What Time of Day Do You Exercise?

Options
13»

Replies

• Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    I wake up at 4am, but don't usually get started until 4:30. I'm finished with my workout by 5:30, then it's my wife's turn to exercise.
  • mamabear0222
    mamabear0222 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    just started in the morning ... was doing it at night but by the time the kids went to bed and I got set up with an at home work out, it was about 830pm!
    I found I was too wound up at night to sleep after that ...

So even though I'm not a morning person .. Im trying morning ... today was my first day and it was NOT easy at all to drag myself out of bed ... but I did it and then showered and went to work ...
  • Jani2416
    Jani2416 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    in the morning, I start around 8am.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    It depends.

We try to get up early in the morning and hit the gym. On the days we hit snooze one too many times and go back to sleep we hit the gym in the afternoon.

I do prefer the mornings because it gets it done and over with and you avoid the whole "work got in the way" excuse for missing a workout.
  • mariacolumbus
    mariacolumbus Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I exercise before work (I get up at 4;45 a.m.) If I don't exerciser then, the distractions of the day set in and it never gets done. If someone would have told me 4 years ago that I would be getting up this early, I would have laughed out loud. But it is a priority to me now, so I make myself get up.

The best time of day to exercise is when there will be NO DISTRACTIONS! no matter what time of day :)