Low calorie lunches

Options
2»

Replies

• tsaarloos
    tsaarloos Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Does sodium cause kidney stones? I don't get them but lord my fiance racks them up.. I blame them on his soda habit (thank the lord he drinks diet) but he eats a lot of processed stuff too.. sodium UP! I never knew that!

I've heard that sodium is a cause, but also I know that if you take the stones in to the doctor they can test them to find out what's causing them...I heard about one guy who was getting them because of chocolate!
  • oldmandee
    oldmandee Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    One of my go to lunches that fills me up is:
    1 whole Pepper (green, red, yellow ...)
    1 Mini Cucumber (or a chunk off a bigger one)
    1 Tomato
    1 green onion/scallion
    - Cut them up in smallish chunks, add a bit of salt pepper and red wine vinegar and mix around. I usually do this right before eating it.
    To vary it up, I add Chick Peas/Garbanzo beans, tuna, left over chicken or steak, as well as throw in fresh basil, dill, cilantro or parsley if I have it.
    This turns out to be a fair size bit of food which helps fill you for lunch at least. The additions are good for changing it up, adding protein and sometimes using up some leftovers. :smile:
  • MrsSexton2013
    MrsSexton2013 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    1 Tomato
    1 green onion/scallion
    - Cut them up in smallish chunks, add a bit of salt pepper and red wine vinegar and mix around. I usually do this right before eating it.
    To vary it up, I add Chick Peas/Garbanzo beans, tuna, left over chicken or steak, as well as throw in fresh basil, dill, cilantro or parsley if I have it.
    This turns out to be a fair size bit of food which helps fill you for lunch at least. The additions are good for changing it up, adding protein and sometimes using up some leftovers. :smile:
  • MrsSexton2013
    MrsSexton2013 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    1 Tomato
    1 green onion/scallion

I need to try chickpeas! I hear they are amazing and filling and low-cal!
  • sassyfrass9
    sassyfrass9 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    bump