meal, instead of cooking a full meal I am being lazy? Wow, guess I am one lazy woman then.
  • rcbeck99
    rcbeck99 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Throw them away.

this

Wow. Judgemental much? I eat them. Not every day, but I eat them. I work outside the home and have two small children. Sorry if you don't consider that to be "busy" but I'm on the move from the moment my youngest wakes up (usually between 5-6am) to the moment they hit the sack. Don't judge a book by it's cover. You never know what a person's day is like.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I don't eat these because really, I don't have a freezer. I eat lots of eggs, chicken and sandwiches.

You can always cook your own freezer/microwavable meals by making a huge batch of something then freezing it in individual portions.
  • smkcx
    Options
    If that's your ONLY option, then it's not the worst thing ever - but I highly doubt that's really your only option.

I prefer real food...

I never implied that it was my "only" option ~ just looking for new ideas for lunch and opinions on lean cuisine.
  • Lynn_SD
    Lynn_SD Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Lean Cuisine has a line called Market Collection, they are steam-cooked in bags. I really like the Chicken Alfredo and the Garlic Chicken, both have a good balance of white meat chicken, some pasta and a lot of chunky veggies (broccoli, carrots, asparagus) for about 300 calories, 5 gm fat, 4 to 5 gm fiber, 23 gm protein and 38 gm carb (type of pasta and veggies vary with variety as well as exact counts). Sodium is not too high either, around 650. I usually eat them for dinner. If you can't cook fresh, they are the best ones I've found and the best tasting. (I had one for dinner last night). There is a shrimp scampi one but it's not as good as the veggies are cut too fine and not as plentiful as the chicken dishes.