DISGUSTING foods/meals you now love&help you lose weight

Options
13»

Replies

• supergirl6
    supergirl6 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Milk. I hated drinking milk before. I'm lactos intolerant and I think I just hated feeling sick and it translated into me not being able to stand the smell or taste of it.

Then I was told to try organic milk for a while and see if it didn't clear up my lactos problems. After about a week of choking down skim organic milk every day, something totally changed. I stopped feeling sick after each glass. Now I drink organic milk every day and I can even tolerate non-organic cheese without getting sick.

I still hate oatmeal and chicken and I don't suspect those will ever go away. I can sometimes eat chicken if it is shredded fine enough and mixed with other things, but that's a lot of work when I could just as happily eat turkey or fish.
  • lmeasterling
    lmeasterling Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Greek Yogurt. When I first started eating it I literally had to choke it down...now its a treat to me.

^^This.^^
  • starringmelissa
    Options
    this might sound weird, but fruit. all kinds. in addition to a minor citrus allergy, i was just not interested in fruit. the allergy dissapated over time and still i never felt inclined to even pick up an apple. now i run to the store whenever i get a paycheck to stock up on more fruit! total turn around. in retrospect it seems so silly because its like natural candy.
  • jiddu17
    jiddu17 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    People who say you hate brussels sprouts: try cooking them by sautéeing in butter and adding garlic, rather than steaming or boiling...makes ALL the difference!

Also - I recently discovered that buying them fresh is key. Stop trying to like the frozen ones.
  • Jillian1104
    Jillian1104 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Asparagus!
  • Bug207
    Bug207 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Greek Yogurt. When I first started eating it I literally had to choke it down...now its a treat to me. LOVE

Absolutely! I was terrified of Greek yogurt. My mom had been trying to get me to eat it for years but the dairy combined with the lumpy texture was such a turn off. I tried my first Chobani yogurt a few months ago and now I'm in love! What was I thinking holding out so long?!
  • moxiecowgirl
    moxiecowgirl Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Two things: Basil and Vinaigrette salad dressings.

I used to work in a French restaurant that served a basil pasta dish, and I wouldn't even go near the kitchen when it was cooking because I swore it smelled like cat pee, and the taste was horribly bitter to me. But now one of my favorite meals is Caprese salad (tomatoes and mozzarella with fresh basil). And as for dressing, it was ranch or nothing, and now I can't stand the stuff. I make my own vinaigrettes and love them!
  • moxiecowgirl
    moxiecowgirl Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Greek Yogurt. When I first started eating it I literally had to choke it down...now its a treat to me. LOVE

Absolutely! I was terrified of Greek yogurt. My mom had been trying to get me to eat it for years but the dairy combined with the lumpy texture was such a turn off. I tried my first Chobani yogurt a few months ago and now I'm in love! What was I thinking holding out so long?!

You posted while I was typing. I just wanted to say THIS TOO!
  • jiddu17
    jiddu17 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Spinach and mushrooms. I now LOVE them in combination. I saute them in with grilled chicken, then top the chicken with the mixture, and if I have room for calories, I will throw a bit of feta on there, too. Mixed in a few raw white onions after cooking once, also delightful.

My husband is thrilled because now when we order pizza, he can have one with mushrooms on it.
  • subtractionproject
    subtractionproject Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hummous and bananas. I can now eat both until the cows come home.
  • Lesley2901
    Lesley2901 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Nothing, if I hated it before I didn't even bother to try it again.
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Brussel sprouts and mushrooms.... I still can't stand them.
  • Elo99
    Elo99 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hard Boiled Eggs -- I couldn't stand them! Now I crave them :blushing:
  • stonegirldancing
    stonegirldancing Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Dates. I still dislike them as-is, but they do wonders in the raw food bars I adore.
  • swkittrell
    swkittrell Posts: 48
    Options
    Green peppers
  • johngirl
    johngirl Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I never was a big fruit/veggie eater....now I ear fruits/veggies everyday. The first time I tried greek yogart, I couldn't stomach it. Now I love the stuff. I prefer greek yogart over regular yogart!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I also I NEVER imagined I'd grow to LOVE raw coconut butter--I use it to help boost my fats/protein and as a substitute for peanut butter & butter. At first it was disgusting, now I LOVE it.

Also, I never liked milk (except when I was younger, many moons ago--when milk (like most foods/meats today) tasted completely different and reacted differently in my skin/'body. I now LOVE sunflower milk, almond milk, especially hemp milk and my new love Flax milk. I used to think those substitutes were disgusting--they are now staples I LOVE!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Green Juices filled with all kinds of veggies that I used to HATE and NEVER thought I'd eat and especially drink...ingredients like beets, dandelion greens, kale...LOVE it now:love: , especially with lots of fresh lemon juice, makes it taste like a super weird veggie lemonade or something:laugh: